Celebrity Deaths 2020 (& Dec 19)

rebus

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Wroxham, Barnet
A thoroughly nice bloke too and he was a big rugby league fan. I had the pleasure of his company, on occasion, watching Fulham RL in the '80s.

Tykeoldboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Sad news about mike Walling. I remember watching the series during the 1980's.

Bagman

Youth Team Starter
The Fairport Convention singer Judy Dyble has died aged 71. The folk artist, who also had a solo career, had been suffering from a long-term illness.

Bagman

Youth Team Starter
Kelly Preston, the actress and wife of John Travolta, has died aged 57.

Travolta posted on Instagram: "My beautiful wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle with breast cancer. She fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many."

The couple had been married for nearly 29 years. Preston's career included roles in Twins, From Dusk Till Dawn, Jerry Maguire and The Cat in the Hat.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
57 , so sad RIP.

Image result for Kelly Preston

Workington FC

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Workington Reds
A thoroughly nice bloke too and he was a big rugby league fan. I had the pleasure of his company, on occasion, watching Fulham RL in the '80s.
I saw him a few times supporting St Albans Centurions when we played there.

Tykeoldboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Elvis Presley's only Grandson has left the building. Benjamin Keough, son of Lisa Marie Presley was 27,

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Although she died on 1st December 2019, only yesterday was the death announced of former Emmerdale actress Paula Tilbrook, who played Betty Eagleton for 21 years from 1994 to 2015. She was 89.

Oxpete

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Pompey
A face you'd certainly recognise, even if his name isn't familiar - the actor Maurice Roeves has died at the age of 83.

In over fifty years of television and film work, he memorably played Leeds United trainer Jimmy Gordon in 'The Damned United' (2009), Chief Supt Duckenfield in Jimmy McGovern's 'Hillsborough' (1996), Col Edmund Munro in 'The Last Of The Mohicans' (1992), and the character Vincent Diver in the tv mini-series 'Tutti Fruitti' (1987).

1595009944698.png

The Hollow Core

Junior Team Hopeful
John Lewis, civil rights veteran, leader of the Selma, Alabama march, Congressman, aged 80.

CT Vivian, who helped organise the freedom rides for integration in the southern USA, age 95.

OKmusky

Junior Team Hopeful
A face you'd certainly recognise, even if his name isn't familiar - the actor Maurice Roeves has died at the age of 83.

In over fifty years of television and film work, he memorably played Leeds United trainer Jimmy Gordon in 'The Damned United' (2009), Chief Supt Duckenfield in Jimmy McGovern's 'Hillsborough' (1996), Col Edmund Munro in 'The Last Of The Mohicans' (1992), and the character Vincent Diver in the tv mini-series 'Tutti Fruitti' (1987).

View attachment 3034
Maurice Roeves, wonderful actor. He was also in 'Escape to Victory', and played Matt Busby in an episode of the BBC documentary 'Surviving Disaster'.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Guitar great and Fleetwood Mac founder Peter Green has died aged 73.
Back when they were a "proper " band, Green was a legend.

Tim

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
For me the best British guitarist ever, bar none.
Spot on. He played more great guitar between 1966 and 1970 than anyother British guitarist has managed in a lifetime. Just played Then Play On and now onto Fleetwood Mac Live at the BBC. Sad day, but a wondrous legacy.

Bagman

Youth Team Starter
Actor John Saxon dies at age 83
Saxon’s wife confirmed to the Hollywood Reporter that the actor passed away on July 25 from pneumonia in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. His acting career spanned nearly 60 years and included iconic roles like Roper in the 1973 Bruce Lee classic Enter the Dragon, and a major part in Wes Craven’s Nightmare on Elm Street, a role he reprised in two other entries in the the franchise.

Bagman

Youth Team Starter
Olivia de Havilland, one of the last remaining stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood, has died at the age of 104.

De Havilland's career spanned more than 50 years and almost 50 feature films, and she was the last surviving actor from Gone with the Wind (1939).

The film earned her one of her five Oscar nominations.

De Havilland, who has lived in Paris since 1960, was central in taking down Hollywood's studio system, giving actors better contracts.

Bigaitch

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
None in particular
Guitar great and Fleetwood Mac founder Peter Green has died aged 73.
Back when they were a "proper " band, Green was a legend.
Many years ago I used to drink in a pub in Brentwood and Peter Green was a regular who would often provide musical entertainment. Needless to say he was incredible but also very unpretentious and a thoroughly decent man. Sadly, the pub, The Charles Napier is no longer with us either, having been demolished a few years ago to allow for road widening.
RIP Peter.

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Sydney Lotterby, director and producer of classic sitcoms such as Porridge, Last of the Summer Wine and Yes Minister, has died aged 93.

Bigaitch

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
None in particular
Sydney Lotterby, director and producer of classic sitcoms such as Porridge, Last of the Summer Wine and Yes Minister, has died aged 93.
A vital part of my favourite ever comedy, that being Porridge. He was so loved by those who worked on it, that an inmate , albeit one that was never seen was given the name ‘Lotterby’, as a form of respect. When Porridge was revived a few years ago, ‘Lotterby’ was a main character.
RIP Sydney Lotterby...and thanks for the memories.

Ropemaker

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Hailsham Town
Sir Alan Parker, director of such films as Fame, Evita and Bugsy Malone, has died aged 76

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks