East Surrey Cup

Daniel_Daniel

Junior Team Hopeful
Hi all,

I have a medal,

One side it says 'East Surrey Charities Cup' on the other it says 'Senior Cup Runners Up 1967/68'

Wondered if anybody may know which team were the runners up, and if possible the winners and score.

Thanks in advance.

Ashtree RockBee

Youth Team Sub
Hi all,

I have a medal,

One side it says 'East Surrey Charities Cup' on the other it says 'Senior Cup Runners Up 1967/68'

Wondered if anybody may know which team were the runners up, and if possible the winners and score.

Thanks in advance.
Might not help, but Dulwich Hamlet were Surrey Senior Cup runners-up in 1967/8.

mitchg

Junior Team Sub
Hi all,

I have a medal,

Thanks in advance.
Not sure who was involved in that season but teams involved in the cup around that period included the likes of Redhill, Banstead, Merstham and Leatherhead

Northstandexile

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Mansfield Town
A league charity cup in the area in May 1968 was won by Lion Sports (Woking) who beat Bracknell 1-0 at Cobham,

Burger!

Junior Team Sub
Hi all,

I have a medal,

Thanks in advance.
I have a file for the 2006/7 competition, will have a dig to see what else I have when I get a moment.

The full name was East Surrey Hospitals Charity Cup.
Invites to Senior clubs also intermediate (and maybe Juniors).

The Chairman - Treasurer - Secretary were all from Redhill FC not sure if that had always been that way.
The only one I may be able to ask for info would be the then Treasurer to see if he has anything, will check to see if anyone at the club has his contact details.

Unsure what year it was last played but I have a feeling that Merstham may well have it in their trophy cabinet, may be worth contacting them to check the engraving for 1967/68 winners then backtrack from there..

06/07 Seniors
Dorking
Lingfield
Banstead
Chipstead
Merstham
Horley
Whytleafe
Redhill.

06/07 Intermediate
Lingfield res
Bletchingley
Chipstead res
Nutfield
Merstham res
Oxted
Redhill res
South park.

mitchg

Junior Team Sub
In 1968/69 season Leatherhead defeated Reigate Priory before drawing with Redhill in the final and sharing the trophy. The following season Leatherhead defeated Merstham and then lost to Redhill in the final. It those days it seems to have been a 4 or possibly 6 team tournament with Redhill (as the closest to the hospital) normally included.

old fartonian

Ball Boy / Girl
In 1968/69 season Leatherhead defeated Reigate Priory before drawing with Redhill in the final and sharing the trophy. The following season Leatherhead defeated Merstham and then lost to Redhill in the final. It those days it seems to have been a 4 or possibly 6 team tournament with Redhill (as the closest to the hospital) normally included.
One of the Semi-Finals on 3 April 1968 involved Redhill and Reigate Priory so that narrows it down a wee bit.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock