Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Lancashire CCC, Wigan Warriors
1030hrs
Army FA, Massey Trophy, Division One
Tidworth Oval
Army Air Corps 0 Royal Engineers 6
F&N Attendance: ~20

After the recent thread on here, I thought I'd avail myself of a local game. This is Men's Corps football rather than individual regimental teams and the boys from Chatham were down in Wiltshire to take on the Air Corps.
Easy access with no passes required as the Oval is outside the (otherwise) high-security of Tidworth Camp. Athletic track but a small-ish grandstand and access to one side only with good parking.
A very one-sided game with the RE completely out-classing the host AAC team. The biggest surprise was that we reached the turn 0-0; however this was downj to a brilliant display from the AAC keeper who had a blinder, it could have been 5-0 at HT. AAC offered nothing going forward and looked lightweight all over the park. The flood gates opened on 47 and further goals were scored on 58, 70, 75, 81 and 86. The RE team looked very good although thi does not take them to the top of the table.
Brilliant way to spend a Friday am - pity there's not much locally on tonight

R.S.Cavendish

Junior Team Sub
SWANSEA UNIVERSITY 3 GOYTRE UNITED 0

@Sketty Lane
Attendance : 33
Programme : Digital, but teamsheets given out

For a top match in Cymru South the attendance was woeful. There were more officials than paying spectators. The ground has perfect facilities; a decent stand with good sightlines; easy parking and hot drinks available. If top-of-the-table University do get promoted the golden rule in the top league is 'no attendance figure under 110.' We shall see.
The game itself was of a very good standard. SU took the lead in the 25th minute through Toms but it was the second goal just after the break which livened up the crowd: A seven man move from the keeper, down the left touchline and a low cross fired home by Orme was a superb training ground move which worked perfectly. A third own-goal just after the hour sealed the three points and the game.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks