Emley AFC nostalgia alert!

emley_andrew

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Emley AFC
You may have seen that we at Emley AFC are hosting a match with Manchester United Legends. We've announced the United players over the past month or so but we've now got details of the Emley squad - and it's a real trip down memory lane that I'm sure some of you will be interested in.

The managers are Gerry Quinn and his son Paul Quinn. Gerry took Emley to our first and so far only Wembley appearance in the 1988 FA Vase Final. He's joined by son Paul Quinn who has followed his dad into management - formerly at Brighouse and currently Tadcaster Albion & has also played for Emley.

Almost all the squad from the FA Vase final in 1988 will be in attendance but players Ray Dennis, Nicky Bramald and John Francis will make an appearance on the pitch.

Then there are most of the players who took the club on the famous FA Cup run to West Ham in the 3rd round FA Cup in 1998: Chris Marples, Steve Nicholson, Michael Reynolds, Mark ‘Willy’ Wilson, Glynn Hurst, Mike Thompson, Simon Jones, Dean Calcutt, Robert Tonks

Deiniol Graham - who played for Manchester United as a youngster before playing at Emley - will play for both teams (a spell in each half I'm told rather than at the same time!)

Also joining us from the turn of the millennium: Miles Thorpe, Andy Wilson, John Moore, Danny Day, Adam Muller

A finally a few more recent and current players: Josh Ingham, Steve Kenworthy, Doran Jordan, Allan Laud, Chris Prasher, Adam Lawlor, Conor Glavin, Jamie Price, Dom Riordan, Rob Bordman

For more details and to buy tickets - priced from £5 for kids and £12 adults - head to the link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/emley-afc-all-stars-v-manchester-united-legends-tickets-83141190539

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks