Can we attend Youth Cup matches?

Ricardo

Youth Team Regular
Oxford Utd v AFC Wimbledon due to be played at Thame, any idea whether fans are allowed or not?

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
I don't have a definitive answer but I saw something a couple of weeks ago about fans being admitted to FAYC matches, can't remember the detail but the gist of it was they could attend matches hosted by 'elite' clubs in the qualifying rounds only.

The context of the info I saw was to do with York City, and that their fans would have an unexpected chance to visit Bootham Crescent for one last time in their qualifying round match.

Westberkspalace

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Palace/Didcot T/Epsom and Ewell.
Oxford Utd v AFC Wimbledon due to be played at Thame, any idea whether fans are allowed or not?
I'm going to Didcot v US Portsmouth tonight, 19:30, £3 adults, £1 concessions. Down to individual clubs I should imagine.

Chris1963

Reserve Team Star
I don't know if the fact that Oxford United are classed as 'elite' will prevent spectators being allowed to attend, but it is worth noting that their female team attracted an official attendance of nearly 250 at Oxford City's ground yesterday.

Scotty BUFC

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Boston United
We have arranged our Youth Cup game with Notts County for this Thursday, and is being held at Gainsborough, with admission of £5 adults, £3 concessions.

Sale Holmfield

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Altrincham
Altrincham's game against South Shields on Thursday will be behind closed doors, as was the home tie in the last round.
However, this is due to Trafford MBC, rather than anything in competition rules as the club hoped to admit fans but have prevented by the council. The Womens' team had earlier played a Wonens' FA Cup match in front of 160 at Moss Lane this season.

The vulture

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Groundhog
Chippenham have played theirs BCD.......in fact they have gone further in not actually mentioning the games until giving the result out post-match.

In the last round away to Odd Down neither club mentioned anything in the build up to the game, I assume that was deliberate.

The vulture

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Groundhog
Acknowledgement of the existence of Chippenham Town v Reading City has now been made.......but only to inform that the game has been postponed.
Someone probably sniffed in Berkshire.

Chris1963

Reserve Team Star
Chippenham have played theirs BCD.......in fact they have gone further in not actually mentioning the games until giving the result out post-match.
In the last round away to Odd Down neither club mentioned anything in the build up to the game, I assume that was deliberate.
If we have to play games BCD, then I suppose it makes sense not to mention them until after they have actually been played, to prevent spectators making a wasted journey.

The 'Metro' newspaper's Monday edition has been listing dozens of fixtures for the week ahead, including the Welsh Premier, without mentioning that they are all BCD.

Hoddy1.

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
If we have to play games BCD, then I suppose it makes sense not to mention them until after they have actually been played, to prevent spectators making a wasted journey.
Agree , although hoppers would still see fixtures like on here or the 'Metro' and turn up not knowing.

I asked the Manchester League Fixture Sec that question as I upkeep the Manchester League on here , should I mention or NOT the ones that are behind closed doors.
Not hearing to the contrary they are still on here and on the leagues media sites ( with add ons that they are behind closed doors on Full-Time ) , that luxury of an add on is not available on here .
Or is it ? Must ask that question.

SME

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Bradford Park Avenue, Sutton United, Northwood
St Albans City are "Elite" but tickets have been available for their three home FA Youth Cup ties so far including Histon at home Weds 21 October.

Manchester Warrior

Junior Team Star
St Albans City are "Elite" but tickets have been available for their three home FA Youth Cup ties so far including Histon at home Weds 21 October.
That's as may be, but the Preliminary and Qualifying rounds of the FA Youth Cup are deemed to be "non elite". So, St Albans can have paying spectators in for the FA Youth Cup, but not the National League South or the FA Cup.

Manchester Warrior

Junior Team Star
Wonder how Oxford United managed to set their FA Youth Cup fixture date (vs AFC Wimbledon) as Wednesday 11th November 2020?

Thought that all FA Youth Cup 1st Round Proper ties were meant to be played by Saturday 7th November 2020?

MartE

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Emley AFC
I attended the Guiseley V Emley game last month with no issues.
I know some clubs' local restrictions prevent spectators, Emley, for instance, as part of Kirklees' extra local restrictions, but as far as i am aware, there are no issues attending other clubs' home games

The Moose

Junior Team Star
Oppo of mine attended Yeovil v Wimborne (3-4) FA Youth cup tie during the week with no problem. Evidently clubs are operating a ‘different strokes for different folks’ policy, which doesn’t particularly help anyone!

KRTM 😎

John Treleven

First Team Hopeful
Thought that all FA Youth Cup 1st Round Proper ties were meant to be played by Saturday 7th November 2020?

Meant to be but extensions are granted, usually in to the following week

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks