George Reynolds (ex Darlington chairman)

MistaFozz

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Darlington and Sunderland
Where I come from describing someone as a Character was a polite way of saying they are a Bell End.

Although I wasn't watching Darlington during Reynolds tenure at the Club, I still had no time for Reynolds, I won't be shedding tears or mourning George Reynolds and neither will the majority of the support...I don't think the Club themselves even so much as made a statement.

No matter how much of a businessman he became, he was above all else a criminal and a bully as those who spoke out against him would find out...

David Preece for example found out how much of a bully Reynolds was, when he was transferred to Aberdeen, Preece was due 15% of his transfer fee (about 45 large in this case), only for Reynolds to demand Preece 15% over to DFC otherwise Reynolds would pull the deal, bring Preece back and let him rot in the Reserves.

I also heard the only reason he bought Darlington was because he tried to invest in Sunderland, but Bob Murray kept blocking him.

The biggest noose he made for himself was the Stadium, it should never have been more than 10000 with the option to extend later.

But the Council also shit on him from a great height, he wanted to host concerts, car boot sales, computer Fairs, wedding Fairs etc, and DBC also limited the Capacity to 10,000 for lack of Car Parking...

Once George was gone, DBC would let Concerts and other events go ahead.

End of the day, he was not a nice man, he was a bully, a chest, a fraudster...

But, that being said, I hope he is resting peacefully...

I was brought not to disrespect death, but also taught not to forget who a person was in life

MistaFozz

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Darlington and Sunderland
I've just read the reply back I made...

Given the nature of this board and what it's meant to be...

If I've stepped out of line, I apologise, but was just given my honest opinion of the man

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
George Reynolds will be one of this week's four people featured in the BBC Radio 4 obituary programme Last Word. To be broadcast at 4pm on Friday 23rd April and repeated at 8:30pm on Sunday + on BBC Sounds (radio i-player) where it will be available for over a year.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock