Ground moves (new grounds, 'grounds for concern' etc) - 2021/22 and beyond

Swindon Addick

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Charlton Athletic, Cambridge City
Nice sense of humour you've got there Dave - all the info is in Polish and none of it appears to be about a new ground.
The post on 3 May (in English) refers to building an "outstanding sports facility", which certainly sounds like a new ground to me. Although technically I guess it could be a squash court.

Chris1963

First Team Starter
The post on 3 May (in English) refers to building an "outstanding sports facility", which certainly sounds like a new ground to me. Although technically I guess it could be a squash court.
I guess you have to log in to Facebook to go back as far as 3rd May? Can't be bothered to do so.

Barnsley Dave

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Barnsley, Yorkshire CCC, Non-league in general
GREAT NEWS
πŸ“°

β˜‘οΈ
We are excited to announce, that PFC Victoria London together with our partner club, Elite Magic Football Club, will start a project to build an outstanding sports facility
🏟

β˜‘οΈ
Both clubs received a positive response from London Borough of Hounslow, which after our joint efforts, allocated us a piece land
🀝

β˜‘οΈ
We are extremely happy that we have managed to obtain the piece of land that will allow us for a major development and taking a big step towards the professional functioning of the clubs
⚽️

β˜‘οΈ
We have a long way to go to achieve our plans. We believe that our fantastic relationship with London Borough of Hounslow and the vision of a community sports center will make our dreams come true
πŸ”

β˜‘οΈ
We will be regularly informing of how the process of this project is going
πŸ”Š

The above is the gist of it Chris :)

Pawn Of Prophecy

Reserve Team Sub
GREAT NEWS
πŸ“°

β˜‘οΈ
We are excited to announce, that PFC Victoria London together with our partner club, Elite Magic Football Club, will start a project to build an outstanding sports facility
🏟

β˜‘οΈ
Both clubs received a positive response from London Borough of Hounslow, which after our joint efforts, allocated us a piece land
🀝

β˜‘οΈ
We are extremely happy that we have managed to obtain the piece of land that will allow us for a major development and taking a big step towards the professional functioning of the clubs
⚽️

β˜‘οΈ
We have a long way to go to achieve our plans. We believe that our fantastic relationship with London Borough of Hounslow and the vision of a community sports center will make our dreams come true
πŸ”

β˜‘οΈ
We will be regularly informing of how the process of this project is going
πŸ”Š

The above is the gist of it Chris :)

All interesting stuff. Elite Magic FC, also a Polish club, currently play at the Springwest Academy in Feltham. Could be that PFC have moved there to join them.

We'll just have to wait until the Middlesex League update their website with club grounds or some fixtures.

Barnsley Dave

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Barnsley, Yorkshire CCC, Non-league in general
All interesting stuff. Elite Magic FC, also a Polish club, currently play at the Springwest Academy in Feltham. Could be that PFC have moved there to join them.

We'll just have to wait until the Middlesex League update their website with club grounds or some fixtures.
They've just had a tournament there so could well be

paulh66

First Team Star
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Groundshare changes are already being tracked in a separate thread, innovatively titled "Groundshare changes: 2021/22 Season" ;), here:

Pawn Of Prophecy

Reserve Team Sub
They've just had a tournament there so could well be

I enquired via Tweet of Hanworth Villa what had happened to PFC. They replied that the first team has been folded and they are going to concentrate on their youth set up.

The Middlesex League Mitoo site still shows them on the list of clubs but have not given them a fixture on week 1 (14 August). If they have gone, I presume the Middlesex Premier will run with just 15 teams.

Paul Cockerton

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Clapton CFC / Hull City AFC
I enquired via Tweet of Hanworth Villa what had happened to PFC. They replied that the first team has been folded and they are going to concentrate on their youth set up.

The Middlesex League Mitoo site still shows them on the list of clubs but have not given them a fixture on week 1 (14 August). If they have gone, I presume the Middlesex Premier will run with just 15 teams.
PFC Victoria put a call out yesterday for new players for the men's first team. I don't think they are folding

Pawn Of Prophecy

Reserve Team Sub
PFC Victoria put a call out yesterday for new players for the men's first team. I don't think they are folding

If they survive, then great news. Of course they could be asking for players because they don't have any. That's not so good.

But if they start the season then the original question still stands - where are they going to play ?

Andy D

Reserve Team Sub
Not sure if it has been posted on here (apologies if it has), Longwell Green have today tweeted a farewell post on Twitter to their ground, announcing that a new 3G facility has been started. Replies to queries about the current ground seem to suggest an immediate groundshare with Hengrove Athletic.

Andy D

Reserve Team Sub
In more positive ground news, Poulton Victoria of the West Cheshire League have announced that they have secured the use of their old ground in Wallasey and "can finally restore the ground back to the state it should have been kept". No indication has been given as to whether this is an immediate return.

Royals26

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Reading FC
Not sure if it has been posted on here (apologies if it has), Longwell Green have today tweeted a farewell post on Twitter to their ground, announcing that a new 3G facility has been started. Replies to queries about the current ground seem to suggest an immediate groundshare with Hengrove Athletic.
...now referenced on the Hengrove website - arrangement seems to be for just a few months up to c. November.

A WARM WELCOME TO LONGWELL

Atavistic

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Norwich City, Yaxley
I see that WMRL Division 2 side Edgbaston Spartans have been playing their hone pre-season friendlies at the Triplex (former home of Pilkington XXX and recently vacated by Cadbury Athletic), rather than their home ground of last season the Magnet Centre. Is this a permanent ground move for the club, or just something for pre-season.

Do any other sides play at the Magnet Centre?

Tramfan

Junior Team Hopeful
After home games played at Glebe and the National Sports Centre in Crystal Palace, Croydon FC move back to Croydon Sports Arena tomorrow hosting Staplehurst Monarchs United in a 3.00 KO.

villan

Youth Team Sub
I see that WMRL Division 2 side Edgbaston Spartans have been playing their hone pre-season friendlies at the Triplex (former home of Pilkington XXX and recently vacated by Cadbury Athletic), rather than their home ground of last season the Magnet Centre. Is this a permanent ground move for the club, or just something for pre-season.

Do any other sides play at the Magnet Centre?
I don't think they played at Magnet Centre last year although that was listed initially. When I looked last season they seemed to be using The Pavilion in Moor Lane which I did for Aston FC a few years ago although there are a number of pitches. I have not seen anything re this season yet so await league directory to appear or fixtures.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as Β£1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks