Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Romford [el revolución]
Everton [el revolución2]
@brentwoodSunLge
Pictures do not always tell the full story when it comes to fog,
but this was the scene when the match official abandoned the
Isthmian North game last evening [Tues], with the home side
winning 5-0 - seven minutes from the end!

Apparently it cleared up a few minutes after time was called...

U5OU4RCTIFMTF8RH5B78.jpg

Part-Timer

Youth Team Star
The game at Mildenhall, about 12 miles away, was also abandoned due to fog. As you say, pictures don't always tell the whole story when it comes to fog/

mxhornet

Reserve Team Hopeful
The game at Mildenhall, about 12 miles away, was also abandoned due to fog. As you say, pictures don't always tell the whole story when it comes to fog/
It was actually at Thetford Town, MT being the way side.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I have seen at least one other picture on twitter, which appeared to justify calling it off, but if you use a flash in fog, it will always appear worse. As the team 5-0 down, what is really needed is a request from the visitors for the score to stand. This would be a sporting decision and one the league should not refuse

revandyw

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
West Bromwich Albion / Havant & Waterlooville
If League order game to be replayed then Bury would be foolish to refuse to play.

They would get a fine and a points deduction for failing to fulfill the fixture
Sometimes sticking to your principles can be costly. Doesn't mean you shouldn't do it!

LeedsPhil

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
It's about time we went to what UEFA do for CL/EL abandonments - come back to complete only the remaining minutes.
That way, 0-5 (etc) sides could indeed volunteer to not bother, and let the score stand.

TractorBoy

Junior Team Starter
Witham dugout near me were screaming for the game to be called of from just after half time

Fog was actually worse earlier in the half compared to when it was abandoned and had cleared further within ten minutes of the ref calling it of

BlackDouglas

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, The Rangers, Rochdale, QotS.
I have mentioned elsewhere each case should be judged on it's own merits, but this one should be a slam-dunk for letting the score stand.

FatCat

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Witham Town, Rochdale and West Ham United.
Even as a Witham Town supporter I would say let the result stand, particularly after the dreadful start we've made.

Ladderman

Reserve Team Hopeful
If League order game to be replayed then Bury would be foolish to refuse to play.

They would get a fine and a points deduction for failing to fulfill the fixture
If only there was "pompous" button

spen666

Junior Team Regular
If only there was "pompous" button

Not sure what your problem is, but if you think its not foolish to get a points deduction and a fine then say so, rather that start with insults.

It is not pompous to suggest it is foolish for a club act in a way that earns itself nothing, but instead costs it both points and a fine.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks