Derby Going Down?

jon b

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
A game between a home team with a desperately poor home record and an away team with a desperately poor away record. Ends up with Rotherham picking up their first away win and away clean sheet since their win at Wycombe on the opening day of the season.

Disastrous result for Derby. They need some serious money coming in pronto. Not the time for a fake sheikh.

007Dale

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
The January transfer window closes two weeks tomorrow. Better get a move on if they want to start spending all these hundreds of millions 😉

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Mel Morris said on Thursday that the funds needed to complete the take over have apparently been sent to the lawyers, who will work on the final details of the deal..

Similar stuff was coming out a couple of months ago but if there was any doubt about the the prospective new owners then surely the league would have stepped in or the club would have walked away.

007Dale

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Mel Morris said on Thursday that the funds needed to complete the take over have apparently been sent to the lawyers, who will work on the final details of the deal..

Similar stuff was coming out a couple of months ago but if there was any doubt about the the prospective new owners then surely the league would have stepped in or the club would have walked away.
I saw an article at the weekend that suggested an American group was now looking to invest in Derby. I assume this was placed to chivvy along the UAE
Group?
But if they ain’t got the money, they ain’t got the money...

007Dale

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Article on the failed takeover on the BBC sports website (sorry, don’t know how to post links).

Mostly conjecture, but the thrust of it seems to be what we always suspected - the bloke doesn’t actually have the money.

derekn

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Sherborne Town, Taunton Town
Article on the failed takeover on the BBC sports website (sorry, don’t know how to post links).

Mostly conjecture, but the thrust of it seems to be what we always suspected - the bloke doesn’t actually have the money.

Here's the link

jon b

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC

And from Thursday's "Guardian"

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Didn't the FL give clearance to the UAE consortium after confirming that the finances were in place to complete the takeover?

Whatever is going on i think its pretty safe to assume Derby (ain't) Going Down.

007Dale

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Mel Morris has finally called off the sale. The proposed buyer didn’t have any money.

007Dale

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
However, if I was a Ram, I’d be very concerned whether this distant cousin of the Man City owner actually has any money of his own.
Ah yes, the crystal ball was working in November...

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Well, that lot certainly led the club a merry dance!! Were they ever given the clearance from the FL to proceed with the purchase and if so, they must surely have provided proof of funds. The whole thing has been shambolic from start to finish but when the anger of the fans dies down they will realise how lucky they were that these charlatans didn't get their mucky mitts on the club.

007Dale

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Another sale has now been agreed. This time to ‘No Limits Sports Limited’ owned by former Sheffield Wednesday advisor Erik Alonso.

I’m not sure they’re going to be dancing in the streets of Derby over this change of ownership.

MattRam

Junior Team Star
If they keep adding UEFA competitions we may soon qualify in our present position, or bring back the Anglo-Italian Cup, those games were lively

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Show me a new owner that comes out with the list of unrealistic aims and I'll show you a clown! The level of football does not matter, it's the last thing that fans want to hear because they've heard it all before elsewhere at other clubs. Talk is cheap, so say nothing, go in and do the very best you can.

Barnsley Dave

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Barnsley, Yorkshire CCC, Non-league in general
Still not beyond the realms of possibility that Derby will be in League 1 next season but after Coventrys win at Rotherham last night the bottom 3 are being cast adrift somewhat

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
Still not beyond the realms of possibility that Derby will be in League 1 next season but after Coventrys win at Rotherham last night the bottom 3 are being cast adrift somewhat

Derby have just lost 1-2 at Blackburn, after being a goal up.

Rotherham's next game is a very winnable one at home to Birmingham City on Sunday. If Rotherham win that, the gap will be down to one point with games in hand...

1618599702344.png

windydcfc

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Derby County, England & Borussia Mönchengladbach
Derby have just lost 1-2 at Blackburn, after being a goal up.

Rotherham's next game is a very winnable one at home to Birmingham City on Sunday. If Rotherham win that, the gap will be down to one point with games in hand...

View attachment 11755
Rooney isn’t up to managing a football club. #RooneyOut

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock