FAW Decision for 2020-21 Season

buckielugger

Junior Team Star
I didn't think Cymru north or south had played any fixtures at all yet?
So, is there an intention (if things can resume) to play a full half-season?
Or just play whatever is possible even if 8 or 10 games each for example?

Cherryhopper

First Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Have they considered a summer season in Wales? I'm sure it was talked about a few years ago to give their teams a better chance in Europe, and lower down the Welsh pyramid not as much competition from cricket as in England.

oftenscore6

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
FC United of Manchester, St Pauli, Hammarby, Hawthorn (AFL)
They haven't played at all yet. They were due to start in January and play each other once only but the latest lockdown prevented that. It depends on when they can resume whether even that is possible.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
They don't appear to have announced any change to their original plans of playing a full half-season, or 15 games per club. As they've also given themselves a provisional 70 day window to complete the competitions, I imagine they're still hoping to do that. "Hoping" being the operative word!

Nobber

Junior Team Sub
The proposed playing calendar for Cymru North and South to start is 20 March to 29 May. I take it thats a 3 week-run in (as before) for warm-up matches and training but this would only be viable should the Welsh Government drop to Tier 3 at their review on 27 February. Thats a very grey area at present as infection rates are down but the sticking point is hospital critical care is running at 138%.

buckielugger

Junior Team Star
Have they considered a summer season in Wales? I'm sure it was talked about a few years ago to give their teams a better chance in Europe, and lower down the Welsh pyramid not as much competition from cricket as in England.

Would suit "hoppers" too.
Then again so would absolutely anything right now

Nobber

Junior Team Sub
No update as yet following the Welsh Governments' 3 week extension announcement last friday (19 Feb).
Everything is pretty much the same until 12 March i.e. leisure centres all closed. Earlier in the season the FAW announced a 3 week “run-in” before football could start and should things still be the same that’ll mean a start on Good Friday (2 April) and a 60 day window to complete the Welsh Premier and North & South Championships.
All other football is suspended for 2020-21 season. Whether there will be inter-clubs friendlies allowed - who knows?

Swindon Addick

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Charlton Athletic, Cambridge City
Tier 1 is restarting from next week. There are fixtures showing for Saturday 6th March. This is down to the Cymru Premier and its women's equivalent being given elite status despite the lack of full-time professionals in most clubs. Both leagues will be re-starting and aiming to finish their seasons by the end of May. There's no word on the tier 2 leagues, which don't have elite status and so have to wait for a general lifting of restrictions. I wouldn't hold out much hope even of a half season if they can't start until late March.
https://www.cymrufootball.wales/news/elite-status-reinstated-cymru-premier-and-wpwl/

johnr

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
NUFC (retired)
Well Mark Dreadford has announced today the possibility of limited numbers of fans returning to sports events by the end of the year!!!

Nobber

Junior Team Sub
Glamorgan CC will be happy in that case.
I'm told football leagues have been asked on the feasabilty of starting the season earlier in case there's another lockdown mid-winter

johnr

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
NUFC (retired)
Glamorgan CC will be happy in that case.
I'm told football leagues have been asked on the feasabilty of starting the season earlier in case there's another lockdown mid-winter
Sorry he said year not season, that's along way off.

Nobber

Junior Team Sub
Sorry he said year not season, that's along way off.
I keep getting emails for Glamorgan games T20, The 100, International matches, etc to book tickets - so I mistakenly took it as a summer return! If the rates consistently go down (64:100K today) Drakeford will be under pressure shortly assuming of course he gets through the May elections unscathed

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks