confused ESL

forestman

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Walthamstow, Hartlepool utd, Brechin city
The ESL website constitution shows 20 clubs for season 20/21 with the inclusion of FC Clacton transferred from the ECLP. But in todays NLP constitution shows only 18 clubs with FC Clacton still in ECLP and Tower Hamlets moved to the SSLP which is the correct constitution, the official league site or the NLP which i assume got constitution from the FA's league management group?

forestman

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Walthamstow, Hartlepool utd, Brechin city
Many thanks i missed the ESL update

SuperKev!

Junior Team Regular
Tower Hamlets have just tweeted that they are not moving from Mile End Stadium and describe this as a “baseless rumour”.

It can’t be that baseless if the FA have laterally moved to club to a Kent based league (SCEFL) due to a groundshare with a Kent based club (Phoenix Sports).

They even played their first friendly on Saturday against Phoenix Sports, a club they described as “looking forward to working with”!

Maybe it’s a rogue tweet?

Bigaitch

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
None in particular
Tower Hamlets have just tweeted that they are not moving from Mile End Stadium and describe this as a “baseless rumour”.

It can’t be that baseless if the FA have laterally moved to club to a Kent based league (SCEFL) due to a groundshare with a Kent based club (Phoenix Sports).

They even played their first friendly on Saturday against Phoenix Sports, a club they described as “looking forward to working with”!

Maybe it’s a rogue tweet?

I think they actually mean their main ‘Hub’ will be at Mile End Stadium, however first team games will be played at Phoenix.

Unicorn

Youth Team Star
I think they actually mean their main ‘Hub’ will be at Mile End Stadium, however first team games will be played at Phoenix.
The FA stated that they were playing at Phoenix on a years grace.
So sounds like for some reason that can't play at Mile End Stadium for one season.

SuperKev!

Junior Team Regular
The FA stated that they were playing at Phoenix on a years grace.
So sounds like for some reason that can't play at Mile End Stadium for one season.
But Sporting Bengal United can?

I would hardly describe Mile End Stadium as the club’s hub. The Council own it, a sub-contracted company manage it and Tower Hamlets are just a joint tenant along with Sporting Bengal.

Bigaitch

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
None in particular

I would hardly describe Mile End Stadium as the club’s hub. The Council own it, a sub-contracted company manage it and Tower Hamlets are just a joint tenant along with Sporting Bengal.
By that I meant their Reserves / Youth teams etc and training...

SuperKev!

Junior Team Regular
By that I meant their Reserves / Youth teams etc and training...
The reserves generally use a 3G pitch - either Mabley Green or Stepney Green, can’t remember which. The only youth team matches at Mile End are FA Youth Cup ties.

Unicorn

Youth Team Star

The club say they are expanding . Dont know what that means.
They say they will make as statement explaining it all.
Interesting.

SuperKev!

Junior Team Regular
I called an Essex Senior League Meeting some 6-7 years ago specifically to discuss expelling Tower Hamlets from the League. They told the meeting they were expanding that evening too! Most of the clubs bought their argument and they stayed in the League.

Unicorn

Youth Team Star
I called an Essex Senior League Meeting some 6-7 years ago specifically to discuss expelling Tower Hamlets from the League. They told the meeting they were expanding that evening too! Most of the clubs bought their argument and they stayed in the League.
Even more interesting.

rebus

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Wroxham, Barnet
The ESL website constitution shows 20 clubs for season 20/21 with the inclusion of FC Clacton transferred from the ECLP. But in todays NLP constitution shows only 18 clubs with FC Clacton still in ECLP and Tower Hamlets moved to the SSLP which is the correct constitution, the official league site or the NLP which i assume got constitution from the FA's league management group?
The ECL has released Premier Division fixtures for September with the addendum:

“Please note that all of FC Clacton fixtures are subject to confirmation“

mxhornet

Youth Team Star
The ECL has released Premier Division fixtures for September with the addendum:

“Please note that all of FC Clacton fixtures are subject to confirmation“
And today this

"Please note that AFC Sudbury Reserves have been included in both First Division North and First Division South until an FA decision is made on which division they will be allocated to."

Unicorn

Youth Team Star
And today this

"Please note that AFC Sudbury Reserves have been included in both First Division North and First Division South until an FA decision is made on which division they will be allocated to."
I guess that we just do not understand how difficult it is to make these momentous decisions.
The burden placed on the FA must be unbearable.

paulh66

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
And today this

Presumably a potential knock on effect of something else in the works at the moment.

Pure speculation on my part but I wonder if it's connected to Fire United in any way. A recent post on here suggested they'd left the MacMillan Stadium, destination unknown, which might put a question mark over their participation next season. In which case moving Sudbury to the South would level the numbers. The fact that the provisional opening fixture in the South happens to be Fire v Sudbury may not be coincidence.

Oh I do love a good conspiracy theory over a lunchtime cuppa!

Unicorn

Youth Team Star
Presumably a potential knock on effect of something else in the works at the moment.

Pure speculation on my part but I wonder if it's connected to Fire United in any way. A recent post on here suggested they'd left the MacMillan Stadium, destination unknown, which might put a question mark over their participation next season. In which case moving Sudbury to the South would level the numbers. The fact that the provisional opening fixture in the South happens to be Fire v Sudbury may not be coincidence.

Oh I do love a good conspiracy theory over a lunchtime cuppa!
Well spotted. The plot thickens. How do you do it Holmes.;)

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks