Barnsley on the move ?

Barnsley Dave

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Barnsley, Yorkshire CCC, Non-league in general
Really hope this is just another load of Daily Mail rubbish
The owners did the same sort of thing at Nice before they walked away. As Pete Seeger sang,' when will they ever learn'

Tykeoldboy

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Why would Barnsley want to move, unless they are strapped for cash. The stadium is in the town centre, so convenient for public transport and with most town centre's closing down then anything that brings people into the town every other weekend would be welcomed by the town council.

Barnsley Dave

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Barnsley, Yorkshire CCC, Non-league in general
Sounds like the owners are throwing their toys out of the pram a bit and seems like the council seem to have an issue of trust with them
Opinions firmly divided on the Barnsley BBS forum that's for sure

007Dale

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Sounds like the owners are throwing their toys out of the pram a bit and seems like the council seem to have an issue of trust with them
Opinions firmly divided on the Barnsley BBS forum that's for sure
I’m guessing the owners want Oakwell at a knock down price and the council are wanting fair market value on behalf of their tax payers.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks