Could the expunging of 19/20 at steps 3-7 now be reversed?

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
The FA Women's Football Board, having originally null and voided their season alongside the men's at steps 3-7, has now decided to allow all match stats for 19/20 to remain in place. This includes all player stats and team records for the part of the season that was played.

It looks like this decision was reached, in part, due to a need to move clubs up to fill vacancies at those levels in the women's game. Although the FA recently said it won't be moving clubs up to fill vacancies in the NLS, you'd have thought they could at least now reinstate the playing records for 19/20 in the men's game. Even though they (rightly imho) scrapped promotion and relegation, this would surely restore some level of goodwill at steps 3-7.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
The FA Women's Football Board, having originally null and voided their season alongside the men's at steps 3-7, has now decided to allow all match stats for 19/20 to remain in place. This includes all player stats and team records for the part of the season that was played.

It looks like this decision was reached, in part, due to a need to move clubs up to fill vacancies at those levels in the women's game. Although the FA recently said it won't be moving clubs up to fill vacancies in the NLS, you'd have thought they could at least now reinstate the playing records for 19/20 in the men's game. Even though they (rightly imho) scrapped promotion and relegation, this would surely restore some level of goodwill at steps 3-7.
Null and void never made any sense having played so much of 19/20 already and was in my view disrespectful of all those who had entertained us in their own way throughout the season.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I have noticed that on the FA Full time site, the records for 2019/20 have been removed, (at least on a small number of leagues I have checked).

With the season incomplete, no trophies, no ups, no downs - there is no reason not to bring back these results. This removal of results seems to have even occurred below Step 7, where decisions are taken at more local levels and some promotion and relegation has occurred.

Stattos across the country will not like the loss of this data. How many other people care?

Citamo

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Marske United, Woking, Workington, Billingham Synthonia and Stranraer.
Strikers who have had twenty goals chalked off their career record?

THDrummer1

Junior Team Star

They'll be dancing in the streets of Vauxhall Motors.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
On this site after discussions with Admins that have a major input into the Results/Tables/ Fixtures section we have decided that we will NOT be voiding the current 19/20 season results.

They will be archived just the same as a normal season at the point where they were suspended. I'm aware that Full Time has rushed out a 'void' option to replace match results and that some Leagues have already used this to delete the whole seasons match results.

On NLM we will not be following that.

Sacristan.Revenant

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Bo'ness Utd, Yeovil Town, Dynamos (Zimbabwe).

Heard this season's Non-League Directory could be published as a Ladybird book!

chienmort

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Poole Town
On this site after discussions with Admins that have a major input into the Results/Tables/ Fixtures section we have decided that we will NOT be voiding the current 19/20 season results.

They will be archived just the same as a normal season at the point where they were suspended. I'm aware that Full Time has rushed out a 'void' option to replace match results and that some Leagues have already used this to delete the whole seasons match results.

As I an in charge of Poole Town's website we have archived the season as we woud have done any other, When played, these were competitive matches and to expunge the records would rob players of apearances and goals and in our case assists too. We know that disciplinary records will not change (we also record those) so why should any other record?

In finishing, I must say that I agree with the decision not to promote and relegate. A season is finished when all clubs have played each other home and away. Mnay clubs may have already been mathematically promoted or relegated but how they played for the rest of the season cpould have changed the fate of others. Teams that win leagues ata canter ofte take their eye off the ball, losing matches they would have won earlier and how many relegated sides ahve relaxed and played out of their skins once their fate was decided.

My team would have been in the Playoffs under PPG and still had a mathematical chance of winning the league. However PPG is really only valid at the end of the season.

Keep up the good work Steve.

SotonSats

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Southend United
Southampton and Hampshire
AFC Totton

Southampton Sat FL are just declaring it finished but keeping all records of games played. By order of the FA all discipline remains so therefore must player records!!!! We are also promoting based primarily on PPG and relegating where deemed in clubs best interests. Null & Void does not mean expunged! Just Null & Void the remaining unplayed fixtures! It is easy to do on Full Time en bloc if you need help let me or your local County FA Full Time experts know!

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Just noticed on Fulltime the City of Southampton Sunday League now shows completed tables recording all unplayed matches as 0-0 draws with walkover wins awarded against teams who pulled out before the lockdown.

Scotty BUFC

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Boston United
Why don't 'assists' exist in football? It's a well known statto thing. Maybe I'm missing smth here?
All sorts of statistics exist, however assists are not officially part of any football match. Goals are...

Chris1963

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
'Assists' is an US import, invented when the Americans first started playing soccer professionally and were disappointed at the simplicity of the game and its relative lack of statistics. Like everything else in the US, it has crossed the Atlantic.

Tel

Junior Team Hopeful
Assists is a import I agree with, a player making the final pass, a superb cross etc,etc deserves some credit when his action has created a goal.

KEEP IT IN YOUR STATS.

Ladderman

Youth Team Sub
Football managed to survive for a very long time without stats such as assists and saves.
My gripe is that there's nothing (obvious) laid down as to how these "assists" are given out. In basketball there's strict criteria laid down. It's not just a case of "ooh , that's a nice pass". There's a very high percentage of assists to goals, especially considering how many are defensive mistakes.

hantslondoner

Youth Team Sub
Just noticed on Fulltime the City of Southampton Sunday League now shows completed tables recording all unplayed matches as 0-0 draws with walkover wins awarded against teams who pulled out before the lockdown.
Same goes for Meon Valley Sunday League. Can't see anything on their Twitter site about it.
The Div 1 title was therefore decided on goal difference (Cobden ahead of Wickham Dynamos, but to be fair, Cobden had games in hand which they probably would have won most of anyway) .

Rootn' Tootin'

Ball Boy / Girl
I've noticed that on the BBC in-play match webpages they have started adding "assists" below the scorers. Although this doesn't seem to have been carried forward to their results pages.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks