Coronavirus

prorege

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
The Scottish Government have published their 4 phase plan for releasing the current lockdown. File attached.

It is a fascinating document and sets out clearly the criteria that require to be met for specific relaxations.

Onthe basis of this I would say even non league football in front of paying customers will come only in Phase 4.

Attachments

Chris1963

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
Supposing there's a scenario where football in England restarts while it is still suspended in Scotland?
Nicola Sturgeon will then lose whatever support she has from football fans in her country.

Climate Change

Youth Team Regular
Supposing there's a scenario where football in England restarts while it is still suspended in Scotland?
Nicola Sturgeon will then lose whatever support she has from football fans in her country.
Why?

prorege

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Nobody is in any hurry to restart football with spectators, Most people see the bigger picture and accept that sacrificing football is a small price to pay.

ETA In fact, anything which distances her from the shower of incompetents In government at Westminster will only increase her popularity.

Kirby Knitters

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Anyone know The Pendulum in Wolverhampton? It had its licence revoked for serving booze in defiance of the lockdown measures.

A WMP spokesman said allowing the manager to continue would be "like leaving Ronnie Biggs in charge of Network Rail" 😀

pokal02

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Barnet, Cockfosters
It would be OK in Phase 3, I think (non-league would be able to stage 'events with limited numbers and social distancing')?

Ronsdog

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Lowestoft Town
Crystal Palace
The inevitable Public Enquiry will establish what directions came from the Department of Health as to the desperate urgency of clearing space in hospital wards to avoid the chaos witnessed in hospitals in Italy.

There'll be plenty of medics, managers and public health advisers making damn sure they have the evidence to point the finger of blame at where decisions were taken and strategy was determined.

I'll wish you luck in trying to absolve ministers and civil servants from responsibility.
Having just watched an interview with Enders Tegnell , the Swedish epidemiologist and architect of that nations response to Covid19 I am even more convinced, as I first alluded to in post #562, that their liberal approach to the pandemic will prove to be the more broadly successful long term policy.

By contrast our, and our close European neighbours authoritarian approach is failing miserably.
Politicians, civil servants and Scientific experts are collectively responsible for the fear that their mixed messages have engendered in the lockdown process. The policy we have adopted is wrong, comparatively, on so many levels.

The message of fear is so ingrained in the collective mindset that 40% of UKs population remain frightened to leave their homes. Source BBC.

Furthermore the nations children have had to endure an entirely unnecessary interruption to their academic and social education which will have lasting effects on them far beyond the current crisis.

The economic damage which we have inflicted upon ourselves will take decades to recover from and its effects will harm both the physical and mental health of the general population far more than the pandemic itself.

I don't expect many to share this view; but such powerful government propaganda aided by 'best guess' Health and Scientific professional views, has been swallowed wholly by the population and we have meekly surrendered our rights and liberties for what real tangible benefit?

Judge for yourself....https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000jcwd/hardtalk-anders-tegnell-state-epidemiologist-of-sweden

jon b

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
Having just watched an interview with Enders Tegnell , the Swedish epidemiologist and architect of that nations response to Covid19 I am even more convinced, as I first alluded to in post #562, that their liberal approach to the pandemic will prove to be the more broadly successful long term policy.

I don't expect many to share this view; but such powerful government propaganda aided by 'best guess' Health and Scientific professional views, has been swallowed wholly by the population and we have meekly surrendered our rights and liberties for what real tangible benefit?

Judge for yourself....

I watched the interview the other night and it was certainly "hard talk" as Stephen Sackur was posing Tegnell some very tough questions.

It'll only be in the long term that we know which approach worked best. At the moment I'd have thought the examples of Denmark, South Korea and Hong Kong may be more painful to us when we assess how well or badly we handled the crisis

For me, it looks as though we went into this crisis woefully unprepared and then reacted far too slowly to it. The lack of any action in February seems almost criminally negligent.

I think it's a bit over the top to talk about "powerful government propaganda" but I certainly think we should see all the un-redacted advice from SAGE.

Lord Lucan

Youth Team Sub
The propaganda has certainly been swallowed by much of the population (including on here) but not by the whole of the population (again including on here) - inded there are already legal challenges in train.

As was said in the interview, which approach(es) worked best will only become clearer in the longer term. I doubt an absolute 'best' policy will be determined, due to differeing demographics and cultures in different countries, but it should be possible to assess which countries get through better than others.

jon b

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
The propaganda has certainly been swallowed by much of the population (including on here) but not by the whole of the population (again including on here) - inded there are already legal challenges in train.

As was said in the interview, which approach(es) worked best will only become clearer in the longer term. I doubt an absolute 'best' policy will be determined, due to differeing demographics and cultures in different countries, but it should be possible to assess which countries get through better than others.
I think it's a bit harsh to describe it as propaganda. Presumably the government sees it as setting out the reasoning behind the lockdown.

We'll get chance in due course at the ballot box to hold them to account for their actions

Mr Dolan seems to have a problem with legislation/measures approved/passed by the democratically elected House of Commons.

Lord Lucan

Youth Team Sub
Mr Dolan seems to have a problem with legislation/measures approved/passed by the democratically elected House of Commons.
Quite. He is claiming the legislation/measures were introduced unlawfully. We will see whether the High Court agrees that the case should proceed to judicial review.

Mr. T

Junior Team Star
None of this cabinet have been appointed because of their ability. They were appointed based on their loyalty to Johnson/Cummings and to Brexit.
Half of the Cabinet voted Remain in 2016.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks