Best beers this month

Loiner

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
None
I was in Tesco the other day and on the clearance shelf there was a six bottle pack of Beck's Blue non-alcoholic beer on sale for just £3 which is just 50 pence per bottle! A bargain, although I suspect that most of you wouldn't drink it even if you were paid £3 to do so.
Not when I can get Banks's Amber (3.8%) at 89p a bottle in Aldi!

oftenscore6

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
FC United of Manchester, St Pauli, Hammarby, Hawthorn (AFL)
I was in Tesco the other day and on the clearance shelf there was a six bottle pack of Beck's Blue non-alcoholic beer on sale for just £3 which is just 50 pence per bottle! A bargain, although I suspect that most of you wouldn't drink it even if you were paid £3 to do so.
The one and only time I've had Becks Blue was in Tripoli in Gaddafi days when there was no alcohol available anywhere. Horrible stuff and you are correct that being paid £3 would not be any temptation at all.

Oxpete

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Pompey
I ordered some beer from the Loose Cannon Brewery of Abingdon the other day - 12x Bombshell 50cl and a single 1ltr Robust British Porter from the cask, plus free delivery for £28.60.

The Bombshell is good enough to keep me ticking over, and the Robust British Porter is gorgeous.

1592248786219.png

Last edited:

Oxpete

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Pompey
Another order from Loose Cannon of Abingdon arrived today: this time 12x Gunners Gold 500ml and 1x Robust British Porter 1lt for £28 and free delivery...

1593111300770.png

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Correct.

Oxpete

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Pompey
A small stash of beer purchased the other day from a pop-up beer caravan run by Tap Social Brewery of Oxford...

1593630927764.png

...which is open for two hours a day in front of the now derelict White House pub in Abingdon Road, not far from where I live.

The White House pub (most famous for giving its name to the old Oxford City FC ground) was closed down by Wadworth Brewery back in January, but Tap Social have had plans to re-open it as a craft beer pub. A schooner of cloudy IPA and three different 330ml cans - not cheap, but it felt a good way of giving them a thumbs-up while they're renovating the place...

1593631269098.png

The vulture

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Groundhog
A small stash of beer purchased the other day from a pop-up beer caravan run by Tap Social Brewery of Oxford...

View attachment 2758

...which is open for two hours a day in front of the now derelict White House pub in Abingdon Road, not far from where I live.

The White House pub (most famous for giving its name to the old Oxford City FC ground) was closed down by Wadworth Brewery back in January, but Tap Social have had plans to re-open it as a craft beer pub. A schooner of cloudy IPA and three different 330ml cans - not cheap, but it felt a good way of giving them a thumbs-up while they're renovating the place...

View attachment 2759
Have you a river running through your garden?

Oxpete

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Pompey
I actually managed to purchase myself a draught pint from a pub on Monday...

1593634321308.png

...a pint of another Tap Social brew, bought from the front door of the Port Mahon pub on St.Clement's.

My first pub pint (of sorts) in 103 days.

oftenscore6

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
FC United of Manchester, St Pauli, Hammarby, Hawthorn (AFL)
June top 5:
1) Seven Bro7hers - Bee Honeycomb (British Local Craft cash & carry) - marvellous
2) Brew York - Extra Brownie Pints (Hip hops)
3) Earth Station - DDH Sabro Pale (Beer 52)
4) Seven Bro7hers - Sling it Out Stout (British Local Craft)
5) Fierce - Eskimo Joe (Thirst Class)

Further purchases from Hops & Dots, Cloudwater & Donkeystone - all good.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks