HARD COPY PROGRAMMES FROM PDF NEW WEBSITE

davec

Ball Boy / Girl
Is anyone actually buying a "printed programme" from printaprogramme.com?
If the digital programme has been produced and made available free of charge, then I could say that I am already in possession of the programme, and all printaprogramme.com are doing is putting it onto paper for me. I am paying for their time, materials and postage and not the programme itself.
Surely it makes no difference to the producers whether I print it or get someone to do it for me. If the clubs or programme producers were being affected in some way (eg. financially) then that would be another matter.

Chris1963

Reserve Team Star
Yes, people do have the choice as to whether to print the programme themselves or get someone else to do it for them. But if you paid someone else to do it then the programme is likely to be on better quality paper and properly stapled by a machine. Ultimately, it might come down to what level of the pyramid the match was played in. For example, if it was a Barnet or Stevenage home game, then you would prefer a professionally printed issue, but if it was a Step 7 club then you might be happy to save money by doing an unstapled issue on cheap paper on your home or work computer.
Of course, it's down to everyone's personal choice.

BracknellRobin

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Bracknell Town
You can't copy other people's work and sell it.

Whether anyone will care about it is another matter.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Also, it is very naive to believe that every on-line programme on the web will be stored electronically for posterity.
I doubt there's a person on the planet who believes that every on-line programme on the web will be stored electronically for posterity. Any more than they believe that every paper programme will be stored for posterity. But both can easily be stored ad infinitum by those who want to.

Lionarm

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
The Lions.
All Kent teams.
To complete your on-line collection you will need to scan every page of every programme that isn't on-line.
I prefer, bearing in mind that well over a hundred years of hard copy programmes already exist, to print the on-line versions that may or may not be electronically saved.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Far easier, I'd have thought, to just store e-publications electronically and paper publications wherever. Either way, my point was that, for those who want to keep them for the long term, retention and storage of either medium shouldn't really be a problem.

Bigaitch

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
None in particular
In my opinion an on-line only programme, is simply not a programme. Why anyone would go through the process of preparing a programme and then not get it printed just strikes me as pure laziness.
Re the first part of your post, I could not agree more. An online ‘Programme’ is in my eyes just another page on a website, thinly disguised as a programme. The Cambridge dictionary actually describes a programme as ‘A thin book or piece of paper giving information about a play or musical or sports event, usually bought at the theatre or place where the event happens’.
When I visited the San Siro two years ago, AC Milan produced an online edition, with no paper version. However, this was interactive with the need to click on certain pieces to expand the article, something that obviously cannot be done on paper.

Re your second poI think, is it down to laziness or the old adage of cost effectiveness? Each club will will have their own reasons I guess.

For me, if a club produces some paper available at the ground I will indulge. If not, then I save myself a couple of quid....

Daveh

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
St Ives Town
I personally think that programmes are on their way out full stop. Allowing to produce them online is just a transitioning period before leagues will allow clubs not to bother producing one full stop imo.

Let's face it, all vital info in a programme can now be found elsewhere online.

At least for now paper chasers can print off an online copy if need be. Might not have that luxury in seasons to come.

Barnsley Dave

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Barnsley, Yorkshire CCC, Non-league in general
Why not. You might get someone travel 100's of miles to watch outside that might like one
I would imagine clubs do online ones because they have advertisers in their programmes whether the online ones or printed
I've bought a Slough programme and a couple of Wealdstone ones, both printed ,because there are some interesting articles in both of them and it says thank you to the club for bothering to print a programme even though the game is BCD

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks