Impact coronavirus is having on world football. Who's playing or not. .

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
2019 season was cancelled on 23/11/2019 with 6 rounds left.

2020 season has played 7 rounds and are OFF until April 4 at moment ? Unless you know better.

Ciderjon

Junior Team Starter
[QUOTE="Hoddy1., post: 15839, membe

How would I ever know more than you?😄

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
:ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile , Canada Premier League hope to begin on time behind closed doors.

''Toronto, ON (March 12, 2020) – The Canadian Premier League with its Clubs have been closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation on an ongoing basis. The CPL has established a working committee that has been monitoring the most recent developments and communicating with our Clubs regarding the appropriate measures to take as the situation continues to evolve.

The League has been working around the clock with input from relevant government agencies and medical experts to do our part in combating this public health crisis. The health and safety of our players, staff, fans and partners is of the utmost importance as we manage through this situation. We will continue following the guidelines set forth by our public health authorities and government agencies.

It is important to note that the CPL’s season does not start until April 11th and we are not playing in public venues at this time.'

agamemnon3

Junior Team Regular
According to flashscore.com there are two games taking place this afternoon in Belarus.

Brest v Smolevich at 3.00pm, and Dinamo Minsk v Rukh Brest at 5.00pm, with the earlier game being live streamed by bet365.

There are also two games scheduled for tomorrow, both being live streamed by bet365.

Apologies if I am simply telling you all something that you know already.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
🤫Thanks appreciated, yes mentioned in post 1 , it's extremely difficult at mo who's doing what.
Don't be misled with me and CiderJon , its a mate thing.

Keep em coming.

The league are showing all games live on a variety of gadgets. There were 2 yesterday and 2 on the 3 following days. Seems to be the plan , Thurs/ Fri /Sat / Sun 2 games a day live.

Saturation , they don't get anybody watching them at the best of times. Just a couple of clubs get 4 figure crowds..

Yes Dinamo Brest are current champions after stopping BATE's aim of a 14th consecutive title.
First time winners too.

One of the other teams you mention are also from Brest , RUKH , relatively new , founded in 2016 as Dinamo's Res/Farm side.
They joined the 2nd tier in 2016 , in 2018 they claimed independence from Dinamo and in 2019 finished 3rd and in the play off spot with 3rd bottom of top tier Dnipro Mogilev.
They won the 2 legged play offs needing penalties to do so.

So their in the top flight with their EX (?) first team , strange how Dynamo are lending them players for the season :unsure: 🤫

Last edited:

Scotty BUFC

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Boston United
According to flashscore.com there are two games taking place this afternoon in Belarus.

Brest v Smolevich at 3.00pm, and Dinamo Minsk v Rukh Brest at 5.00pm, with the earlier game being live streamed by bet365.

There are also two games scheduled for tomorrow, both being live streamed by bet365.

Apologies if I am simply telling you all something that you know already.
Also available on BetFair.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
'A'League gone now.

agamemnon3

Junior Team Regular
I note that there are half a dozen friendly matches taking place later today in Sweden, mostly with different kick-off times.

One game took place yesterday, and there are four scheduled for tomorrow.

Do we have any idea why the Swedes are permitting this, when almost no-one else is ?

brb

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Dynamo Dresden, Stahl Brandenburg
Soccerway shows Myanmar results these days ...

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
I note that there are half a dozen friendly matches taking place later today in Sweden, mostly with different kick-off times.

One game took place yesterday, and there are four scheduled for tomorrow.

Do we have any idea why the Swedes are permitting this, when almost no-one else is ?
Swedish FA issued a statement 17th allowing football with restrictions.

This is draft 2 , adding to above statement (translated) issued 22nd.

''Updated: 21 March 07.33. The Corona outbreak puts a lot of strain on our society. Swedish football has a responsibility to contribute to the consequences being as manageable as possible and to suffer as few as possible. SvFF has therefore developed guidelines and recommendations in support of associations, district associations and other interested parties.

Our approach in the current situation is to adapt our activities and take the measures that the situation requires. The decisions we take are based on the information available, and on the directives of the government and the responsible authorities. At the same time, we are aware that the situation is constantly changing and that we may need to reconsider positions.

All of us who together are Swedish football also have a responsibility to maintain and continue to run our business to the extent that the situation allows. Our assessment right now is it is still possible to play and train football, both at senior and youth level. However, we advise against all types of meetings and meetings that are not directly mission critical. Football is a positive force in society, which can certainly contribute to well-being and cohesion even in the current situation.

SvFF has developed guidelines and recommendations that all parts of the football movement should relate to. We believe that these can be a good support that makes it easier for associations to take care of their business and make decisions at a challenging time.

However, everyone must understand that the situation can shift quickly – new decisions from authorities can come, the situation can both worsen and improve. These recommendations and guidelines may therefore need to be updated (in principle, it should be assumed that this will happen). If this happens, SvFF will notify all concerned in the fastest possible way.

The guideline document last updated March 21, 7:33 a.m.''

Obviously the highlighted IS the crux according to God at the Swedish FA.

agamemnon3

Junior Team Regular
Thanks for that H.

The sentence in the statement that you have highlighted is certainly not one that I would disagree with, but I am wondering how one can reconcile it with the 'two-metre' recommendations regarding social distancing.

I also note that Union Berlin are playing Arminia Bielefeld tomorrow afternoon --- I am astonished that the Berlin authorities are ok with this.

brb

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Dynamo Dresden, Stahl Brandenburg
I also note that Union Berlin are playing Arminia Bielefeld tomorrow afternoon --- I am astonished that the Berlin authorities are ok with this.
E.g. soccerway still shows that match as on, but, it is definitely NOT

agamemnon3

Junior Team Regular
Yes, all the various results services are now showing this as cancelled, although it was still on the Union Berlin website as 'live' at 7.00pm last night.

Three games took place this afternoon in Russia, and there are six games going on in Sweden right now, as I write this.

Kirby Knitters

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Yes, all the various results services are now showing this as cancelled, although it was still on the Union Berlin website as 'live' at 7.00pm last night.
Did anyone seriously expect this game to take place at the Alten Forsterei with paying punters inside (or without for that matter?) Looking on the Union fans forum there is talk of "virtual Sausages" so maybe that is what it was.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Thanks for that H.

The sentence in the statement that you have highlighted is certainly not one that I would disagree with, but I am wondering how one can reconcile it with the 'two-metre' recommendations regarding social distancing.
Further things added to original statement.

''On March 24, 2020, SvFF's Board of Directors decided that Ettan will be played starting May 21, but that the series start will be postponed further if the social situation worsens, and that other lower federal series - division 2 men, division 3 men and division 1 women - will be postponed until the summer (start mid-June) and that these series are played as single series with synchronization with the district series. Detailed questions regarding the exact start of the series and game order will be returned to the associations in the beginning of April.''

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
A further (25th) statement from Swedish FA.

Emergency plan for national football
25 March 2020, 11:27
Allsvenskan, OBOS Damallsvenskan, Superettan, Elitettan and Svenska Cupen have already been postponed with the goal of starting at the end of May or early June. SvFF's Federal Board has now decided on measures regarding other federation competitions. Here, too, the game starts until May-June and the lower leagues will be decided as single series.
The Federal Board has also agreed on recommendations to the districts, as a guide for regional and local competition activities, and decided to postpone the remaining games in the ongoing futsal playoffs for men until further notice.
"The Corona outbreak presents exceptional challenges for our society. Swedish football must take responsibility and make the best possible attempt to contribute to the situation being handled as effectively as possible, so that the risks of contagion are minimized. But we also make sure that, if all the measures called for by the Public Health Agency are taken, there are still opportunities to engage in football around the country. It is also to take responsibility for public health," says Karl-Erik Nilsson, Chairman of SvFF.
Football is Sweden's largest sport. The Swedish Football Association conducts extensive competition activities which are of course strongly affected by the Corona crisis. With the uncertainty that now prevails, the Federal Board and the group that has worked out proposals for action have been guided by a number of principles.
Public health has been the focus and account has been taken of the recommendations of the responsible authorities, not least the directives on domestic travel. It has also been taken, having weighed up the comments received from, inter alia, the Commission and the European Parliament. SvFF's district associations and associations, strived for clarity and consistency in the measures now to be implemented and communicated.
It is important to keep up the organised sports activities and club life. SvFF shares the public health authority's view and encourages local sports men who do not include travel, but to carry out at all costs a traditional competition for seniors that also involves travel within the country is not as important.
Health always comes before competition.
"We have listened to the different views and wishes of the district associations, and based on these inputs we have tried to find creative solutions that give us the best possible possible conditions to implement the season in a good and sportingly acceptable way. I am convinced that everyone in Swedish football agrees that measures and adjustments are absolutely necessary, and that they support the board's decision," says Karl-Erik Nilsson.
"I feel confident that we have found a good solution that responds to the assessment of the situation that the responsible authorities are currently doing, and what this in turn requires of us." At the same time, we are aware that the situation can change rapidly and that further action may be necessary. If that happens, we are ready to make new decisions.
Decision on competition in federal competitions
Number one men
The number one will be played starting may 21, but the series start will be postponed if the social situation worsens. It is important to stress that this is based on a unison desire from the clubs and their association Ettanfotboll and is a starting point for them to be able to plan their activities. If the development of society and government directives do not allow for a series start at Ascension Weekend, the decision will be reconsidered.
Div. 2 men, div. 3 men and div. 1 ladies
The series starts for division 2 men, division 3 men and division 1 women is postponed to the summer (starting mid-June) and these series are played as single series with synchronization against the district series. Detailed questions about the exact start of the series and the order of play will be returned to the clubs at the beginning of April.
The decision to implement these series levels as a final series is taken as a last resort based on the authorities' forecasts for the spread of infection in April/May and so as not to force the clubs to play continuously every weekend during the summer .

agamemnon3

Junior Team Regular
Thanks again, H.

I'm not sure whether I applaud the stance that the Swedes are taking, or think that they've got it seriously wrong, and should pull the plug.

Four more games taking place later today.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks