Coronavirus

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
My name was entered on the card when I registered at reception :) . The nurse who administered the jab then recorded the other details.
I won't be travelling too far for a while and certainly not abroad as my last passport expired in 2010.
My card was blank where it said name at the top, I can add now but only in by writing it in which I assume your receptionist did for you.
Hardly proof of actually having jab.

If / when we have a Covid Passport I would not expect any of it to be hand written.
DOB / National Health Number / Name should be printed on it with all relevant details of jabs.

Last edited:

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
I absolutely hate censorship in a discussion but I have stopped a couple of forum mermbers from adding to this thread.

I am not going to give airtime to people who believe that covid is just flu by another name, that deaths have been inflated and it's all a leftie conspiracy to increase state intervention.

It's totally disrespectful to the thousands of people that have lost loved ones during this pandemic.

I would suggest these people tune in to Channel Fives Jeremy Vine Show when Carole Malone is 'featured' where I am sure they will get a warm reception when they phone in

Well done Steve.
Did these people not read Karb's post #2278 about his sister shockingly passing within a week, and Dave56's #2271 about one of his medication-delivery customers left widowed and bewildered, both on page 114 of this thread. Very moving, both.
To belittle the seriousness of this disease is shamefully disrespectful to those it has taken from us.

jon b

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
I would have thought one fairly obvious way of confirming the seriousness of the danger from Covid 19 as opposed to the flu is the way that NHS resources have been sucked away from other treatment areas to cope with the Pandemic. That's certainly what's happened with my son and his colleagues. Coupled with the extreme levels of fatigue of NHS staff involved.

Without lockdowns, mask wearing, social distancing etc the pressures on the Health Service would have been frightening.

Although there have been serious mistakes made in the handling of the crisis by Johnson and co, there's no denying that the development of the vaccines and their fast roll out has been a spectacular success which has given us light at the end of the tunnel.

I was summoned for the Astra Zeneca jab last Wednesday. All very fast and efficient. I'd opted for first thing in the morning and then at lunchtime we had a text offering my wife a jab that afternoon. It all got a bit hectic as the offer required use of an activation code sent to her email address, the problem being that due to health problems she never uses email etc and all our devices default to my email address. Unfortunately, we didn't have a five year old around to show us how to do it. But eventually we managed it.

The only very minor down side was that side effects of the jab, headache and feeling sick, knocked me off my feet for 24 hours. But, when contrasted with the huge benefit from having had the jab, it was a trivial issue.

MattRam

Junior Team Star
Well personally I find it perfectly reasonable to question the figures we are presented by politicians and the media because as normal they are often presented with a political bias that is far from what the figures do, or often don't prove, only indicate.
Delve into any of the figures and you will probably find whatever answer you want, there are so many factors and unknowns.
There seems little doubt that covid is a very serious virus ( as flu can be) especially to, but not exclusively, people with comorbidities.
With masks, personally I find it no problem to wear one whatever it's merits.
I lost 3 people in May 'with covid', father, father in law and neighbour.
I'm not a doctor but knew their preexisting conditions and feel at worst covid hastened things, none went to hospital with covid so I understand both people who question the figures and those that take exception to them questioning it.
As someone whose career has been mainly in science and trend analysis scepticism of perceived 'truths' is vital to progress and understanding and blindly accepting one narrative and blanking, silencing any opposing views concerning, but that does seem to be an increasing trend.

Barnsley Dave

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Barnsley, Yorkshire CCC, Non-league in general
Scotland must be making good progress - I got my blue envelope jab appointment today, and I'm only 56.
I actually told my work on Friday that I've had enough and want to take early retirement, so perhaps they straightaway told the NHS, who therefore think I must be over 65 !

Am still very nervous about that appointment ironically forcing me into going to a place full of other people, all of them potential lurgy carriers, when I've spent so many months fastidiously avoiding crowds.
And it's next door to the vets', so I'd better make sure that I go in the correct door, else I could end up getting the 'putting me to sleep' jab!
Phil, my missis had the same fears before she went for her jab but they were unfounded. At Hanwell they checked your temperature before you were allowed in and then sat us away from others in there, all of whom were masked
After they'd checked her details they showed her who was doing the jab for her in another part of the church hall. One of the helpers wiped the chairs we'd been on so all sanitised correctly.
I had my jab last Saturday and they followed the same procedure. The benefits far outweigh any risk in my humble opinion
Good luck with it
Just to add my missis had no ill effects at all but me being a man I had an achy arm:)

The vulture

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
Any reason why I cannot reply to or "like" Kidology's post?
More censorship?

The vulture

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
Any reason why Kidology's perfectly reasonable post disappeared just a few minutes after it was posted?

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Any reason why Kidology's perfectly reasonable post disappeared just a few minutes after it was posted?
All I can say is it shows as deleted by Kidology.

Climate Change

Reserve Team Sub
I’m guessing you’re among the, thankfully small, minority of idiots who still refuse to wear face coverings, keep their distance from others, or basically do anything that might reduce their chances of harming other people.

My sons mother in law was one of those......they buried her yesterday.

Last edited:

Cowden Andy

Youth Team Star
Scotland must be making good progress - I got my blue envelope jab appointment today, and I'm only 56.
I actually told my work on Friday that I've had enough and want to take early retirement, so perhaps they straightaway told the NHS, who therefore think I must be over 65 !

Am still very nervous about that appointment ironically forcing me into going to a place full of other people, all of them potential lurgy carriers, when I've spent so many months fastidiously avoiding crowds.
And it's next door to the vets', so I'd better make sure that I go in the correct door, else I could end up getting the 'putting me to sleep' jab!
I’m two years younger than you and got the blue envelope yesterday.
My appointment in next Saturday at 7.30 pm.
A strange time but it shows that they are trying to get through people as quick as possible.
I wish I could retire at 56 maybe if my lottery numbers come up.

MattRam

Junior Team Star
Italy, with EU Commission backing block 250000 vaccine doses to Australia.
They don't want them, just you can't have them because protecting the EU's mantra of unity is our strength is more important.
Their big trading block will look very small if they carry on like this, despicable

buncranaboy

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
They don't want them
Erm, I think that observation is more than a tad disingenuous but if it fits your mantra......🤔

MattRam

Junior Team Star
Erm, I think that observation is more than a tad disingenuous but if it fits your mantra......🤔
To be fair was 50/50 Brexit vote morning. I did vote Brexit, with reservations, like many would like a common market type model not a federate Europe.
The unelected Eurocrats have behaved badly, as have Macron and Merkel and I think have damaged their reputation within and without Europe. I don't back down from saying they have put their own political ideology above that of the people they supposedly represent.
Disingenuous is exactly what Macron was with his quasi comment because Sanofi haven't delivered yet.

Canary fan

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Norwich City
They don't want them, just you can't have them because protecting the EU's mantra of unity is our strength is more important.
Their big trading block will look very small if they carry on like this, despicable

I’m sure the UK press would be more than happy if the UK shipped out vaccines to another country before distributing them domestically.

MattRam

Junior Team Star
No, but perhaps would be fair to criticise if we blocked an agreed export to another country
Don't compare apples with oranges

Canary fan

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Norwich City
No, but perhaps would be fair to criticise if we blocked an agreed export to another country
Don't compare apples with oranges
It was you who claimed ‘they don’t want them’ when it appears that Italy does.

MattRam

Junior Team Star
It was you who claimed ‘they don’t want them’ when it appears that Italy does.
Ok didn't approve them initially for over 65s in some countries, now some are, but rash comments, in Macron case falsehoods have left the majority of doses sitting in fridges but still they took drastic, draconian, illegal? actions to prevent a company fulfilling their orders.
I fully see the stance that the EU and nation states erred on the side of caution (due to lack of evidence) compared to the UK and maybe it's pure serendipity that the UK choice on AZ and 12 week gap seems a good gamble, but Macron again and others have made statements that are blatantly untrue, by any scientific analysis. It's hard not see that as petty politicking, blame shifting, pettiness, rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic whatever

Last edited:

007Dale

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Unfortunately, the good people of continental Europe are the ones that will suffer from their politicians bad decisions.

The huge error of vaccine procurement has been compounded by an almost spiteful desire to trash the Oxford AZ vaccine - as justification for their procurement failure.

Now, with each day that passes, another EU member backtracks. The AZ vaccine is now OK for over 65’s, as is a gap of 12 weeks between doses. But the damage is done - Europe has piles of unused AZ vaccine, because of their propaganda, people of Europe will need convincing to take it.

Many member countries have now stuck two fingers up to the EU and started procuring their own vaccines from Russia and China.

Meanwhile, as the UK unlocks, off the back of a hugely successful vaccine rollout, the virus rages through Europe again, potentially creating a 4th wave for them to contend with. But it’s not the politicians across Europe’s Government’s or in Brussels that suffer, but the general population, with more financial hardship of lockdowns and of course, more deaths.

In the UK, we can only have sympathy for our friends across the channel and have disappointment that the consequences are likely to mean a ‘staycation’ summer, with travel across the mainland certain to remain restricted.

Will the politicians in Europe pay the price for this sequence of failures? Who knows, but probably not. There are a few upcoming elections this Spring which might yield a comeuppance - but I wouldn’t bet money on it.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks