Clubs worried about being fined

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
From looking at social media this evening it seems some people still don't grasp that DCMS guidance is for grassroots sport as a whole, the basis around which the individual sporting bodies such as the FA (in consultation with DCMS) then craft more detailed guidance for their particular sport. Not understanding that relationship seems to be causing some of the confusion, including a mistaken (for now!) perception that spectators at grassroots football are only allowed if it takes place in public places, until at least May 17.

However, there is certainly scope within the wording used in today's DCMS guidance for the FA to not only immediately lift the ban on spectators at grassroots football in public places - which it will surely do - but also, as @johnr and @London Harrier have already observed upthread, to allow spectators at grassroots football on private land from April 12. Put another way, the wording doesn't specifically preclude spectators on private land from April 12. A reminder of what it does say:
image.jpeg
As mentioned earlier, the key will be whether grassroots football is deemed (by the FA in consultation with DCMS) as "intended to attract spectators" or "likely to attract a significant number of spectators", either of which would mean waiting until at least May 17.

Again, we'll find out for sure when the FA releases its updated guidance imminently.

Last edited:

London Harrier

Junior Team Starter
I think that's a fair and reasonable summary, Paul. The irony here is that many amateur games ordinarily attract very few, if any, spectators. However, if they are the only live football option available, attendances could swell considerably.

I just hope that the FA/DCMS decision is pragmatic and consistent with the wider roadmap. Fans will be understandably bitter if hundreds of people can shop in a department store or drink in a beer garden from April 12th, but can't stand and watch a game of grassroots football in an open field.

Noanorak

Junior Team Sub
Cant wait to attend my game as a spectator this saturday 10th April, the FA can try fine me as much as they like but it will remain unpaid.
To some, not all, that attitude is as unhelpful as it is selfish. Of course some people have no interest/understanding of how such attitudes can affect others with a little more rounding to their life experience.

I'm going to do what I want, regardless of what anyone says, goes the rather arrogant undertone of pointless defiance. Not exactly showing respect for anyone else apart from yourself and comically, behaviour that might possibly affect clubs at the level your name suggests is your bag. As long as you get your fix though, eh?

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Cant wait to attend my game as a spectator this Saturday 10th April, the FA can try fine me as much as they like but it will remain unpaid
Why would the FA fine you ?
They might take action against wherever you go to , if there are any more like you there and unfortunately there are.

That is the name of this thread -
''Clubs worried about being fined''

Climate Change

Reserve Team Sub
Cant wait to attend my game as a spectator this saturday 10th April, the FA can try fine me as much as they like but it will remain unpaid.
Enjoy the '3rd Wave'

Ladderman

Reserve Team Starter
Just my opinion,but "we've had" may be the operative words.Our politicians are more concerned with covering their backsides for when the Public Enquiry comes round rather than getting the Country running again.
It doesn't affect Drs doom and gloom they are unsackable with gold plated pensions,they have had a taste of power over peoples lives and don't want to let go,as l said just my opinion yours may differ.

I don't disagree that some people have become very powerful and some of them will want to hang on to that power for as long as possible. They've had a truly unprecedented amount of control over the every day movement of people. Some of the actions of the police (Derbyshire, I'm looking at you) have shown how some people just love the idea of telling others what they can and can't do.
Some of the current restrictions are clearly unnecessary. I can sit in a park and get pissed with five mates*, but I can't sit in a pub garden and do the same. I can be in a classroom with 2-300 different kids over the course of a week, yet I still can't watch Stortford outdoors with 299 others. A two-month season starting in April, playing each other once in front of limited crowds, should have been possible, Conference north/south should have been able to do likewise, The scientists are going to cover their backsides regardless of the damage it does to the economy/people's lives, it's up to the Gov to take some of the advice with a pinch of salt.
But it's quite clear that the bloke who (re?)registered just to tell us he's going to football regardless of the rules hasn't bothered following the rules at any point. It's quite clear that a section of society simply don't care what happens to other people.. Let's he doesn't get all plagued up, I can't imagine he'd take a vaccine from people he doesn't trust. .

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
We’re all pointlessly speculating at the moment. We need to wait for the FA to publish its updated guidance, and then for paulh66 to tell us how we should interpret it :)
Loving it how the anorakazzi feel chippiness and put upon when I provide and discuss information that doesn't suit their selfish agenda. Yet they really struggle to point out any inaccuracies. Or imaginary alter egos.. LOL!

More information and discussion to come! :)

hamlet

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
anyone non league
I don't disagree that some people have become very powerful and some of them will want to hang on to that power for as long as possible. They've had a truly unprecedented amount of control over the every day movement of people. Some of the actions of the police (Derbyshire, I'm looking at you) have shown how some people just love the idea of telling others what they can and can't do.
Some of the current restrictions are clearly unnecessary. I can sit in a park and get pissed with five mates*, but I can't sit in a pub garden and do the same. I can be in a classroom with 2-300 different kids over the course of a week, yet I still can't watch Stortford outdoors with 299 others. A two-month season starting in April, playing each other once in front of limited crowds, should have been possible, Conference north/south should have been able to do likewise, The scientists are going to cover their backsides regardless of the damage it does to the economy/people's lives, it's up to the Gov to take some of the advice with a pinch of salt.
But it's quite clear that the bloke who (re?)registered just to tell us he's going to football regardless of the rules hasn't bothered following the rules at any point. It's quite clear that a section of society simply don't care what happens to other people.. Let's he doesn't get all plagued up, I can't imagine he'd take a vaccine from people he doesn't trust. .
Good post cock,pretty much where the majority of the population is with this virus l would think,there are usually a minority that don't adhere to any rules.My other passtime,fishing,was having problems before the Angling Trust got some restrictions lifted.

TrevorT

Junior Team Regular
And our 'new' forum friend and thousands of others like him who as you say "don't care what happens to other people" are generally the first to expect the NHS to look after them when they or someone close to them gets sick. Selfishness, stupidity, denial, arrogance, moronic (*delete as applicable).

And when I hear people tell me "I don't give a f*ck" my normal response is "yes that might be the problem mate"

Burgesshillbee

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Brentford
Unofficial but no announcement by FA until tomorrow, maybe Friday.
Speculation is they and other sporting bodies want to know what is the problem with spectators on private land which can be controlled with capacity limits ie as we had before the last lockdown. Also the announcement that the World Snooker finals will be able to have spectators every day starting with 33% capacity up to 75% for Semi Finals and 100% for the final will mean no social distancing from Semi Finals onwards, accepted its a pilot event with Covid testing, but questions being asked why this is allowed and not 300 people at a level 5/6 ground which is outside and is supposed that the risk of transmission is a lot lot lower if the scientists are to be believed.

Linnetstowinit

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Runcorn Linnets
Arsenal
Saw a video of a non league behind closed doors friendly in a stadium played last weekend and there were a reasonable number of spectators in attendance.
Good for them.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Saw a video of a non league behind closed doors friendly in a stadium played last weekend and there were a reasonable number of spectators in attendance.
Good for them.
It's amazing the number of 'club officials' that seem to have been attending games in the last year for fixtures that are BCD!

Northstandexile

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Mansfield Town
It's amazing the number of 'club officials' that seem to have been attending games in the last year for fixtures that are BCD!
And ‘safety stewards’ especially at EFL grounds. Mansfield still have the tannoy announcer on duty reading out the substitutes with sponsors names when they occur.

Haywain

Youth Team Starter
And ‘safety stewards’ especially at EFL grounds. Mansfield still have the tannoy announcer on duty reading out the substitutes with sponsors names when they occur.
Early in the pandemic I recall reading that staging a BCD match at a Football League ground still required something like 300 people to be present, in addition to the playing squads, so announcements are likely to be necessary.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I know our announcer is always at the games, I think it is required for the tannoy to be background noise to the iFollow transmission. And we can hear "Happiness" played at the end, subject to result.

Sungater

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None
Just my opinion,but "we've had" may be the operative words.Our politicians are more concerned with covering their backsides for when the Public Enquiry comes round rather than getting the Country running again.
It doesn't affect Drs doom and gloom they are unsackable with gold plated pensions,they have had a taste of power over peoples lives and don't want to let go,as l said just my opinion yours may differ.
As politicians “Covering their backsides” will result in fewer people dying of Covid I, on balance, am in favour of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks