Coronavirus

Isaac Hunt

Junior Team Star
Whether? What do you think?
Isn't this getting a bit boring now? The fact is Durham police aren't interested...... on the other hand Labour MPs Tahir Ali was strongly criticised by West Midlands police yet no calls for him to step down..... strange that.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Isn't this getting a bit boring now? The fact is Durham police aren't interested...... on the other hand Labour MPs Tahir Ali was strongly criticised by West Midlands police yet no calls for him to step down..... strange that.
Questions avoided. As usual.
Who did you expect to "call for" Tahir Ali to step down ?

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Massive queues at newly reopened Ikea's and McDonalds Drive-thru's while Drive-in coronavirus test centre's are deserted 😱.

Isaac Hunt

Junior Team Star
Questions avoided. As usual.
Who did you expect to "call for" Tahir Ali to step down ?
I haven't avoided any question....... just pointing out Durham police's findings. I would have thought the same people who have called for Dominic Cummings head would have been calling for Tahir Ali to step down.

Isaac Hunt

Junior Team Star
Massive queues at newly reopened Ikea's and McDonalds Drive-thru's while Drive-in coronavirus test centre's are deserted 😱.
A drive in test centre in Maidstone closed a while back due to lack of usage....... which is presumably a good thing?

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
People h
A drive in test centre in Maidstone closed a while back due to lack of usage....... which is presumably a good thing?
I drove past the Covid 19 test centre at Netherdale in Galashiels 3 times during lockdown.....not a single person there.
Then again the guidelines were to only book an appointment if you displayed any symptoms.
There was always going to be a greater capacity than take up unless we never got on top of the transmission rates.
I guess the lockdown must have been effective.

Steveb

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
I haven't avoided any question....... just pointing out Durham police's findings. I would have thought the same people who have called for Dominic Cummings head would have been calling for Tahir Ali to step down.
He attended a funeral, he apologised, and in any case he wasn‘t an architect of the rules we‘re supposed to follow. Why should he step down?

Lord Lucan

Youth Team Regular
I drove past the Covid 19 test centre at Netherdale in Galashiels 3 times during lockdown.....not a single person there.
Then again the guidelines were to only book an appointment if you displayed any symptoms.
I thought that if you displayed symptoms in Scotland you were supposed to "Stay at home" not go driving around the country.

Isaac Hunt

Junior Team Star
He attended a funeral, he apologised, and in any case he wasn‘t an architect of the rules we‘re supposed to follow. Why should he step down?
Whether he is an architect of the rules is irrelevant........ he broke them and Dominic Cummings didn't...... police decision.

Steveb

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
Whether he is an architect of the rules is irrelevant........ he broke them and Dominic Cummings didn't...... police decision.
Not quite right ... police decided he might have breached the rules. It’s not for the police to determine whether he did as that’d be for the courts, and the law hasn’t yet been tested in courts. It won’t be tested on this occasion as the police aren’t taking any further action.

Climate Change

Youth Team Star
Schools in Wales will return on 29 June and term is being extended until 27 July.
Parents who choose not to send their children to school will not be fined and children who fall into the shielding category will carry on with online learning.

Isaac Hunt

Junior Team Star
Not quite right ... police decided he might have breached the rules. It’s not for the police to determine whether he did as that’d be for the courts, and the law hasn’t yet been tested in courts. It won’t be tested on this occasion as the police aren’t taking any further action.
Yes he might have breached the rules, and the rules can't cover every sequence of events but Tahir Ali most certainly did break the rules and the police were very critical of him for doing so.

Last edited:

bakis

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Kidderminster Harriers
Schools in Wales will return on 29 June and term is being extended until 27 July.
Parents who choose not to send their children to school will not be fined and children who fall into the shielding category will carry on with online learning.
Wales is also having a two week Scottish type break in the autumn. Perhaps this could become a permanent arrangement so that the autumn term is less of an endurance test?

Unicorn

Youth Team Sub
No why do you think that.
This is based on personal dislike. Its not political. Its not really about what he did.
If you make enemies Labour and Tory and you step even slightly out of line the knives are out.

Isaac Hunt

Junior Team Star
No why do you think that.
This is based on personal dislike. Its not political. Its not really about what he did.
If you make enemies Labour and Tory and you step even slightly out of line the knives are out.
I've just pointed out the facts.

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
I thought that if you displayed symptoms in Scotland you were supposed to "Stay at home" not go driving around the country.
Yes , you may well be right. Tbh we're that close to the English border I just take whichever rules best suit.....ONLY JOKING....(not!)

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks