2021 - Scottish "Pyramid" Developments - Facts NOT Speculation Please

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
The Brora/Kelty games will not begin this Saturday. Now showing as TBC - until the SPFL grow a pair / Brechin have had a lie down.
These clubs have been paying for covid testing relative to dates that were given. I hope they demand reimbursement from the SPFL.

Cowden Andy

Youth Team Star
As if any EPL clubs are going to vote for additional relegation places, even for one season. To say nothing of EFL clubs voting to accept extra parachute payment clubs into the championship while relegating an extra 4 teams into non-league! Given the last week's emphasis on earning places on merit, it just ain't going to happen.
As I said don’t laugh. It was in the Sun after all.
England dosn’t need them.

Cowden Andy

Youth Team Star
The Brora/Kelty games will not begin this Saturday. Now showing as TBC - until the SPFL grow a pair / Brechin have had a lie down.
These clubs have been paying for covid testing relative to dates that were given. I hope they demand reimbursement from the SPFL.
Their lucky they’ve only been paying for tests for a couple of weeks L1 and L2 sides have been paying for them for over a month.
They could have allowed them to play their games and at least we would know who is going to be in the final.

Brightside

Reserve Team Sub
They could be put in the Northern League like some Cumbrian teams.

johnr

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
NUFC (retired)
We appear to have gone very quickly from facts, bypassed speculation and ended up with fantasy

Brightside

Reserve Team Sub
if there are vacancies which they are not in northern league at the moment

Promotions into Step 6 are theoretically pooled but in reality are to fill the gaps in certain Step 6 leagues.
Going off my Step 6 projection for next season there are 3 vacancies in the Northern League area. The Northern league can quite easily fill them though.

prorege

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
We appear to have gone very quickly from facts, bypassed speculation and ended up with fantasy
It's what happens when people are more bothered about spreadsheets, maps and structures than football itself. "Dungeons and Dragon" football for a fantasy world.

Returning to facts and the real world. The number of new licensed clubs will require a rethink on the structure for the Scottish Cup next season. This will be done once the new SFA members are confirmed at the AGM in June and prior to the draw in July.

The League Cup will also need to be tweaked as Scotland will (briefly) have five teams in Europe next season, not four. This means three additional teams will be invited to the League Cup. In the past, when two additional teams have been required, invitations have been extended to the Champions of the Highland and Lowland Leagues. The SPFL Board has the power to invite who they want.

No decision has been made on the format or future, if any, of the SPFL Challenge Cup.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
It's what happens when people are more bothered about spreadsheets, maps and structures than football itself. "Dungeons and Dragon" football for a fantasy world.

Returning to facts and the real world. The number of new licensed clubs will require a rethink on the structure for the Scottish Cup next season. This will be done once the new SFA members are confirmed at the AGM in June and prior to the draw in July.

The League Cup will also need to be tweaked as Scotland will (briefly) have five teams in Europe next season, not four. This means three additional teams will be invited to the League Cup. In the past, when two additional teams have been required, invitations have been extended to the Champions of the Highland and Lowland Leagues. The SPFL Board has the power to invite who they want.

No decision has been made on the format or future, if any, of the SPFL Challenge Cup.
Scotland's contribution, if I have followed the rules correctly
Rangers - Champions League (champions path), starting in Q3 with two matches to the group stage - guaranteed group stage participation in one of the three competitions
Celtic - Champions League, (non champions path), starting in Q2 with three matches to the group stage
Cup winners (or third place in league if Rangers win cup) - Europa League, starting in Play off, so guaranteed group stage in either Europa League or conference
Third and Fourth in League (fourth and fifth if Rangers win cup) - Europa Conference, starting in Q2 - three matches to group stage.

This five team run for Scotland should last for all three years of the current UEFA format

Brightside

Reserve Team Sub

That seems an odd comment to make whilst discussing the structure of Scottish football.
Structure is what is needed for a fully functioning pyramid, Scotland isn't there yet but the system is certainly improving, which is good to see.

The League Cup will also need to be tweaked as Scotland will (briefly) have five teams in Europe next season, not four.
(briefly) - That reads like speculation to me.

prorege

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
The deadline for applications to join the South of Scotland League is this Friday.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Just get your point, man - and then it is not your problem

Harry West

Junior Team Star
At the end of the day we shall have to wait and see what happens but it would be better all round if the bottom placed team in Division 2 retained their place on the pitch i.e. after a play-off.

If the bottom team defeats Brora or Kelty they could, at least, justify their existence in the SPFL for next season. However, defeating a club which has scarcely played recently would still leave a gaping wound in their credibility.
Another bottom finish next season would look bad and affect the credibility of the whole League.

prorege

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Watched Brechin on Bluebraziltv last night and was impressed. Players coming back from injury making them stronger. It would be superb if they played Kelly or Brora and beat them.

Cowden Andy

Youth Team Star
Just get your point, man - and then it is not your problem
He’s been through the play off before so we under normal circumstances have no problem with them.
It is a fair point about a club being champions after 3 games, nothing against Brora in that their good people and their fans were superb when we played them last season in the cup.
I’ve always said that football shouldn’t have started below the championship if that had happened we wouldn’t have had these arguments.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks