Foreign Leagues still playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrev61

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None
As at March 19th the following leagues that can be watched online are still going, albeit without spectators.

Singapore Premier League (You Tube and Mycujoo) . It is unlikely that Brunei DPMM will be playing any games in the near future due to quarantine regulations. After tomorrow's match there is a break for the scheduled international matches. Whether fixtures will resume in April is anyone's guess.
Australia A-League.(BT Sport). This seems to be continuing, although Wellington Phoenix can't play any games again because of quarantine regs. NPL football seems to have been suspended after last weekend. Tomorrow's CCM match is also being shown on You Tube, not sure if this is a one-off.
Liga Premier de Nicaragua. (You Tube). Some basic grounds but usually good quality coverage, unlike Costa Rica.

There may be other leagues with no internet coverage still going.

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Think you may find of interest on who's playing or not in International Hopping section.

Theres also a story on the Wellington Phoenix v Melbourne Victory game which resulted in them both having to self isolate for 14 days and cancel 2 games each.

And as for Wellington not being able to play any games , they've moved to Australia so they can finish their league campaign.

https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/impact-coronavirus-is-having-on-world-football-whos-playing-or-not.1081/

Last edited:

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Last edited:

fatbear

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Brighton, Crawley, Oxford City, Thame United
Central Coast Mariners 1-1 Melbourne City after 4 minutes......

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Last edited:

jrev61

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None
2-4.
Jamie Maclaren hat trick.
Some of our Scottish punters and one from Leigh will know him.
Scored 9 goals for Hibs in 2018/19 season.
Despite family being 'Jam Tarts' - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-maclaren-reveals-signed-hibs-11832209

In fact made his International debut for Scotland U 19 despite being born in Australia ( his father was Scottish ) before settling down to play for Australia.

Could people not post scores please , I have videoed the match, as the kick off was too early for me. Looks like the match is worth watching even though I know the score.

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Could people not post scores please , I have videoed the match, as the kick off was too early for me. Looks like the match is worth watching even though I know the score.

Seeing as you used that magic word OK then.
Let us all know when we can mention the score then if we can't tell people scores if you haven't seen tape.

Please post when you've seen Western Sydney Wanderers v Sydney tomorrow and of course the Jets then the Glory on Monday :rolleyes:

Wish people would not start threads on topics that are being discussed elsewhere. Your input would be much appreciated there especially IF not already on there.

Last edited:

Scotty BUFC

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Boston United
If you're avoiding scores, don't come onto a football forum! Or at least don't go into the "Football in Other Countries" section.

jrev61

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None
Seeing as you used that magic word OK then.
Let us all know when we can mention the score then if we can't tell people scores if you haven't seen tape.

Please post when you've seen Western Sydney Wanderers v Sydney tomorrow and of course the Jets then the Glory on Monday :rolleyes:

Wish people would not start threads on topics that are being discussed elsewhere. Your input would be much appreciated there especially IF not already on there.
Just in case I shall watch those matches before I go on this forum, plus the W League Final.
Today's Singapore League game between Tanjong Pagor and Albirex Niigata(S) was not shown on You Tube as other games have been, but was on Mycujoo. Apparently Belarus games can be watched on Bet365, but you have to have a £5 minimum bet. Not sure if that means on each game you watch or just one bet. Presumably you can only watch live, unlike You Tube and Mycujoo.

fatbear

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Brighton, Crawley, Oxford City, Thame United
On Bet365 you just need an account with £5 deposited into it - you do not have to place any bets !

Yes, it is live streaming, no replay or delayed showings. They want you to bet whilst the match is in progress, not after it....

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Cant mention the score of the draw between Western Sydney and Sydney FC until Revitt says he's watched it .. Both goals worth watching.

SimonUpNorth

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
North West non-league
I watched the Promotion PlayOff Final in the Bhutan Super League live on MyCujoo this lunchtime... Oddly that is not the top league - promotion was earned up to the Bhutan Premier League by High Quality United - including a very high quality free kick for the equaliser... Brief internet research suggests that "High Quality" are a company brand in Bhutan

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
It was not called the Bhutan Super League when I was in the country (2017). It was then the Thimpu League. It appears that some Paro sides have been added, but it is still very regional with all (or most) games at Changlimithang.

Unless they have given up, I would still expect perenial wooden spoonists Pheuntsholing to be in the Premier League when it starts

As such, I do not think the game shown was a promotion play off, but a Championship play-off (as listed on soccerway), with several of the clubs shown going on to play in the top league

jrev61

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None
I watched the Promotion PlayOff Final in the Bhutan Super League live on MyCujoo this lunchtime... Oddly that is not the top league - promotion was earned up to the Bhutan Premier League by High Quality United - including a very high quality free kick for the equaliser... Brief internet research suggests that "High Quality" are a company brand in Bhutan
Did you have to pay $1 for this, as they seem to have started charging for matches in Bhutan and Cyprus?

SimonUpNorth

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
North West non-league
No, was using the MyCujoo app and it was all free to watch.... Just checked the Cyprus games and none since Feb are listed but when I try to watch any of them, it says not available to watch in your country... So it may have different rules around the world for leagues

Last edited:

jrev61

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None
It was not called the Bhutan Super League when I was in the country (2017). It was then the Thimpu League. It appears that some Paro sides have been added, but it is still very regional with all (or most) games at Changlimithang.

Unless they have given up, I would still expect perenial wooden spoonists Pheuntsholing to be in the Premier League when it starts

As such, I do not think the game shown was a promotion play off, but a Championship play-off (as listed on soccerway), with several of the clubs shown going on to play in the top league

The Thimphu League was a qualifying league for the Premier League, but I think it only had teams from Thimphu. It did however have all the top teams from Thimphu. The Super League only has the the 4 bottom teams from the previous years Premier League plus BFF Academy Under 17 and 2 new teams or possibly name changes. These teams do not all come from Thimphu but all games are played at the Changlimithang National Stadium. In the Premier League games were played on grounds outside of Thimphu at Paro, Phuentsholing and Ugyen Academy. If last season is any guide, Leo is right that several teams will go up.
Not sure what's happened with Phuentsholing as they should have played in the Super League, think they may have folded. A team called GOMO came into the Super League late on and played all their games in a few days. Possibly they replaced Phuentsholing. Thimphu FC folded the previous season.

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
'A' League NOW ALL OFF till further notice

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
So the Wellington team travelled to Oz, and I assume they were close to the end of their quarantine period. Do they now go back home and do another two weeks in quarantine?

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks