Derby Going Down?

007Dale

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Sven must be available, he’s always looking for another future redundancy payment.

Rafa? You’ve got to love the optimism of the Derby fans.

I’d have thought Nigel Pearson is in the sort of bracket Derby would consider a good catch.

007Dale

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Another defeat for Derby, even Saint Wayne couldn’t save them. Heading down, down, deeper and down...

Ladderman

Reserve Team Hopeful
I may have been hooked by a tweet. Some idiots have been retweeting a 2018 tweet, when JT left the club as a player. Sorry if I posted BS on this thread
What about all the other times you've "been hooked "? It's easily done.

007Dale

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Oops they did it again.

True six pointer against Wycombe at the weekend.

GoldenMiller34

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Millwall
Derby (whose sale still hasn't gone through!) need to appoint the right man pronto.

borolad

Ball Boy / Girl
On the evidence of last night, there is something seriously wrong in that club. Rooney barely broke sweat, Lawrence and Waghorn pale imitations of last season and Marshall doing Victor Meldrew impression. Not often our team could claim that a five or six goal victory wouldn't have looked out of place, but only Rams players who should be keeping their jobs at the weekend are Marshall, Bird and Sibley. If they get beasted by Wycombe, then they are going to be in real trouble

GoldenMiller34

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Millwall
Rosenior did the after-match presser (because Rooney had played) and was highly critical of the performance. Now this afternoon it's been announced that, after discussion among the four temporary coaches, Rooney will not be named in the squad for the Wycombe game but will take the lead managrial role. Meanwhile, the sale (said to be very near completion a week ago) has still not gone through and the prospective new owners are no nearer to deciding on a new permanent gaffer and their choices may be limited by having appointed McLaren as Technical Director as some possible candidates may not want to work with the brolly wally. Wycombe are in relatively decent form so another loss may be on the cards. It was clear Morris had lost interest by his summer transfer policy and relegation is now looking more probable than possible.

borolad

Ball Boy / Girl
Even though our chairman has been at odds with his counterpart, I still have good memories of going to the old Baseball Ground many moons ago and they were always a side that would try to play the right way. Sometimes the only way to get back to the good times is to start from scratch and suffer the bad times for a while... worked with Sheff U, Leeds and even Wolves.. so ditch the overpaid underperformers, get some young, hungry, local lads in, most importantly get an experienced manager in and begin again. Rosenior talks sense and hopefully is not dragged down by this. I wish them luck, but Div. 1 is not the end of the world, it could be what the club needs to start again. Either way after Bury, Macclesfield, the Wigan fiasco and Covid, the main thing is that they are not in financial trouble and in twelve months time, will still be there (wherever there might be).

Haywain

Junior Team Star
the main thing is that they are not in financial trouble
That rather assumes the sale goes through and the buyer really does have the sort of money (and willingness to spend it) that most seem to be taking for granted. If there were no financial problems I doubt they would be up for sale.

007Dale

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Derby did at least stop the rot today by hanging on for a draw against Wycombe.

However, if I was a Ram, I’d be very concerned whether this distant cousin of the Man City owner actually has any money of his own.

jon b

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
On the bright side, looks like they might lose the record for least points in a Premier League season. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks