Impact coronavirus is having on world football. Who's playing or not. .

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
In Germany Regionalliga West clubs have voted for the cancellation of the season. The only club that voted against the move was Rot - Weiss Essen who did so because of the 'economic risk due to possible recourse claims by season ticket holders and sponsors'

Chris1963

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
The FFF website shows some regional leagues (6th tier or lower) in France having fixtures for Sundays 10th and 17th May. It must be doubtful though if the ones on 10th May can go ahead because the lockdown in France lasts at least until 11th May.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
The FFF website shows some regional leagues (6th tier or lower) in France having fixtures for Sundays 10th and 17th May. It must be doubtful though if the ones on 10th May can go ahead because the lockdown in France lasts at least until 11th May.
Or maybe just websites not yet updated, Chris.

The FFF made this announcement on 16 April

Le Comité Exécutif de la FFF, réuni ce jour, a pris la décision de mettre un terme à l’ensemble des compétitions de Ligues, de Districts, des championnats nationaux du National 3, du National 2, de la D2 féminine et de futsal, et des championnats nationaux de jeunes (féminins et masculins).

Via google: The FFF Executive Committee, meeting today, has decided to put an end to all Leagues, Districts, National 3, National 2, D2 women and futsal competitions, and national youth championships (female and male).

The rest of the piece discusses the method of deciding promotions and relegations, which are mainly on points per game. They still hope to complete the top three divisions, but are unlikely to look to restart until June

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Germany are talking of restarting on May 9th behind closed doors. Probably optimistic, but an indication that the restart is not too far away.
Decision on the above was today put back until next week by the government so May 9th is now off the table.

fatbear

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Brighton, Crawley, Oxford City, Thame United
more attention for South Korea and the Faroes next weekend then !

fatbear

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
More Countries are announcing the restart of their fixtures

Denmark May 28th

Poland May 29 with the two outstanding Cup Quarter Finals on the Tues/Wed before

Serbia May 30th ( fixtures have been added to the Bet365 website )

Austria – I'm told will restart with Cup Final on 30th May

Last week Hungary announced they would restart on May 23rd with their Cup Semi-Finals

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.

fatbear

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
I decided to watch one of the Bundesliga 2 matches on Bet365 yesterday lunchtime. I think I possibly chose the wrong one !

Chris1963

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Looking at Soccerway, I note that quite a few countries are playing this coming weekend (6/7th June) but I think it is correct to say that in these countries where the lower divisions are showing as "cancelled" this means that the higher levels will have to be behind closed doors.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

Chris1963

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Thanks for the link, I remember seeing that Europlan link on this forum recently but couldn't remember which thread it was on. Estonia and Latvia should be OK from 1st July if quarantine is not a problem.

Going back to Soccerway, it appears that from 29/05, Hungary's top division started admitting spectators (but with a reduced capacity if Europlan is correct) with the best crowds being 2255 at Disogyor and 820 at Kisvarda. Unfortunately the second and third tiers have been cancelled. At present, UK nationals are banned from entry to Hungary according to the gov.uk website.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Thanks for the link, I remember seeing that Europlan link on this forum recently but couldn't remember which thread it was on. Estonia and Latvia should be OK from 1st July if quarantine is not a problem.
Seems quarentine will not be a problem going anywhere for us lot soon, just the returning that causes the grief.

oftenscore6

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
FC United of Manchester, St Pauli, Hammarby, Hawthorn (AFL)
Seems quarentine will not be a problem going anywhere for us lot soon, just the returning that causes the grief.
I'm not as confident about that. Looking at FCO advice, several European states, including Estonia, for example, have a quarantining policy based on the number of cases per 100,000 people where the person is resident. I'm sure this must be active cases, rather than historic, but the UK is one of only 4 countries globally which does not publish any data on recovered cases. It therefore appears that our cases per 100000 stands at around 350, way above the limit Estonia have for avoiding quarantining. Residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man (fully clear of Covid) might have a case though.

There has been talk that we are '2 weeks behind Italy', but the last time Italy had a new case level that we've had this week was May 2. To me, any other country is taking a big risk if they don't have some means to test UK residents on arrival or that UK resident passengers have a pre-flight test.

LeedsPhil

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
No events to take place in the Republic of Ireland with crowds of 5000 and over until September. This will not impact on domestic football should it be possible to get going again.
Within this N.Ireland-titled article, is the following statement about the Republic :

"All sport can resume in the Republic of Ireland from 29 June, as part of government plans to accelerate its Covid-19 lockdown exit plan.

A maximum of 200 spectators will be allowed to attend outdoor events, with the number rising to 500 from 20 July.

Decisions on how best to return to competitive action will be up to each sport's governing body."

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Mayo fixtures in the Summer thread.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks