Anglian Combination 2021-22

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Starter
I see Wymondham Town drop again. That’s 2 administrative relegations/demotions in the last 4 years. Seems a bit odd. Anyone know why they keep dropping down?

mxhornet

Reserve Team Star
No I don't at the moment, I shall investigate, their previous demotion was related to their charter status.

mxhornet

Reserve Team Star
No I don't at the moment, I shall investigate, their previous demotion was related to their charter status.
Reading through the AC handbook should a club not regain charter status they may be relegated again at each subsequent AGM. This could be the answer, however I'm not sure yet.

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Starter
Another question - why have the Anglian Combination not used the seemingly standard 2 year PPG to decide on promotions. I not that Martham have been promoted from Division Two to Division One - and whilst they were doing well last season in third, in the abandoned 19/20 season they were third bottom. Gayton United would have certainly had a better PPG across the two seasons combined??

mxhornet

Reserve Team Star
I'm not sure what system they have used to decide, I've only seen info Tweeted by clubs regarding their emails with the two constitutions they have been sent.

Cannnary

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Norwich City, East Anglian non-league
They have become a complete law unto themselves - like many institutions in Norfolk. Doesn't help that the local printed media has decided non-league football at this level doesn't bring in the clicks, so they seldom cover it and hold anyone to question. And Radio Norfolk are simply too matey to ever challenge any strange decisions. Remember a couple of years ago on here why no-one knew why Wymondham Town were demoted from the Premier Division because there was never any official explanation?
Ever since the Caister and Brandon tweets the constitution has been mostly in the public arena, so why not just tell us who is in Division One exactly?

mxhornet

Reserve Team Star
I doubt anything will be issued before the AGM which is usually in the second week of June, I've not seen a date mentioned for this year though.

Cannnary

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Norwich City, East Anglian non-league
Word is that it is Holt United who have declined promotion to Division One.

mxhornet

Reserve Team Star
As per the league tables on Full Time

Premier Division

Division One

Division Two

Division Three

Division Four

Division Five North

Division Five South

In Division Three Horsford United will now be Horsford Viking following their merger with FC Viking, I am not aware of what will be their first team home venue. Division Four as mentioned earlier in this thread I'm not sure what's happening with Thorpe St Andrews Reserves but they still currently are listed.

mxhornet

Reserve Team Star
Quite a drop to Central & South Norfolk League Division Five, particularly if there is to be any movement between first team and A team.
I have been reminded that TSA's reserve side operate with no exchange of players with the first team, for reasons I'm not entirely sure of however this would explain the A team acting as a feeder for first team instead. Also I understand that Poringland Wanderers will not be taking their place in division three but will retain the reserves position in division five south.

mxhornet

Reserve Team Star
Longham have dropped out of Division Four but will retain their reserves' place in CSNL Div 2 and are now playing at Scarning.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks