Coronavirus

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
Some reports stating from the mayor of Bergamo that the virus was spread further following the Atlanta v Seville, Champions League match in Milan . No-one in Italy had died by then and think first death was 2 days after the game. Most Italian fatalities are from Bergamo.
No one dies 2 days after contact with a carrier...Stop spreading fear and lies....You've got previous for that.

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
Oh my.

That could be a game changer.

I wonder how many people could get it as a result of being at the festival.
Probably not that many.
Probably no way of being certain that's where it was contracted.
It's a virus not a trauma injury.
Probably not helpful making wild guesses .
Best to follow the science.

PaulC

Reserve Team Hopeful
No one dies 2 days after contact with a carrier...Stop spreading fear and lies....You've got previous for that.
Oh dear. If the first death occurred 2 days after the match it is fair to assume there were many infected people at the match.

PaulC

Reserve Team Hopeful
Obviously hope Prince Charles makes a full recovery but does anyone know what type of work he is doing from home?
The Charles timeline

10 March Charles at same event as Albert
12 March Charles meets Elizabeth
19 March Albert tests positive
21 March Scottish government urges people not to go to the Highlands
22 March Charles goes to the Highlands
25 March Charles tests positive.

TowlawTom

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
FBPE United
I obviously disagree with you but apologies if I caused any offence. Not my intention to you or anyone else. I am not lying about this. It's out there on the web!
Its a plausible reason and I wasn't siding with the mayor of Bergamos POV

Last edited:

TowlawTom

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
FBPE United
Oh dear. If the first death occurred 2 days after the match it is fair to assume there were many infected people at the match.
There has to be a explanation as to why so may deaths have occurred in Bergamo and surely cant be coincidental.
Ironically Italy was one of the first countries to ban flights from China & looks what happened.

PaulC

Reserve Team Hopeful
There has to be a explanation as to why so may deaths have occurred in Bergamo and surely cant be coincidental.
Ironically Italy was one of the first countries to ban flights from China & looks what happened.
40,000 Bergamschi travelling to Milan and countless thousands gathering together in bars throughout Lombardy, all celebrating a win in Atalanta’s biggest ever match was a perfect recipe for spreading the virus.

There is a lot of discussion about the ‘viral load’ at the moment. If 40 people share a 2+ hour return bus journey with an infected person or share a bar with one many are going to get a substantial viral load which can overwhelm your immune system. If you pick up a bit of the virus from someone passing 2 metres from you, you might well be OK - the viral load might not reach a critical mass ... and you might develop antibodies as a bonus.

Last edited:

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes, that part of Italy , as well as the neighbouring districts are home to majority of Italy's 320,000 ethnic Chinese.
A large number of these originate from the Wuhan area.
Many of them had just returned from there having gone back to China to celebrate the Chinese New Year with their family, as is the tradition.
That is your coincidence.
Uncomfortable truth but far more relevant than one football match.

Climate Change

Youth Team Star
Yes, that part of Italy , as well as the neighbouring districts are home to majority of Italy's 320,000 ethnic Chinese.
Many of them had just returned from there having gone back to China to celebrate the Chinese New Year with their family, as is the tradition.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I think the infection at this game was probably from Italy to Spain, and within Italy. I cannot argue with Yatesman's assertion about the Chinese communities in Italy, but if people had the virus unknowingly, then they would spread it both within the Italian community and into those travelling from Spain

In a role reversal, China is now to ban foreigners, even those with valid visas (and in many case resident visas) from entering China

TowlawTom

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
FBPE United
However Italy banned flights to and from China at the end of January. One of the first countries in the world to do so. The Chinese Italian community would not have been able to celebrate their new year in Wuhan unless they flew in and out from another Country.

Yatesman

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Yate Town FC
Tottenham Hotspur
However Italy banned flights to and from China at the end of January. One of the first countries in the world to do so. The Chinese Italian community would not have been able to celebrate their new year in Wuhan unless they flew in and out from another Country.
And that is literally what is happening.
They transit to and from Italy through Finland or Russia.
There have been Chinese business people and even some tourists doing that throughout this whole crisis...........Yes. shocking. I agree!

Stoodley Pike

Youth Team Star
Richard Horton, editor-in-chief of The Lancet, closed Question Time this evening by warning of a second wave of infections later in the year and, in all likelihood, a third after that.

Meantime, ITV2 is showing the film Contagion...

Last edited:

jrev61

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
None
Some reports stating from the mayor of Bergamo that the virus was spread further following the Atlanta v Seville, Champions League match in Milan . No-one in Italy had died by then and think first death was 2 days after the game. Most Italian fatalities are from Bergamo.
The match was played I at the San Siro in Milan.

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
It was Valencia, not Sevilla, who Atalanta played and beat 4-1 which meant a lot of hugging and kissing between fans after each goal they scored. This match is now being dubbed as 'Game Zero'.

Scotty BUFC

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Boston United
The match was played I at the San Siro in Milan.
The post you quoted says it was in Milan. However, you'd expect the Atalanta fans to be from the Bergamo area, and travelled the short distance to Milan and back.

jimmythecuckoo

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Weymouth
Yaxley
The prime minster has now tested positive.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks