Forum Software Upgrade...

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
... just to let you know this will take place some time on Sunday. Whenever I get out of bed and have had sufficient coffee basically. It will update the forum software to the latest version. There will be some downtime but normally not more than a few minutes which is only annoying if you're in the middle of writing a lengthy post.

Server software has already been updated and you should be noticing that the site is faster than it was in the past. Hope so anyway.

Cheers... Steve

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
This is now completed.

Downtime was a lot longer than intended at a bit short of 3 hours. Apologies for that.

Steve

The vulture

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
With this new upgrade, has the option to preview a post before submitting it been lost, or have I somehow managed to lose that feature?

Wheelbarrow

Youth Team Star
With this new upgrade, has the option to preview a post before submitting it been lost, or have I somehow managed to lose that feature?
No: it's now the page-with-a-magnifying-glass icon at the far right-hand end of the bar above where you type the message

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Its taking me a while to work certain things out.
Nothing worked like it did pre Upgrade when posting.
Cut/paste, Bold/Underscore etc are different or is it my browser to blame. {IE}.?
I'll have another play later on RETRO March 1.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
I will ptobably need to upgrade the template as that is a third party add on and not part of the forum software.

I will do this upgrade today

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
This upgrade is now completed so any minor changes you may see now must be intentional and not a result of outdated templates.

Cheers... Steve

derekn

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Sherborne Town, Taunton Town
I notice that Sticky threads are now not physically distanced from normal threads, they've just got an icon next to them.

villan

Junior Team Star
Following your updates I am getting message I am using out dated browser & I am now being ejected from forum every few minutes. I know my IE8.1 is old but it works on most forums I use. My tablet will not let me update or download a different browser so it seems I am stuffed on here & must bid farewell.

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Following your updates I am getting message I am using out dated browser & I am now being ejected from forum every few minutes. I know my IE8.1 is old but it works on most forums I use. My tablet will not let me update or download a different browser so it seems I am stuffed on here & must bid farewell.

Also getting that message but still working at mo.

Hope you can get summat sorted Villan , we've lost far too many because of the major update don't want any more.

On IE 10.

Last edited:

prorege

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Internet Explorer is pretty much on its last legs. Microsoft have not issued new versions for some years now. People who want to use a Microsoft product should really have moved over to Microsoft Edge browser. At Steveb says, Chrome is perfectly good browser and allows you to import bookmarks etc from your previous browser.

A further issue for those who are resistant to change could be that their Operating System is obsolete. If your PC or laptop is 10+ years old or if you are using an early iPad then it might be time to consider a replacement.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I use mozilla as my browser, but I have used chrome as well in the past.
I have tried Edge but did not like it.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
You will most certainly have display issues using IE8 but I'm not sure why you would be "ejected" whatever that may mean.

The fact that you were able to post means the basic functions must still be working.

It may be time to just bite the bullet and get a modern browser and/or device with a modern operating system. You will be suprised at how different the entire internet looks and functions.

villan

Junior Team Star
You will most certainly have display issues using IE8 but I'm not sure why you would be "ejected" whatever that may mean.

The fact that you were able to post means the basic functions must still be working.

It may be time to just bite the bullet and get a modern browser and/or device with a modern operating system. You will be suprised at how different the entire internet looks and functions.
My op system will not allow me to get chrome or edge but I can use many sites without problem. On this site my tome is limited before I get message saying IE has stopped trying to connect to site & after I reconnect & it keeps repeating so I go elsewhere. Shame enjoy this site but not enough to buy a new device just for it!! Progress I suppose for some.

IAN S

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles & Kendal Town
Noticed that the little red thing that told you if you had already posted on that thread has disappeared.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
On Icons to the left of the thread, your own Icon appears as a mini if you have posted. If you hover your pointer over this, it tells you how many posts you have on the thread

Griffon

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Nuneaton Griff
Just had a new computer with large screen and it is doing my eyes in!!!

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock