Coronavirus

SWTR256

Junior Team Sub
I've downloaded the app, seems a no brainer thing to do for those of us who have phones capable of running the app. From what I've seen on social media and websites today, clubs will still have pen and paper available for those who are unable to use the app so they can hold details for track & trace.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I may have misread the advice, but thought it allowed for an alternative T&T to be used
I was not aware of the French one, and I have yet to see a QR code for it

derekn

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Taunton Town
Was just reading that all clubs must now display the related QR code, presumably now rendering the likes of eve pass obsolete for the purposes of getting into a football ground.
If they want to continue using evepass, there's nothing to stop them. The only actual requirement is to display the NHS QR code, there's no reason to actually use it.

derekn

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Taunton Town
It's not down to county FAs to mandate the use of the NHS QR code. It's a nationwide legal requirement and the national FA has already advised leagues accordingly.
The use of the QR code isn't mandatory. All you have to do is display the code.

derekn

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Taunton Town
Just downloaded the app, and it says my postcode (which has 1 reported case in the last 10 days) is MEDIUM risk. How can you ever get to LOW? Obviously, it's been built to reinforce 'Project Fear'.

Part-Timer

Youth Team Star
The use of the QR code isn't mandatory. All you have to do is display the code.
Indeed. My comment should have been posted as a reply to Pawn Of Prophecy's comment which read:

Surrey FA have stated that from today all sports facilities in the county must display an NHS T&T QR Code. They are also required to have an offline, paper based alternative available.

It will be interesting to see if other FA's offer similar guidance.

I didn't intend to suggest that their use was mandatory, although I will be using them myself. It seems a whole lot easier than writing my details down every time and has the added bonus of not needing to make contact with a piece of paper that many others have touched.

InvictaBuck

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Telford United, Gillingham, Folkestone Invicta, Witham Town, Woking, Fisher.
Downloaded the NHS Covid-19 app this morning. Are others doing the same?
No choice it seems, as many establishments have had to ditch the other apps and QR codes in favour of this rather creepy spying one that turns on your Bluetooth and wastes even more of your phone battery :rolleyes:

derekn

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Taunton Town
No choice it seems, as many establishments have had to ditch the other apps and QR codes in favour of this rather creepy spying one that turns on your Bluetooth and wastes even more of your phone battery :rolleyes:
Not true. It is only compulsory to display the QR code. You can continue to use any other tracking method you want to, including paper.

paulh66

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Clubs aren't going to use other QR code systems now that they're facilitating the NHS one, there no point. The likes of even pass will effectively be obsolete for the purposes of getting into football grounds. Pen and paper will likely be the only alternative in use.

derekn

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Taunton Town
All depends on whether anyone wants to download the Serco app, with its many bugs. At least evepass doesn't claim to do anything other than record your attendance.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Starter
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Maybe European countries could make life a hell of alot easier for this government by simply banning all UK citizens entry. What the hell gives them the right to have people put in quarentine for a couple of weeks after returning from the likes of Denmark. Figures i grant you are on the rise but they are all over the euro mainland. We are in no position to act as judge and jury with the figures we currently have.

Mr. T

Youth Team Starter
From today's newspapers:

SIR – When my wife developed symptoms of Covid-19, I isolated her in my attic in compliance with Government rules. After some days, she became deranged from boredom, and set fire to the house.

Who is going to pay for the damage?

Edward Rochester
Thornfield Hall
Derbyshire

Northstandexile

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Mansfield Town
From today's newspapers:

SIR – When my wife developed symptoms of Covid-19, I isolated her in my attic in compliance with Government rules. After some days, she became deranged from boredom, and set fire to the house.

Who is going to pay for the damage?

Edward Rochester
Thornfield Hall
Derbyshire
fake news, don’t believe everything you read in the newspapers.

Mr. T

Youth Team Starter
Your reply would have worked as a joke if you hadn't included the Wiki link...

Pawn Of Prophecy

Youth Team Sub
Can the great assembled minds on this forum answer a question for me, as I am a computer illiterate.

If the new SERCO/NHS Covid 19 App tells you to self isolate, is this mandatory or advisory ? I seem to have read different articles which state that both are true, which cannot be right.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Starter
Team{s}
The Knitters.
I believe that as of yesterday you are required to self isolate for 14 days. It is illegal not to do so and can lead to a 10k fine

Barnsley Dave

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Barnsley, Yorkshire CCC, Non-league in general
In these 'woke' times isn't the word mandatory sexist. Surely it should be persondatory ;)

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks