June 7th

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Is Tom Jones Birthday, he is 80 years old.

Whether you were watching a game on the Green, Green Grass of Home, or an further afield, write about it here

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

Wednesday @17-30.
Euro 96 Qualifying Group 1.
Poland 5 v 0 Slovakia.

@ Gornik Stadium , Zabrze. (Original name of Adolph Hitler Arena)
17,500 / 9,515. (Another with a few to choose from , 17,500 was in ledger).

Poland - Maciej Szczesny , Marek Kozminski , Tomasz Waldoch , Jacek Zielinski , Waldemar Jaskulski , Krzysztof Bukalski , Piotr Swierczewski , Piotr Nowak , Wojciech Kowalczyk , Andrej Juskowiak , Roman Kosecki.
Subs - Tomasz Wieszyczycki for Kowalczyk , Sylwester Czereszewski for Jaskulski.
Manager - Henryk Apostel.

Slovakia - Alex Vencel , Milos Glonek , Marian Zeman , Ivan Kosak , Karol Prazenica , Lubomir Moravcik , Ondrej Kristofik , Jan Solar , Robert Tomaschek , Peter Dubovsky , Jaroslav Timko.
Subs - Marek Penska for Kosak , Vladimir Weiss for Kristofik.
Manager - Jozef Venglos.

Referee - Robert Sedlacek (Austria).

In the middle of an InterRail (May 24 - June 18) it was a lovely day in Zabrze , ticket was organised and went for a drink and feed pre game in the VIP area.

On the pitch it was a very good performance by the Poles , the first half was quiet with just the one goal, Juskowiak tucking the ball under the keeper after being put through on 9 minutes.

The second half had an explosive 15 min spell starting in the 58th min when a 25 yarder by Glonek was fumbled by the keeper and a tap in for Wieszczycki , next on 63 a run from midfield by Nowak and a through ball to Kosecki who fired home from the edge of the box.

The 4th , the best of the lot on 69 when Nowak picked the ball up near the half way line beat numerous challenges and fired in a left footer from the edge of the box. Slovakia were shell shocked and 3 mins later Kozak dawdled on the ball and was robbed by Juskowiak who ran through and rounded keeper to slot home.
Really entertaining show by the Poles , Piotr Nowak in midfield was the pick of the bunch.
Referee was kept busy with 7 bookings.

Final table. (Slovakia won return 4-1). Top 2 qualify.
Romania. 10 6 3 1 18- 9 21.
France. 10 5 5 0 22- 2 20.
Slovakia. 10 4 2 4 14-18 14.
Poland. 10 3 4 3 14-12 13.
Israel. 10 3 3 4 13-13 12.
Azerbaijan. 10 0 1 9 2-29 1.

21 x games , (19 + 2 summer) , 0 x 0-0's, Angler Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock (18 x foreign ).

Some others of interest.

1972 Stoke 2 v 0 Catanzaro.
1975 Monchengladbach 2 v 0 Braunschweig.
1980 Servette 3 v 0 FC Zurich.
1999 Mount Wellington 1 v North Shore United.
2003 Cagliari 1 v 2 Catania.

Last edited:

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
NOFV Oberliga Nord.
BFC Dynamo 5 VSG Altglienicke 0.
Adm. €8.
Prog. €1.50.
Att. 1,932.
Dynamo signed off the campaign with the title having been won weeks ago and this was a sad farewell to the ground at Steffenstraße and the enforced move to the safer Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark with Regionalliga football on the horizon.

The Willows

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Mansfield Town
Thursday 7th June 2018

England 2 Costa Rica 0 (36,104)

England's final warm up game before the World Cup in Russia. There was a good pre-match party atmosphere in the Old Peacock opposite Elland Road. Always enjoy internationals on the road, had not been to Leeds for more than 20 years. Game was entertaining with a memorable strike from Marcus Rashford being the highlight.

prorege

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Saturday June 7th 1980
Schools International
England v Scotland, 4-5, Att 70,000
At Wembley Stadium

Drove down overnight for this with a car load of friends. It’s the only time I’ve driven to Wembley and I remember that parking was not very easy. Having dumped the car it was at least easier to get into a pub for a pint that it would have been for a full international.

The attraction of the game, apart from the obvious appeal of any England v Scotland clash, was that I knew the family of one of the boys playing for Scotland.

Looking back at the film of the game it is hard to believe that these laddies were only 14 and 15 years of age, The quality of the football was outstanding. On the day, and from the video, it was a case of flair and individuality from Scotland against teamwork and strength from England – all punctuated by some quite wonderful goals from both sides.

England – P Lara (Heston Comprehensive School), M McGinty (Bishop Ullathorne School), D McClure (Edgware School) (captain), D Byrom (St Augustine’s School), W Donald (Furze Platt School), P Wimbleton (Broomfield School), D Willis (Benfield School), P Rideout (Kingsdown School), G Parris (Seven Kings High School), R Jones (Woodlands School)
Sub: P Brown (Washwood Heath School) for Jones
Scotland – A Bruce (Craigmount High, Edinburgh), E MacDonald (Belshill Academy), A O’Connor (St Ambrose High, Coatbridge), C Plenderleith (Currie High, Edinburgh), R Coyle (St Gerard’s Secondary School, Glasgow), P Nicholas (Holyrood Secondary, Glasgow), J Robertson (Portobello High), P McStay (Holycross High, Hamilton) (captain), J Sludden (St Mungo’s High, Falkirk), S Rae (Musselburgh Grammar), A Dick (St Modan’s High, Stirling)
Subs: C Currie (Wishaw High) for Nicholas, D McKay (Lourdes Secondary) for Dick
Referee – M J Taylor, Deal

The goals:

1-0 20 mins Paul Rideout
1-1 22 mins Paul McStay
2-1 44 mins Paul Rideout
2-2 46 mins Paul McStay
2-3 47 mins John Sludden
2-4 49 mins Ally Dick
3-4 ?? Paul Rideout
3-5 62 mins John Sludden
4-5 89 mins Paul Wimbleton

We watched from behind the goals in an atmosphere very different to previous visits to see Scotland. The crowd was made up predominantly of families and young people. We were loudly and obviously Scottish and people seemed to keep their distance from us. Totally unnecessary, of course, but their choice.

For detailed coverage of this match I can do no better than link to this excellent article:

Full coverage of an outstanding game can be seen here:

eng v scot prog.jpg

Desselsportfan

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Dessel Sport, Oxford Utd and all North Devon Clubs
My first ever Scottish Juniors game and most enjoyable it was too.

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Tayport 1-2
East Region, East Superleague

2009, a double in Leipzig

1FC Lokomotive Leipzig Jnrs v FV Dresden '06 Laubergast Jnrs 5-4
Jnr Landesliga 'A' Sachsen

1FC Lokomotive Leipzig v FC Eilenburg 2-2
Oberliga NOFV-Sud
(played at the Bruno Plache Stadion, the Juniors played on an adjoining pitch)

Also in 1987 a rain effected JPL game at Abbeydale Park, Sheffield

Derbyshire 154 for 5 off 19 overs (Maher 40, Roberts 37, Carrick 3 for 20)

Yorkshire 135 for 4 off 19 overs (Sharpe 57)

Derbys won by 19 runs

mxhornet

Junior Team Star
Carrying on the running theme

1977 Southern Counties AAA Championships - Crystal Palace 3000 metres 9-44.4 12th in under 17 B race

1987 City of Norwich Half Marathon 1-13-14 16th

1989 Bungay 10k 37-37 27th

1992 Hickling road race (3 1/4 miles) 18-19 3rd

2006 Eastern Veterans League - Boston 3000 metres 10-32.6 2nd

2008 Southern League Division Two - Cambridge 5000 metres 18-27.0 8th

2014 Catton parrkrun (37) 22-43 47th

2015 Poppyline Marathon - Sheringham 5-17-13 11th

Mark

Junior Team Starter
Saturday 7 June 1975
England Schoolboys 0-1 Scotland Schoolboys @ Wembley

Prog: 16 pages 10p

My first visit to Wembley, still referred to as the Empire Stadium in the programme, arrived courtesy of a school weekend outing to London in which we slept in large dorms at Baden Powell House. There were girls on the trip and they stayed somewhere better.

I remember nothing about the game except that it was sunny and we had decent seats in the upper tier. In fact, my only real memory of the day was when we’d boarded the bus after the game and some of the players were spotted. Darren C, an unpleasant child who, crucially, was friends with the sports teacher’s son, was chosen as our sole autograph hunter and allowed to leave the bus. A few minutes later he returned blubbing his eyes out when he’d been unable to claim any signatures.

Looking at the programme, there were slim pickings on the future prospects front, at least for England, with Ray Ranson the only name I recognise. In the Scotland side were Ray Stuart and Jim Bett. Much more familiar were the songs to be led by Ed ‘Stewpot’ Stewart in the pre-match community singing - Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree, I belong to Glasgow (which appears to be a song about drinking!), When the Saints go marching in, John Brown’s body, Loch Lomond, Remember you’re a Womble, Y viva Espana and Nice one Cyril.

Wiretown.Editor

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Town, Warrington Wolves RLFC
1995 UEFA Under 21's Championship Qualifying Group Six (@ Burnley FC) England v Latvia Won 4-0

My only ever visit to Burnley FC. It was a comfortable win. I stood at one end on an open terrace. I can’t remember now but suspect not all sides were open. The main stand was though. There was a reasonable crowd but it was hardly packed.

I think the abiding memory is the Burnley fans booing when an England player either came on or just when he touched the ball, purely because he played for Blackburn Rovers. The PA announcer just told them to support your own England players, but they took little notice of that. I don’t think the same would happen today.

1998 Llandyrnog & District Village Clubs Summer League Groes/Nantglyn v Llangynhafl 0-2

Either on the rugby club pitch or the outside pitch at Denbigh Town FC. It must have been around this time they moved again. I only saw them by the hospital once in 95 and a couple of times at the rugby ground in the subsequent years, but it would be one of those two.

1999 Llandyrnog & District Village Clubs Summer League Clawddnewydd v Llangynhafl 2-2

2004 Llandyrnog & District Village Clubs Summer League Henllan v Rhewl Drew 1-1

2007 Llandyrnog & District Village Clubs Summer League Ysceifiog v Henllan 2-0

2010 Llandyrnog & District Village Clubs Summer League Ysceifiog v Henllan Won 2-4

2012 Ayrshire Evening Times Cup Winners Cup Quarter Final Irvine Meadow XI v Clydebank 3-2

A revisit with options fast running out, but not a bad ground to go back to as the photo showed on a previous post. I would see Medda in the semi final the following Saturday as the away side

2014 Kingstone Press Cider National Conference Division Three Crosfields v Coventry Bears 28-32

This was played on the pitch closest to the social club. It was railed off and the steps up to the club house offered a fine elevated view of the game. Admission was free but a programme was on sale in the club and was good value. It was a great game and the result something of a surprise as Coventry were struggling in the league I think. Met Andy D at this one and I think we went for a post-match pint at the Ferry Tavern in Great Sankey. A pleasant pub on the banks of the River Mersey.

2018 Llandyrnog & District Village Clubs Summer League Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd v Henllan Won 2-4

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Saturday 7 June 1975
England Schoolboys 0-1 Scotland Schoolboys @ Wembley

Looking at the programme, there were slim pickings on the future prospects front, at least for England, with Ray Ranson the only name I recognise. In the Scotland side were Ray Stuart and Jim Bett.
Billy Gilbert had a good career at the top but yes I used to collect schoolboys programmes and keep my eye on who made it , there are few.
I had a couple of Crewe mates who played for England Schoolboys , none made the Football League.
England v Scotland 1975 - Schoolboys at Wembley

Last edited:

Ricardo

Junior Team Regular
1994 Surrey v Warwickshire at the Oval
Benson and Hedges Cup semi final
Surrey 267/7(55 overs) Warks 270/6(54.1 overs)

Surrey were on the verge on becoming a good side but Warwickshire already were one and their extra strength in depth won this one and they went on to lift the County Championship and Sunday League as well as this cup. Struggling at 158/5 in reply to Surrey’s 267, they had Brian Lara at no.6 who hit 70 and Dermot Reeve at no.7 who hit 46 not out to see their side home.

2009 20/20 Cricket World Cup at the Oval
South Africa 211/5(20 overs) Scotland 81 all out(15.3 overs)
England 185/5(20 overs) Pakistan 137/7(20 overs)

Double header at the Oval with a comfortable win for a strong South Africa side over Scotland followed by a nervy England performance, they knew they had to win to avoid going out at the group stage after losing to Holland and to their credit performed well against the side that would go on to lift the trophy. Kevin Pietersen, restored to the side, hit 58 in 38 balls but England bowled well too with Stuart Broad getting 3/17.40D60649-960F-4626-8DA3-51DADB4E298F.jpeg

Steveb

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
Saturday June 7th 1980
Schools International
England v Scotland, 4-5, Att 70,000
At Wembley Stadium

The goals:

1-0 20 mins Paul Rideout
1-1 22 mins Paul McStay
2-1 44 mins Paul Rideout
2-2 46 mins Paul McStay
2-3 47 mins John Sludden
2-4 49 mins Ally Dick
3-4 ?? Paul Rideout
3-5 62 mins John Sludden
4-5 89 mins Paul Wimbleton
Remember watching this game on TV at the time. At the risk of being a pedant, was the winning goal at 89 minutes, as the match must have been 40 minutes each way?

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Remember watching this game on TV at the time. At the risk of being a pedant, was the winning goal at 89 minutes, as the match must have been 40 minutes each way?
The last goal , Englands 4th was showing on the clock as 43'ish with Kenneth saying 3 mins into extra time.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Eight from me on this date, I was in Korea in both 2002 (World Cup) and 2008 (World Cup Qualifyers), but for me it was a free day in 2002, while it was match day in the latter trip, so today's tweet of the day is from the Kim Il Sung Stadium where I saw North Korea beat Turkmenistan 1-0.

I was travelling with Mr. Munday of WBA fame - we had originally planned to go three months earlier, but the match was moved at short notice when the North Koreans baulked at the idea of flying the South Korean flag, or playing their anthem. [That game was played in Shanghai]

Because we had specified the match into our tour, the admission price was part of our tour price. Other tour groups in Pyongyang at the time were given the option to buy tickets. The crowd was around 25,000 - a large portion of which were in army uniform. The foreigners were kept in the VIP section of the ground and not allowed to mingle with the locals. (This was true of the entire tour). In one of the pictures on the tweets, there is a group of schoolgirls with a slogan in Korean language. These girls and the rest of their party were from Japan, but of Korean descent. As such there were more reasons to keep them apart from the locals, as they could actually speak Korean.

In 1986, I watched the National Dryborough Cup final in Scotland. At the time, Scottish Junior Football was divided into six regions, and Dryborough sponsored a Cup competition in each of the regions, they then brought together the six winners, and two other teams, (nominally the holders and the Scottish Junior Cup winners, I think) for an late season competition. It is notable that the national final drew a crowd less than a third of that seen for the East final exactly 52 weeks earlier (and hence in tomorrow's post). I put this down to the facts that the earlier match was played on a club's home ground, rather than a neutral venue and the strong rivallry between the teams concerned.

In 1986, the game was played at Arniston Rangers' New Byres Park, and I have around 450 watching Bonnyrigg Rose beat Ormiston Primrose by 1-0.

In 1989, I finished my tour on a Thursday night in Vienna. I would have wanted to stay to the weekend, but my brother had decided to get married on this date, which he felt was outside the season. That is the problem with brothers who do not think the season extends beyond QPR or Watford's last game. Wiener Sportclub were in 6th place in the league, while 5th was required to play European football the following season. Their match was the night after the rest, and they were given a boost by First Vienna suffering defeat in Graz (at GAK). A win in this game would place them into the European place (on goal difference), meaning they would then only need to draw at First's Hohe Warte to achieve the target. The catch was the visitors were the already declared champions, Tirol. Around 1200 paid 80 Austrian Schillings to get in, and the result was not in doubt from the point when Tirol took a first minute lead. The Innsbruck side ended up winning 3-0, and First then beat Sportclub 5-0 two days later.

In the eight team section that comprised the second half of the top division in 1989, no less than five were from the capital, and this quintet filled positions 2-6, behind champions Tirol, but above GAK and Sankt Polten. By contrast, the foursome that did not get to play in the Championship round were all from outwith the capital.

Next up is 2001, and having completed my visit to Beijing, I had a few days break in Singapore on the return trip. Based on the final table, the visit to Bishan was the biggest of the games seen. Home United (who would finish third) at home to Singapore Armed Forces (second). The crowd is given as 4252. If you asked, the officials would give you a breakdown of the crowd, this would include more than a thousand tickets given to sponsors, (who did not turn up), but also 12 policemen for security (who also in the main, did not turn up - although as Home United is in part a police club, that may be slightly different here). In reality, there may have been around 2000 in the ground.

Home United was supposedly a combined team representing "home services", such as Police, Fire, Health, Customs and Coastguard. Like all Singaporean teams at the time, they were a mix of locals and imports, some fully professional, some part time. The league liked to claim all full time players, but only the imports got a decent wage. Home United won 4-0, with all goals scored by Egmar Gonçalves. Gonçalves was a Brazilian, but took on Singaporean nationality a year later and played 15 times for Singapore. He returned to Brazil when his playing career drew to a halt.

In 2003, I went to Amsterdam, to watch Turkiyemspor in the National Amateur final. It was only about two weeks after I had watched their namesakes in Berlin. Turkiyemspor were the Sunday champions, and played at Spieringhorn - a large grouping of sports pitches close to Sloterdijk. Each of the clubs that played there appeared to have a its own pitch and facilities. Here, I have a problem in identifying where I was, in case I should go back for another club, as Turkiyemspor have since folded and hence their ground may well be leased to someone else.

I recall walking though the park, and past other grounds, so my suspicion is that this was the pitch in the far North West of the park. Although the home team was a Sunday club, the game was played on the Saturday, albeit it as 5 pm, rather than the earlier kick offs preferred by the Saturday teams. The away team, the Saturday champions were Huizen. It cost €5 to watch, but the programme was free. At around 1200, the crowd was small for a game of this stature. Huizen comfortably won 3-0, helped a little by the home side dropping to ten men early in the second half. The second leg was played a week later, was Huizen taking the title with a 4-1 aggregate.

I have mentioned 2008, so onto 2014, which has a ring of being a Buncranaboy tour about it.

The game was the East of Scotland Junior Cup semi-final, with Camelon Juniors taking on Sauchie at their home ground, Carmuirs Park. This is a fine ground, with covered accomodation on both sides, and around 400 in attendance. I cannot remember the match itself, but this is not suprising consider the typical movements for a match like this - which would be
Very early start, meet at Buncranboy's residence, breakfast bap at a wagon to the north of Carlisle, beer before game, game (scotch pie if available), beer stop on the way back, often in Penrith, possibly with a visit to a chip shop, get back to my car close to midnight, still over an hour to drive home.

Sauchie won this one, but 1-0
P1070393 m.JPG

Finally, the CONIFA World Football Cup, two years ago, which by this date had reached the semi-final stage. This produced two excellent games of football at Carshalton Athletic, and resulted in Northern Cyprus (3-2 winners) and Karpatalya (4-2 winners) getting to the final, with respecively Padania and Szekely Land dropping to the third and fourth play-off. Great atmosphere, especially from the two groups of the Hungarian diaspora, playing each other and promising to support the other in the finals. The pitcure is from the first game

P1030098 m.JPG

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Turkiyemspor were the Sunday champions, and played at Spieringhorn - a large grouping of sports pitches close to Sloterdijk. Each of the clubs that played there appeared to have a its own pitch and facilities. Here, I have a problem in identifying where I was, in case I should go back for another club, as Turkiyemspor have since folded and hence their ground may well be leased to someone else.
I recall walking though the park, and past other grounds, so my suspicion is that this was the pitch in the far North West of the park.
It was OR S/W ?
If you go back to the venue this site will help pinpoint pitch if you enter club in the search engine-
https://www.hollandsevelden.nl/clubs/t/turkiyemspor-amsterdam-fc/

Loiner

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
None
Football:
2001- Catforth & Dist. Summer League D3. Plough v Goosnargh 7-0.
2004- The Summer League Cup 1st round. Weston v FC Hulland 3-1 (aet).
2006- Catforth & Dist. Parkinson Cup 1st round. Grimsargh v Withy Trees 1-4 at School Lane, Catforth.
Rugby League:
1991- Darryll P Woollin Memorial Trophy Final. Paddock v Shaw Cross 26-20 at Saville Town, Dewsbury.
1998- Division 2. Doncaster v Bramley 16-40 at Belle Vue, Doncaster.
Cricket:
1986- Played in annual challenge match for Ernst & Whinney v Yorkshire Bank Staff at St Georges Road, Harrogate. Former Yorkshire player Peter Whiteley was working for E& W at the time and organised the venue.

Steveb

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
Scottish Juniors and summer leagues, the only exception was last year.

1996 Catforth & District Summer Lge, Barron Cup prelim round: Cotty Brook 6 White Bull 1 (att 21)
My first game in the Catforth League. Cotty Brook was a logical place to begin as they were based in Catforth itself. The pitch was close to the Running Pump pub. The land it was on is still there, but houses have been built where the car park and changing rooms were.

1357.jpg

1997 2.30pm SJFA Ayrshire Cup QF replay: Kilwinning Rangers 3 Beith Juniors 2 (300)

1520.jpg

1997 7pm Forth & Endrick League: Blanefield Thistle 11 Deanston 1 (31)
I had trouble locating Blanefield's pitch. I asked for directions in a takeaway pizza place, and ended up following a delivery rider on a moped as he was about to take a pizza to an address nearby.

1521.jpg

2003 SJFA East Region, Super League: Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic 1 Tayport 2 (280)

2342.jpg

2007 Catforth & District Summer Lge, Barron Cup 1st rnd: Kenlis Arms 0 Elswick 3 (19)

Played at Woodacre Hall, which has been a home ground to various Catforth League teams.

2949.jpg

2008 2.30pm SJFA East Region, East of Scotland Cup 4th rnd: Carnoustie Panmure 3 Whitburn Juniors 1 (170)

3123.jpg

2008 7pm Forth & Endrick League: Thornhill 1 Gartocharn 5 (25)

The final ground I needed to complete the Forth and Endrick League.

3124.jpg

2012 Catforth & District Summer Lge, Div 2 West: Newman Athletic 3 Ribbleton Rovers 4 (11)

3765.jpg

2014 SJFA East Region, Premier League: Kirriemuir Thistle 0 Arniston Rangers 0 (130)

4069.jpg

2019 UEFA European Champs, Qual Gp B: Lithuania 1 Luxembourg 1 (3,263) at LFF Stadium, Vilnius

First of two new country ticks during a long weekend in the Baltic states.

4797.JPG

norwich6

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
football in Norfolk
Cricket
Tuesday 7th June 2005
Sussex xi v Lashings World xi at East Grinstead Sports Club T20 match
Lashings 144 for 7 Sussex 136 for 9
Admission £10 Programme £2
An afternoon off work for this one. A decent afternoons cricket with some
big hitting by Chris Cairns for Lashings. Sir Garry Sobers officially opened
the cricket academy building here after the Lashings innings.

Rugby League Saturday 7th June 2014 1230 kick off
London Skolars under 19 v South Wales Scorpions under 19 at
Enfield Ignatians Rugby club Donkey Lane Enfield
Score 0-44 ht 0-22 free admission Attendance about 35
A comfortable win for Scorpions under 19. An unroped pitch next door
to Enfield Town FC

Championship 1
London Skolars v South Wales Scorpions kick off 1500
at Enfield Town Donkey Lane
Score 18-46 ht 8-18 Admission £6 over 60 Programme £2.50 Att 351
Skolars played a few matches here whilst the 3g pitch was being laid
at the New River Stadium. A rare win for South Wales who I think won
only 2 matches all season. Skolars handling particularly in the second half
was very poor indeed.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
It was OR S/W ?
If you go back to the venue this site will help pinpoint pitch if you enter club in the search engine-
https://www.hollandsevelden.nl/clubs/t/turkiyemspor-amsterdam-fc/
This is the google street view of the extreme south west pitch
1591536952566.png

I am fairly sure this was not the one I went to, far too open and I would have recalled the building t the left of the picture. I feel it was either the one on the south side, to the east of this, or the north west field. Anyone been to DWS? Do you know where they played? I am sure DWS used different pitches to the Turks when I went, and that there was at least one other distinct club there at the time

Lord Lucan

Youth Team Regular
Only 3 today. 2003 Bonnyrigg which already been mentioned. 2008 Cumnock Juniors 3 Arthurlie 3 (4-2 pens) and

2015 (Sunday)

Fram 4 Grotta1
Iceland 1.deild (2nd level)
@ Laugardalsvöllur, Reykjavik
K.O. 19:15; Adm: 1500 ISK

Fram have won 18 titles, behind only to KR & Valur, but the latest was in 1990 and after winning the Cup in 2013 relegation followed in 2014. No doubt their supporters were looking for a quick return but this match, the fifth of the season, was Fram's first win. They were to win only four more, finishing 9th (out of 12) and have remained at the second level to date.

Newly promoted Grotta went straight back down, but came up again and won this division in 2019 gaining promotion to the top level for the first time ever.

Fram's home matches are played at the national stadium, by far the biggest in the country. Only the main stand was open for this match.
Fram.JPG
Fram 1.JPG

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks