Fan Led Review of Football Governance

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Leagues 1 and 2 supporters were giving evidence yesterday.

R.S.Cavendish

Youth Team Starter
We had the same thing in Wales about seven years ago.

The government committee just ignored all of our submissions in their final report.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
There are sereral reasons to be hopeful here
  1. This government thinks that it will be a popular move following the Super League debacle
  2. There are a lot of clubs in the "Red Wall" constituencies that the Tories took from Labour and don't want to give back
  3. It won't cost them anything. Few is any of the cronies are affected
  4. All the reports I have from the sessions are positive, the panel are taken fans voices seriously
Of course, the clubs are going the have their say as well, but then the FSA get a chance to rebut their arguements after which the panel makes it mind up

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
With the various organisations having submitted evidence, there is an opportunity for fans to individually add their voice via a survey. A link can be found at

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Tracey Crouch's initial findings

Among other numerous comments

"I would recommend urgent reform of the National League Board and voting structures as it is clear that a significant part of the league has no confidence in the current set up."

Attachments

• TC_letter_to_Oliver_Dowden_Accessible_Format.pdf
    195 KB · Views: 12

hamlet

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
anyone non league
Tracey Crouch's initial findings

Among other numerous comments

"I would recommend urgent reform of the National League Board and voting structures as it is clear that a significant part of the league has no confidence in the current set up."
Long overdue in my opinion,the EFL could do with a shake up also.

paulh66

First Team Star
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
The VNL has already seen the departure of its CEO, its chairman and at least two board members in the last few months.

Crouch's comments shouldn't come as any surprise to the new leadership, but they at least need to be given a chance to tackle their mandate, which the clubs recently granted them.

As for the EFL, I heard Ridsdale has just been appointed to the board. Nuff said!

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town

hamlet

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
anyone non league
The Long Read - A full 226 pages of evidence from the FSA to the review

If you want to post an opinion l supose it's best to read it,good job it's raining the weekend?? Thank you for putting it up,l would expect Club and League Officials on here will have their opinions one way or another.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Not a direct part of the review, but I would not be surprised if Nick de Marco gave evidence to the review

Attachments

• PERSPECTIVES_-_Nick_De_Marco.pdf
    147.5 KB · Views: 11
  AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks