Brazil & Argentina Documentary

Tykeoldboy

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Pele, Argentina and the Dictators is a documentary about how, in the 1970 and 1978 World Cups, Brazil and Argentina's military dictators took a vested interest in their nation's football dreams. It is on BBC1 on June 28 at 23:45 and might be worth a watch and probably on iPlayer afterwards

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
I watched it. Considering the calibre and array of people they had access to in making the programme it all felt a little superficial and rushed, whereas I imagine they'll have collected enough material to put together a more considered and in-depth story/stories, richer in context.

Worth a look though, despite the white subtitles against white/light backgrounds.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
I watched it. Considering the calibre and array of people they had access to in making the programme it all felt a little superficial and rushed, whereas I imagine they'll have collected enough material to put together a more considered and in-depth story/stories, richer in context.

Worth a look though, despite the white subtitles against white/light backgrounds.
I enjoyed the Thierry Henry programme about the history of the Euros, not having seen it when it first came out

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Anyone who hasn't seen the film Marvellous simply must - BBC 2 tonight at 9. It's a true story - I believe Bob L Hatt knew him - and simply wonderful

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks