Coupe de France 2020-21

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Sorry, I've been away most of this weekend so didn't see the post in time.
Don't worry - no problems and I've just posted the match report in where did you go

That means I have been to Preliminary, and the first three rounds - so I am even wondering if I can see games in every round, but those three mid-week ones could be a problem

Gricehead

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Rotherham United
Fourth round this weekend. 478 ties scheduled, with all but two participants defined already.

Smallest club remaining FC Givenchy-en-Gohelle (D6) face D4 US Hergnies from the neighbouring Escaut district, and might fancy their chances.

The two D5 clubs remaining from Hauts-de-France (ES Saulty and US Boubers-Conchy) face D1 and N3 opposition respectively.

8 D4 clubs remain in the competition, 2 in each of Hauts-de-France, Occitanie and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, 1 in each of Brittany and Paris-Île-de-France.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Plenty to interest me then
The highest level in at this time is National 2, tier 4

I have a Saturday night game at St. Georges sur Eure, a Regional 1 team at home to St. Pryve St Hillaire of National 2.

The lowest left in Centre VdL is Tours ASPO, D3 (tier 11), they are playing St Amanad (Regional 1, tier 6), but appear to have moved the match to a ground across the road from their normal home

Tours FC, at National 3 (tier 5) only 3 years after I saw them in Division 2 - one enforced relegation, I think. They are away to Orchaise, four divisions lower. This appears to be another changing ground for the day, in this case a 15 km difference

In Normandy, I also have a Regional 1 v National 2 game on Saturday available. This being Flers against Granville. I have seen Flers win away from home in Round 2 this season, and round 3 last year.

The other National 2 team, (I think Normandy only has the two) is FC Rouen, and they are playing at AS Canton d'Argueil (Regional 3). With the weather forecast being wet, I am inclined to miss out the long drive to this very basic ground.

Closest to home is probably in Pays-de-Loire, La Patriote Bonnétable, they are Regional 3 and playing a team from one level lower, Andrezé-Jub-Jallais. This also appears to be a different ground to their standard, although close by,

Having missed out on their Preliminary Round game, when no spectators were allowed in Sarthe, I think Clermont Creans (tier 9) may be favourite, for their game against Mulsanne Teloche. Its a fairly local game, and there was a good crowd when I saw ASMT against Cholet two seasons ago.

Gricehead

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Rotherham United
455 of 478 Round 4 results are now in. Nine National 2 teams have fallen by the wayside, and another 22 National 3 sides leave the competition as well.

Our D6 team and both D5 teams leave the competition, and we're left with a pair of D4 teams as the smallest clubs: US Hergnies in Escaut, Hauts-de-France and AS Tagarine from Côtes d’Armor , Brittany. AS Tagarine is a brand new club created this summer. There is an article about them here

In terms of upsets, 27 teams have been put out by teams from two or more divisions below. Biggest shock came in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, where AS Romagnat from D1 knocked out N3 Montluçon Football 2-0. In Paris-IDF, Régional 2 AC Houilles knocked out N2 Paris 13 Atletico on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

Gricehead

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Rotherham United
All but three of the fourth round ties are now concluded, and all fifth round draws have been made.

47 District level clubs will take part in the fifth round (compared with 66 last year). Two from D4, Two from D3, 10 (or 11) from D2 and 32 (or 33) from D1 - one outstanding result from Pays de la Loire is an all district match.

There are three all-district ties in the fifth round:
AS Brebières (11) v USM Marly (9) (18-Oct 15:00 Stade Maurice Grossemy, Brebières, HdF)
US Crèvecœur-le-Grand (10) v US Yser (9) (18-Oct 15:00 Stade Municpal, Crèvecœur-le-Grand, HdF)
US Vals Le Puy (9) v AS Dompierroise (9) (18-Oct 14:30 as yet undecided location, ARA)

The two D4 sides both face tier 6 sides (six levels above them):
US Hergnies will face Arras FA
AS Tagarine will face Lamballe FC

Gricehead

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Rotherham United
I calculate participants (clubs included in at least one draw) as 7355 this year, compared with 7046 last year - subject to very minor modification, because the published theoretical draw for Mayotte makes no sense.

Down 33 for Overseas entrants, with only Martinique showing an increase.
Up 342 for mainland entrants, with just Pays-de-la-Loire and Corsica showing a decrease.

Top increases in participation, by percentage:
Bourgogne-Franche-Comté 8.8%
Grand Est 8.3%
Nouvelle-Aquitaine 7.9%

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
There must be a serious risk of none of the overseas teams actually appearing in November and December

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
There are a few matches in Pays de Loire this coming weekend, and one at Dreux, Centre VdL on Wednesday 28.

The match in VAL DE REUIL , opposition Bolbec is shown as Reporte, originally 1-0 so I think there is a protest

Le Mee v Red Star in Paris IDF is on 25th.

Gricehead

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Rotherham United
Confirmed today that teams from Tahiti and New Caledonia will not participate in the seventh round. Two teams will be given a bye in the seventh round draw to manage this.

Decision due on 12th November about the participation of the other overseas teams in the eighth round.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Is there a protest from the Blain v Chateaubriant game?

Gricehead

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Rotherham United
Hints that the French PM might halt amateur sport as part of the latest covid restrictions. Eyes on the news at 8pm local.

Gricehead

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Rotherham United
Confirmed all amateur football (National 2 and below) including Coupe de France paused for 4 weeks.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
One of the games I had been looking at, had already been moved from the 1st to 11th November, but now it appears there will be five blank weekends, minimum as well as the loss of fixtures on the 11th November holiday

Gricehead

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Rotherham United
It will no doubt mean nothing in terms of competing in the main tournament, but history will record that one of the qualifying teams from the Mayotte sixth round was third tier side Pamandzi SC. The club have been at this level since 2008 having suffered back-to-back relegations from the top level.

They have previously made it to the 7th round, most recently in 2003/04, and were three-times winners of the Coupe de Mayotte in 2002, 2003 and 2004.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
The FFF have announced the obvious, that the dates of the 8th round and the 1/32 finals are to be changed, one assumes they will play the 6th and 7th rounds, both due during lockdown II first. [The 7th round should have been this weekend].

However, they have not announced any actual dates. I really felt they could actually say that if the lockdown allows it, the 6th round ties would be on the weekend of 12/13 December, the weekend that should have been used for the 8th round

When I look at some regional FAs, particularly Pays de la Loire, it appears that they do not think the 6th round will be played until January.

Last edited:

Gricehead

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Rotherham United
The FFF have announced the obvious, that the dates of the 8th round and the 1/32 finals are to be changed, one assumes they will play the 6th and 7th rounds, both due during lockdown II first. [The 7th round should have been this weekend].

However, they have not announced any actual dates. I really felt they could actually say that if the lockdown allows it, the 6th round ties would be on the weekend of 12/13 December, the weekend that should have been used for the 8th round

When I look at some regional FAs, particularly Pays de la Loire, it appears that they do not think the 6th round will be played until January.
Le Télégramme (here) seem to think the 6th round will be on 2/3 January, with the 7th round the following weekend. It's all rumour, though, as the FFF has only just started consultation.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I think a lot of people are expecting the current lockdown to be increased by two weeks, which would mean no football until the weekend of the 19th. If that were to happen, I don't know which leagues will use that date. Only the three top leagues, (which have not stopped anyway) are scheduled to play then

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks