F.A. County Cup Competitions - inaccurate recording on websites

John Treleven

In researching the 12 "County" Cup competitions that Combined Counties clubs have played in this season

(Aldershot, Berks & Bucks x 2, Hampshire x 2, London, Middlesex x 3, Southern, Surrey x 2)

I have noticed that they seem incapable of accurately recording some of the scores

They are all now identikit versions distributed by the F.A. so a problem in one is a problem in all

Not one match (of over 250) has a goal scored in extra time

They are all seemingly settled over 90 minutes - no match is say 1-0 AET (0-0 at 90 minutes)

or they are settled on penalties and all 34 of those have the same score at both 90 & 120 minutes

Part-Timer

Youth Team Sub
More and more competitions are going straight to penalties if level after 90 minutes. Your best bet is to check the relevant county FA's competition rules. They are generally available on line.

John Treleven

More and more competitions are going straight to penalties if level after 90 minutes. Your best bet is to check the relevant county FA's competition rules. They are generally available on line.

A possibility but unlikely in every case.

If so they should not state "after extra time"

Tigerhawk

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Havant & Waterlooville
Hampshire Senior Cup is straight to pens

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks