Coronavirus

Lord Lucan

Reserve Team Sub
None of that, of course, impacts the debate you're again trying to conflate it with. Indeed, had such lame attempts at one-upmanship been the norm back when chickenpox, measles etc first emerged, history would no doubt be very different. 😷
I am not trying to conflate it with anything. I was replying to the post I quoted, offering a different point of view on what is "key".

Never mind, keep on calling people you disagree with idiots, we know it helps you get through life.

Last edited:

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
I am not trying to conflate it with anything. I was replying to the post I quoted, offering a different point of view on what is "key".

Never mind, keep on tutting, and calling people you disagree with idiots, we know it helps you get through life.
Aaand rinse and repeat. That tutting quip really struck a chord with you didn't it. You should quit projecting, you're only kidding yourself. 🤥

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Never mind, keep on calling people you disagree with idiots, we know it helps you get through life.
Apparently I should also address your false slur here. In case you weren't aware, covidiot is a recognised term referring to people who knowingly ignore public health advice, and I use it as such. That's different to people I disagree with, who I don't refer to as idiots and who are generally just wrong. 😎

Unicorn

Youth Team Star
Do you count Leicester as the north? I get sick and tired of hearing Mayors and MP's from Sheffield, Liverpool and Manchester complaining about being under restrictions since August. Leicester has had to put up with this since March. These restrictions were forced on them with pubs, restaurants etc not being allowed to reopen on July 4th and all shops ordered to close. The city was used as lab rab for what is going on now and the financial 'rewards' were pitiful...

To think i travelled to the likes of Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield in July for a good session!! I'll be in Leicester over the next couple of weeks minus the rail fares doing the same thing. This government ain't that bad. 🥃
I dont think its something i have ever taken that seriously.
Obviously Leicester is in the East Midlands.
But to a bunch of lads drinking in a London pub its more simple.
London and parts of its neighbouring counties are the South.
Anything north of Watford is the North.
The rest of England are just places where you go on holiday.
Horribly inaccurate but there you go.

Climate Change

Reserve Team Hopeful
In my view, the key is how likely is it that someone will catch a particular virus and how deadly it is if they do. If the chances of catching a particular virus are very low and the vast majority of people who do catch it have mild symptoms, or recover from more serious symptoms, then we should just accept that viruses are a fact of life (and death) and get on with things

What is open for debate, with any virus, is what constitutes "very low" and "vast majority". Unfortunately, what passes for debate in some prominent quarters nowadays seems to be shouting about "killing your granny"
It's the over 60's that are spoiling it for everyone else. They are the ones overwhelming the NHS. Compulsory isolation and no visitors should cure it. Let the young ones carry on living a normal life..........

buncranaboy

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
It's the over 60's that are spoiling it for everyone else. They are the ones overwhelming the NHS. Compulsory isolation and no visitors should cure it. Let the young ones carry on living a normal life..........
Have you seen Logan's Run ? ;)

Hoddy1.

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
You'd never have met me with them rools.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Starter
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Bang in a postcode for certain areas on the NHS Covid 19 app and what comes up? High risk AND medium!! Great for some but highly confusing for others, and to think 17 million have signed up for this!! Tiers of clowns in charge of a joke of a system that haven't a clue...... Do your own thing folks and enjoy wherever it takes you.

Loiner

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
None
Has anyone used the NHS Covid 19 app?
No. I don't possess a smart phone;)
Had a text from NHS the other week asking me to download it, but it's not possible on a mobile that I can only use for calls and texts.

pitch 63

Youth Team Regular
I was somewhat shocked to find out on tv tonight that I live in the ward which currently has the highest number of covid cases in England - 1330 per 100,000 - and the cause - the Uni students who have their halls of residence about 80 yards from me. But they use the same shops as me, walk down the pavements in large numbers, certainly not avoiding anyone coming the other way - they don't wear masks, often not even in shops and we are only in tier 1 as the number of cases in the local authority is 232 per 100,000 and Uni students account for 58% of all cases in the local authority's area.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Starter
Team{s}
The Knitters.
I received a notification this morning saying i have come in to contact with someone who has tested positive. Ten minutes later i received another one saying 'risk accessment' has been done and i have no need to worry but just carry on with the social distancing etc.

Scotty BUFC

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Boston United
I had that last week. I assume that just means you've walked close to someone, and haven't spent 15 minutes in close contact with them.

Ronsdog

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Lowestoft Town
Crystal Palace
Each 100 cases per 100,000 of the population = 0.1% point.

This is deemed enough to lock down major parts of the nation.....in itself lockdowns destroy lives, businesses and communities. This is madness on a scale unseen before in human history.

I despair of governments that terrify their populations into acceptance of these measures.

Chris1963

Reserve Team Star
And when this pandemic is over, are we going to have national lockdowns whenever there is a bad flu year? Or a local lockdown for something trivial, such as when someone dangerous has escaped from prison? It's a slippery slope.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
It sounds like you're trying to emulate them in the terrifying stakes!

It's one of this pandemic's great ironies that those who can't or won't hack these inconveniences tend to accuse those who can and do of somehow submitting to fear. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Ronsdog

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Lowestoft Town
Crystal Palace
It sounds like you're trying to emulate them in the terrifying stakes!

It's one of this pandemic's great ironies that those who can't or won't hack these inconveniences tend to accuse those who can and do of somehow submitting to fear. Ridiculous.
Or rather , after 7 months of subservient compliance for no obvious benefit we tire of these draconian measures!

The virus will be with us for the foreseeable future, if not for ever, like the flu.

We must structure our response in more sustainable ways....lockdowns don't work they simply 'kick the can down the road' and result in more damage done to the population than the virus itself.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks