Grounds for concern - 2020/21

Ashtree RockBee

Junior Team Star
Another non-League forum has just mentioned that Chard Town are set to move from Zembard Lane soon, according to the local paper.

paulh66

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Another ground move to report in the NLS. According to the West Midlands Regional League fulltime site, step 6 side OJM Black Country Rangers are now playing at Illey Lane, presumably the old home of the defunct Bartley Green FC.

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Liss Athletic have been given special dispensation to play their first three Hampshire Premier League home matches at West Liss Playing Field due to the poor state of the pitch at their regular ground.
Those matches, all 3pm kick-off's are:

5th September vs Sway
19th September vs Stockbridge
26th September vs Locks Heath
The Locks Heath game on 26th now back at Newman Collard so this Saturday's visit of Stockbridge is the last opportunity to tick them at West Liss.

IAN S

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles & Kendal Town
Richmond Town's game tomorrow could be the last but one there, get there while you can.

paulh66

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Burscough's new ground:

As is often the case, not a patch on the old one.

I don't know if the grading has been signed off yet but they're still supposed to be playing their first home league game a week tomorrow.

I don't know how relevant this is but, in June, the local MP managed to get the council to launch an investigation into alleged breaches of planning conditions: https://www.rosiecooper.net/2020/06/28/rosie-cooper-mp-secures-council-investigation-into-burscough-fc-planning-concerns/

And, in the last week or so, there've been tweets (from unofficial channels only, afaik) suggesting that legal proceedings have been served on the club's owners, to be heard in the High Court in November.

Who knows, but this protracted move has been divisive and the owners' motives have been subject to speculation for some time.

Sungater

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
None
Tidy, functional & no doubt cost effective but so, so bland & uninteresting.
It will not feature on my "Grounds to be visited list"

BDA_85

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Dunstable
Tidy, functional & no doubt cost effective but so, so bland & uninteresting.
It will not feature on my "Grounds to be visited list"
Similar to Stotfold. Looks to be a new standard step 5/6 design.

paulh66

First Team Starter
Team{s}
I think the stand at Burscough's new place has been taken from Skelmersdale's old ground at Stormy Corner, hence the blue seats despite Burscough's colours being green and white.

Chequer Properties were (are?) the landlords at Stormy Corner when they evicted Skem, posing a threat to the club's future at the time which they've thankfully come through, and subject of much discussion in the old forum. Chequer also own Burscough's old ground, and the owner of Chequer also have a controlling interest in Burscough FC.

ComradeBT

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Wycombe Wanderers
My word. Spectator facilities are a total afterthought. At least the club have a pitch to play on and hopefully in due course additional facilities can be added but from that video, a total lack of consideration was given over to supporters.

Bigaitch

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
None in particular
Bring your binoculars!
West Ham have now relinquished the title of ‘Worst view of a football pitch from across a running track’ in East London. However, it is good to see the club getting a place of their own as opposed to a ground share.

ComradeBT

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Wycombe Wanderers
Out of interest, does anybody know who owns the old ground down the road at Snakes Lane?

paulh66

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Basingstoke's new ground at Winklebury passed its grading inspection today. First home game there is October 24.

JamesF

Junior Team Sub
Prior to the upheaval, Litherland REMYCA were confident that they would soon be departing from Litherland Sports Park and relocating to the LCFA Sefton site (Drummond Road, Thornton - previously the Civil Service Club). However, no work appears to have been undertaken on the constructing the facility which they would be using (a standard floodlit 3G affair), so it remains unclear at this stage as to when or if the move shall be taking place.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks