Grading Pass or Fail

oftenscore6

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
FC United of Manchester, St Pauli, Hammarby, Hawthorn (AFL)
Don't think anyone would care if it was in their own County boundary. But traveling over 30 mile to Consett . Madness
Not sure the county boundary is such a massive obstacle to players and fans - how many spectators do they get now? But they will likely lose some local identity through such a move. Playing devil's advocate, I understand some development grants are more readily available at step 6 than step 7 though, so this could be that it's an initial step that could help them develop their own venue in time.

footylover

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Newcastle United
Not sure the county boundary is such a massive obstacle to players and fans - how many spectators do they get now? But they will likely lose some local identity through such a move. Playing devil's advocate, I understand some development grants are more readily available at step 6 than step 7 though, so this could be that it's an initial step that could help them develop their own venue in time.
Come on! I tend to watch teams in and around the Durham area, occasionally elsewhere if one of those teams has a game which looks like it may be a decent game. Washington playing at New Ferns Park is stupid enough. Boro Rangers playing out of Consett ? The football worlds gone mad if that ridiculous scenario is ever allowed. Absolute madness. Not to mention they could stop a club who finish in a promotion place with their own ground from going up. There are clubs who have applied who will be ready to step up notably Blue Star , Blyth Town, Hordon, Gateshead Leam Rangers, Maybe even Killingworth and Wolviston . Do you really think Boro Rangers should gain promotion ahead of any of these clubs mentioned?.

windydcfc

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Derby County, England & Borussia Mönchengladbach
Come on! I tend to watch teams in and around the Durham area, occasionally elsewhere if one of those teams has a game which looks like it may be a decent game. Washington playing at New Ferns Park is stupid enough. Boro Rangers playing out of Consett ? The football worlds gone mad if that ridiculous scenario is ever allowed. Absolute madness. Not to mention they could stop a club who finish in a promotion place with their own ground from going up. There are clubs who have applied who will be ready to step up notably Blue Star , Blyth Town, Hordon, Gateshead Leam Rangers, Maybe even Killingworth and Wolviston . Do you really think Boro Rangers should gain promotion ahead of any of these clubs mentioned?.
Durham City have told me that another club has signed a 2 year agreement at New Ferrens Park. I’ve heard Washington are definitely leaving and I believe the new residents will be Boro Rangers.

footylover

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Newcastle United
Durham City have told me that another club has signed a 2 year agreement at New Ferrens Park. I’ve heard Washington are definitely leaving and I believe the new residents will be Boro Rangers.
So where are Washington going then?. I've been to their last 2 home games and not heard anything regarding them leaving or anyone coming in for that matter

windydcfc

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
So where are Washington going then?. I've been to their last 2 home games and not heard anything regarding them leaving or anyone coming in for that matter
I’d heard that they were moving to a ground that currently doesn’t pass the ground grading requirements for step 6. I’ll post it whenever I find the details.

footylover

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Newcastle United
I’d heard that they were moving to a ground that currently doesn’t pass the ground grading requirements for step 6. I’ll post it whenever I find the details.
If its the new facility in Washington that would apply as its not a step 6 ready facility . Its a very good facility but not step 6 . Unlike Ford Quarry where West End have added the step 6 requirements to allow them to return. Had a look at both recently and have to say they are both top drawer. I heard that there is a new step 6 facility incorporated in the development at DFA Headquarters at Chester Le Street

Dear Drewper

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Redcar Athletic, Middlesbrough
Well that ground wasn't on their application form submitted by 31st December 2019 and this is almost an identical case to Newcastle University when they signed up to play at Prudhoe Town's ground. That application was thrown out and fair play to Newcastle University they played the following season at the ground and were promoted the following year. I would expect the same to happen here, but there's a bigger problem as Boro Rangers will be moving outside the normal parimeters of the League they are playing in. I can see most, if not all of the teams of the North Riding League refusing to travel outside of these parimeters, so they may not be able to play any League or Cup games run by the NRFA, at New Ferens Park. If that's the case how would they then quality for promotion next season well?

footylover

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Newcastle United
Teams regularly cross their county lines to play league fixtures. The Northern Alliance Wearside leagues have clubs from various county's so i cant see that being a problem. Not having the ground on the application could be though . FA should just say no outright to these crazy applications and put them to bed once and for all.

windydcfc

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Well that ground wasn't on their application form submitted by 31st December 2019 and this is almost an identical case to Newcastle University when they signed up to play at Prudhoe Town's ground. That application was thrown out and fair play to Newcastle University they played the following season at the ground and were promoted the following year. I would expect the same to happen here, but there's a bigger problem as Boro Rangers will be moving outside the normal parimeters of the League they are playing in. I can see most, if not all of the teams of the North Riding League refusing to travel outside of these parimeters, so they may not be able to play any League or Cup games run by the NRFA, at New Ferens Park. If that's the case how would they then quality for promotion next season well?
I’ve been told that applications can be altered up to a certain point. I believe it’s the 31st March, hopefully a League official or ground grader can confirm this.

footylover

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Newcastle United
I’ve been told that applications can be altered up to a certain point. I believe it’s the 31st March, hopefully a League official or ground grader can confirm this.
FA rules state otherwise. 31st December is the final application date so i guess any team denied promotion will be closely scrutinizing Boro Rangers application

windydcfc

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
FA rules state otherwise. 31st December is the final application date so i guess any team denied promotion will be closely scrutinizing Boro Rangers application
The final application has to be submitted by the 31st December. But alterations are allowed to the application up to the 31st March(I believe).

goal scoring outside left

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
whitley bay.
so will that mean they cannot take promotion this season as I thought you had to have played at the ground for the season before you take promotion.

windydcfc

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
so will that mean they cannot take promotion this season as I thought you had to have played at the ground for the season before you take promotion.
It depends if they can get the FA to agree that it isn’t a groundshare. If the FALC agrees that it’s a joint tenancy agreement(aka Pinchbeck) then there’s no reason why they can’t be promoted.

Terraloon

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Weymouth
Morning

First off this site is great find for me and so impressed with the wider knowledge you good people have.

Anyway to my question.

Looking at the difference in grading requirements for season 20/21 there appears very few between Level C ( Step 3? ) and Level D( Step 4?) The improvements appear mainly focused on things like amount of covered accommodation and seating along with another supporter entrance and press and toilet facilities.

My interest is around Blackfield and Langley.

I note in all your projections are that they will stay in the Southern League Prem South. Yet supporters at Dorchester maintain that they , Blackfield, will be taking a voluntary relegation.I cant find anything to suggest that’s correct .

Any Thoughts?

windydcfc

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
It’s been mentioned that they will be demoted. Because they’re going to fail the ground grading. I’m waiting for the 31st March to change their status. This opens up the relegation debate for step 3. Will the FALC place them bottom? If so Beaconsfield Town will be reprieved. Or will the FA still relegated the bottom 2 from all the step 3 leagues and they are the extra club demoted? Initially 2 of the 4 3rd bottom placed step 3 clubs were going to be relegated on a ppg basis. Bury’s demise should reduce this 1 club relegated.

windydcfc

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
• Ground sharing is not permitted in order to gain promotion. Clubs in a ground share MUST be using the ground shown in the application throughout the whole of the current playing season.
• Upon receipt of applications The Football Association will arrange for grounds to be inspected and graded. The co operation of Clubs in ensuring that inspections can take place will be appreciated. The inspections will be carried out by a representative of the appropriate Step 6 competition together with, where possible, a representative from the club’s current Step 7 competition.
• Clubs are reminded that grading visits are exactly that. They are NOT advisory visits. Clubs are responsible for ensuring that grounds fully comply with the requirements of Grade H prior to agreeing a date for a visit. A copy of the requirements of Grade H can be found within this communication.
AFC Killingworth have recently moved to a ground that they are trying to get up to step 6 standard. No other club’s play there and they’ve been told that if they pass the grading then they are fine to be promoted. Obviously they may miss out if they end up below Blyth Town & Newcastle BS.

footylover

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Newcastle United
AFC Killingworth have recently moved to a ground that they are trying to get up to step 6 standard. No other club’s play there and they’ve been told that if they pass the grading then they are fine to be promoted. Obviously they may miss out if they end up below Blyth Town & Newcastle BS.
That may be but it will open up a can of worms if its allowed and no doubt multiple appeals

marinersteve

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
South Shields
That may be but it will open up a can of worms if its allowed and no doubt multiple appeals
No it won't. The rule is only against groundsharing not moving to a new ground of your own

Terraloon

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Weymouth
It’s been mentioned that they will be demoted. Because they’re going to fail the ground grading. I’m waiting for the 31st March to change their status. This opens up the relegation debate for step 3. Will the FALC place them bottom? If so Beaconsfield Town will be reprieved. Or will the FA still relegated the bottom 2 from all the step 3 leagues and they are the extra club demoted? Initially 2 of the 4 3rd bottom placed step 3 clubs were going to be relegated on a ppg basis. Bury’s demise should reduce this 1 club relegated.
I think its stated in the regulations that in the event a team resigns then they are treated as a relegated club but the league positions are not adjusted.
My best guess is if Blackfield fail ground grading then unless anything else occurs then the bottom two in each of the 4 leagues will be relegated.

footylover

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Newcastle United
Never thought of that tbh. So if that is the case then its going to be a very interesting run in for the Northern Alliance teams. Killingworth could have the most difficult task as the amount of games they have to play is horrendous . Seen many a good team fall away through having to play 3 games a week which is whats going to happen to them. Blyth Town are looking good as are Blue Star. It would be a crying shame if any of these 3 teams were denied promotion whilst Boro Rangers are allowed promotion on what is blatantly a ground share whichever way you dress it up. They may have a contract ,they may not but still its flouting the rules to their advantage.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks