Covid cancellations

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
The FA has just released an update for grassroots, which underscores the travel restrictions re tier 3 areas: https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/oct/16/football-guidance-update-161020

In that release they also state they've "requested clarity from the UK Government on travel into or out of areas with ‘very high’ local COVID alert levels by clubs in Steps 3-6 of the National League System and Tiers 3-6 of the Women’s Football Pyramid for fixtures and will provide a further update as soon as possible."

Kidology

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Barnet (when in Barnet), Truro City
The FA has just released an update for grassroots, which underscores the travel restrictions re tier 3 areas: https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/oct/16/football-guidance-update-161020
Thanks for the link Paul. It strikes me that if the FA are requesting further guidance then they, rather like many on this forum, have no idea what to advise clubs in Tier 3 areas, but also that the likeliest guidance to come from the Government would be that matches should not be played, or should be played behind closed doors. It will still be fine to go into the social club outside the ground and watch the game on a live stream tho....

Linnetstowinit

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Runcorn Linnets
Arsenal
Just hope that if the government decide that travel is not allowed in/out of Very High Tier 3 areas they leave it until after the weekend or decide hopefully that travel is ok

As they can’t even get the same Very High Tier 3 guidelines in place for 2 adjoining areas every chance they will make it totally confusing anyway.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Starter
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Just hope that if the government decide that travel is not allowed in/out of Very High Tier 3 areas they leave it until after the weekend or decide hopefully that travel is ok

As they can’t even get the same Very High Tier 3 guidelines in place for 2 adjoining areas every chance they will make it totally confusing anyway.
Do they currently have an essential travel only policy placed on them? The Leicester lockdown was worse than anything imposed on Lancs or Liverpool and a total travel ban was never put in to law so i think you'll be ok

Linnetstowinit

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Runcorn Linnets
Arsenal
Do they currently have an essential travel only policy placed on them? The Leicester lockdown was worse than anything imposed on Lancs or Liverpool and a total travel ban was never put in to law so i think you'll be ok
Fingers firmly crossed.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
It strikes me that if the FA are requesting further guidance then they, rather like many on this forum, have no idea what to advise clubs in Tier 3 areas,
I'm inclined to characterise it more as normal collaboration by the FA in transcribing wide-ranging government mandates into workable football-specific mandates. That, plus a bit of belt and braces and perhaps some wishful thinking too, more in hope than expectation that NLS will somehow escape in these areas.

And although the likes of AFC Liverpool and REMYCA probably jumped the gun a bit, the fact that they did would suggest that, even if the NLS is allowed to continue in tier 3 areas, it won't be met with unanimous enthusiasm even within the NLS.

Lots of red flags here so I too am still not optimistic. Hopefully we'll find out definitively tonight. Especially as Lancashire going to into tier 3 from midnight means many more clubs will be impacted from tomorrow.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Starter
Team{s}
The Knitters.
After four confirmed positive Covid tests at Boldmere St Michaels all first team football activities have been suspended for 14 days.

Linnetstowinit

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Runcorn Linnets
Arsenal
City of Liverpool FC appear to have decided that the advice is clear enough that they are happy for Cleethorpes to travel to them tomorrow with an all-ticket capacity of 400, although the requirement to wear face masks at all times, even when outside, seems somewhat excessive.

Cleethorpes have decided not to travel to High Level Tier 3 and therefore conceded the tie.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
In that release they also state they've "requested clarity from the UK Government on travel into or out of areas with ‘very high’ local COVID alert levels by clubs in Steps 3-6 of the National League System and Tiers 3-6 of the Women’s Football Pyramid for fixtures and will provide a further update as soon as possible."
The NWCL has tonight issued a further update to this from the FA:

"We have requested clarity from the UK Government on travel into or out of areas with ‘very high’ local COVID alert levels by players in Steps 3-6 of the National League System and DCMS have confirmed, in collaboration with the FA, that player travel for these fixtures is within the guidelines.

However, we ask that spectators follow the Government guidance and do not travel into or out of ‘Very High’ Tier 3 areas."

BlackDouglas

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, The Rangers, Rochdale, QotS.
Barnet v Hartlepool in the VNL is off.

keneastlancs

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
I follow all levels of none league - I am the fixture and result secretary of the East Lancs football league.
As lancashire went into tier 3 this week it was decided by the committe of the East Lancs Football League to postpone all games this weekend. - We will be taking a week by week approach to how to progress after our chairperson and the Lancashire FA meet weekly.

Kidology

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Barnet (when in Barnet), Truro City
On Tuesday, Skelmersdale's game v Barnoldswick is off. JMO Sports Park is maintained by West Lancs Borough Council which has imposed restrictions on use of the changing facilities.

More info here

oftenscore6

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
FC United of Manchester, St Pauli, Hammarby, Hawthorn (AFL)
It appears Mossley have a positive test, their games on Tuesday at Ponte Colls; and on Saturday at home to Dunston are postponed. Their game at Kendal on Tuesday 27th will follow, I expect.

Resurrection reds

Junior Team Hopeful
Not a cancellation but no tickets for Clitheroe supporters for tomorrow nights game at Workington, due to travel restrictions from Lancashire, game goes ahead with a 400 sellout

Linnetstowinit

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Runcorn Linnets
Arsenal
Not a cancellation but no tickets for Clitheroe supporters for tomorrow nights game at Workington, due to travel restrictions from Lancashire, game goes ahead with a 400 sellout
Widnes in High Level Tier 3 tell fans not to travel to Trafford on Saturday. They don’t have many fans but think some may be ignoring advice. The travel in/out of Tier 3 is only advice.

I know of a number of Linnets fans in Tier 2 are definitely coming to the home game against Tadcaster tomorrow in our Tier 3 and fans will definitely be going to Kendal on Saturday.

It’s basically unenforceable anyway like most things this Government bring in.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks