Claret&BluePixels

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
South Shields FC

pokal02

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Barnet, Cockfosters
Presumably with no Greenwich or S Normanton, the next 2 Step 6 clubs based on 18/19 PPG would be accepted (even if they don't actually play as per the above scenario)?

oftenscore6

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
FC United of Manchester, St Pauli, Hammarby, Hawthorn (AFL)
Presumably with no Greenwich or S Normanton, the next 2 Step 6 clubs based on 18/19 PPG would be accepted (even if they don't actually play as per the above scenario)?
I'm not sure that will be the final count for those missing, I'm afraid. But 18/19 ppg was used for this year already, so doesn't seem fair to use it again. Perhaps they might reward the step 6 clubs who had already secured promotion before the voiding (if Jersey want it). Alternatively, they might even up that this season not all from the same step entered at the same time. But I think this may all be a moot point.

MiddyRed68

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
AVRO FC
I've heard there's been some communication from the FA to the leagues on this, but I can't give anything definitive. What I'd heard was the original round dates will be kept and if the game cannot be played at that point, they will share prize money but neither will progress. That will be a boost to the teams in the first round where games do start, as the round will automatically need a number of byes to readjust the numbers. Not sure what would happen if both drawn teams are able to meet a testing regime and play behind closed doors, whilst other teams in the same round cannot.

In the worst case, the FA Cup might start with the 3rd round proper in January 2021, but only Premier and Championship sides. Not sure the Vase and Trophy would follow the same inflexible dates.

I also heard the FA were reducing the prize money at all levels in all FA competitions as a result of their income deficits from Covid.
I haven't heard anything from the FA yet passed on by the leagues, but agree that they'd have to share the prize money out in someway, and what you suggest seems the best way.
I'm sure if we can go to pubs, supermarkets and do everything else, then we'll be able to get non-league football going in some form before a vaccine is created.

Ladderman

Youth Team Sub
I imagine if the Cup is smaller, so will the sponsorship. There may not be money to share out

Uncle T

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Leverstock Green FC
I think they should stay with all clubs in the FA cup. My thoughts are that we play each round with no replays and with extra time and pens, every Saturday with our league games mid week. We could easily catch up for the pro clubs in January. We at Step 5 need the FA cup money. My club reinvests the money into our ground. Ditto the Vase.

The problem with sharing the prize money if the game is not played is that then the next round is littered with some teams getting byes because they have no opposition. Who gets the prize money then?

Sparky

Junior Team Hopeful
The prize money for all FA Competitions will be reduced as the FA have to make savings of £75 million per year for the next 4 years to make up for the losses due to Covid 19.

Sparky

Junior Team Hopeful
Fact - believe all departments at the FA are having their budgets cut

forestman

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Walthamstow, Hartlepool utd, Brechin city
just a thought if the season starts first week in October, and hopefully (given the current rate of decline in virus cases) the virus will be under control by then, could the season end mid June instead of mid May, just for the one season, giving us a full normal season.

Sparky

Junior Team Hopeful
Not for the FA Cup due to the Euro finals being played in June next year

Grandad

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Slough Town, Rhostyllen, Barmouth & Dyffryn United, Cheltenham Pilgrims
Fact - believe all departments at the FA are having their budgets cut
Contradictory language, you can't say fact, and then believe...

RussWWFC

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Wycombe Wanderers
Its very unlikely that the Non League teams in Level 7 and below will take part in the FA Cup next season due to the time frame of the season. While this is very sad i believe that going forward in future years the FA will do this to make it a compact competition for clubs.

Non League clubs are going to be in serious trouble anyway. I personally think no Non-league/amateur game should take place in this country until their is a vaccine so middle of 2021-22. Its a blow and loads will go out of business but we are fighting a deadly pandemic and that is more important, then 10 blokes going to a Non League game and having beers watching amateur football.

The format for the FA CUP next season could be

160 clubs enter

44 clubs will enter (Round of 64)

The National League South/North Teams will have prelim round to whittle down to 8 from 44 (3 rounds)

National League teams will enter the 1st round
I think I'd rather take the risk of croaking it than live in a vile world like that.

I'm in the vulnerable group and have had enough already.

Ladderman

Youth Team Sub
The prize money for all FA Competitions will be reduced as the FA have to make savings of £75 million per year for the next 4 years to make up for the losses due to Covid 19.
They can save £2.7mill by scrapping the ridiculous prize money for semi and final losers

forestman

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Walthamstow, Hartlepool utd, Brechin city
could always hold semi-finals and final over to july, played over 2 successive weekends as all will be played at wembley anyway

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks