Ground developments thread

Scotty BUFC

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Boston United
Was comfortably the worst ground in Conference North this season. I presume the seats have replaced the scaffolding stand at the North end.

The seated stand looks temporary and they've said they'll put in a new terrace this month, and then move it a different location in the ground at a later date - so presume very temporary in style too!

007Dale

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Kettering have just had a new 250 seat stand completed at Latimer Park. I would have thought that the money would have been better spent going towards the proposed new stadium but it seems it was done for grading purposes.
How advanced are the new ground proposals? If it’s a year away, would it be more economical to try and find a suitably graded ground elsewhere? Longer than that, they will be stuck with upgrading what they have.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
I think it is well over a year away. Scott Road is the location which is close to where the old Rockingham Road ground was. I've heard nothing about the proposed development for a long time which I suppose is why they are spending money at Burton Latimer.

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
Not sure if this strictly within the parameters of this thread but Yate Town have secured funding of £1500 from the The Premier League, The FA and the Government's Football Foundation from the Pitch Preparation Fund.
The Football Foundation is a charity funded by the 3 partners and administered through Sport England.
It's quite significant for Yate , I believe, as they only took back ownership of their ground last year and now with the security of tenure that comes with that can now, hopefully, start securing any grants or other funding previously unavailable to the club.

The vulture

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Groundhog
Not sure if this strictly within the parameters of this thread but Yate Town have secured funding of £1500 from the The Premier League, The FA and the Government's Football Foundation from the Pitch Preparation Fund.
The Football Foundation is a charity funded by the 3 partners and administered through Sport England.
It's quite significant for Yate , I believe, as they only took back ownership of their ground last year and now with the security of tenure that comes with that can now, hopefully, start securing any grants or other funding previously unavailable to the club.
Hopefully to be spent on the car park at the "Pot holes arena".

Dribble!

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Ipswich Town
Some thought it may never happen, Harleston Town (Anglian Combination) reporting on their twitter feed that the floodlight poles are now up

Royals26

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Reading FC
As mentioned in another thread, Bracknell Town are looking to move away from Larges Lane in the near future. Lots of developments going on around the town.
... a month or so on from the article quoted above and it is generally thought locally, that the 'under wraps' development site mentioned, is going to be around Bottom Meadow - Sandhurst FC

Chris1963

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
... a month or so on from the article quoted above and it is generally thought locally, that the 'under wraps' development site mentioned, is going to be around Bottom Meadow - Sandhurst FC
All that way to Sandhurst for a permanent groundshare? That's crazy. I know it's difficult to get planning permission for a new site in such a posh area, but if it has to be a groundshare, then Ascot United and Binfield are much closer.

Royals26

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Reading FC
All that way to Sandhurst for a permanent groundshare? That's crazy. I know it's difficult to get planning permission for a new site in such a posh area, but if it has to be a groundshare, then Ascot United and Binfield are much closer.
... I suspect it's likely to be a bit more permanent than a groundshare - and it's not actually that far out of Bracknell - bearing in mind how far south the Town has extended South since the days when I was a nipper growing up in a 'Newtown' ..... (60-70s)

Ashtree RockBee

Junior Team Starter
Lyne of the Surrey Elite Intermediate League moved in with Ascot United last October. A bit of a trek from Addlestone, that.

Tel

Junior Team Hopeful
Staines Lammas have now received planning permission for floodlights. Potential return to the Combined Counties after their demotion.

HarryC

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Fleet Town
Sandhurst Town will be groundsharing AT Bracknell until their 3G is ready - expected to be in October

BracknellRobin

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Bracknell Town
... I suspect it's likely to be a bit more permanent than a groundshare - and it's not actually that far out of Bracknell - bearing in mind how far south the Town has extended South since the days when I was a nipper growing up in a 'Newtown' ..... (60-70s)
Ascot and Binfield are both about 3 miles away. Sandhurst is about 7 miles away but is in the "Bracknell Forest Council" area. Whether that's enough to call it a permanent home for "Bracknell Town" is another matter. There is little to no green gap between Bracknell and Crowthorne/Sandhurst these days.

Stoodley Pike

Reserve Team Hopeful
Everything up in the air (still) with York's Community Stadium.

A City of York Council report states construction is "practically complete but final items have in the recent weeks been effected (sic) by Covid-19".

Test events postponed in January cannot be rescheduled until "all contractors and partners are able to return safely to the site to fully complete the works".

York City chairman Jason McGill (as much in the dark as everybody else) told the club website: "For the first time in a long time, we do not know what the coming months hold for the club and no amount of internal planning or forecasting will resolve that situation. When will next season begin? Will our fans be allowed to attend? Will we play in the new stadium or at Bootham Crescent? I’m sure you have the same questions. We just don’t know, unfortunately."

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Sandhurst Town will be groundsharing AT Bracknell until their 3G is ready - expected to be in October
Yateley United also groundshare at Sandhurst Town so they will need somewhere else to play home games early in the season unless they can all matches away until October. I believe they are redeveloping their old ground - Sean Deveraux Park and hope to move back there next year.

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Yateley United also groundshare at Sandhurst Town so they will need somewhere else to play home games early in the season unless they can all matches away until October. I believe they are redeveloping their old ground - Sean Deveraux Park and hope to move back there next year.
Yateley are at Cove next season.

jackb0swell

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Aldershot Town, Yateley United

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks