2021 - Scottish "Pyramid" Developments - Facts NOT Speculation Please

archieb

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Pollok, Man City, Schalke04
Looks like BSC Glasgow are changing their name going by a statement they have put out.
For clarity, it's BSC Glasgow in the LOWLAND League that are going to change name, to what we do not yet know.
The BSC that has newly joined the WoSFL development Division is now a separate entity and is not affected.

Cowden Andy

Reserve Team Sub
For clarity, it's BSC Glasgow in the LOWLAND League that are going to change name, to what we do not yet know.
The BSC that has newly joined the WoSFL development Division is now a separate entity and is not affected.
I should have mentioned it was the Alloa mob.

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Two new teams have joined the East Juniors (i.e. Tayside) for 2021/2 - Letham and Dundee St James.

In Letham's case they were knocked back by the East of Scotland League who would have put them in tier 8. The Juniors, now part of the Pyramid, have put the Perth side in tier 6. Result for them!

Dundee St James play at Fairfield Park, the former home if Dundee St Josephs.

007Dale

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Two new teams have joined the East Juniors (i.e. Tayside) for 2021/2 - Letham and Dundee St James.

In Letham's case they were knocked back by the East of Scotland League who would have put them in tier 8. The Juniors, now part of the Pyramid, have put the Perth side in tier 6. Result for them!

Dundee St James play at Fairfield Park, the former home if Dundee St Josephs.

I’m now confused, i thought the East Juniors weren’t part of the pyramid. Hence the mass resignations to join the East of Scotland league.

Or is the remains of the East Juniors now effectively the ‘Midlands’ league that feeds into the Highland League?

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Yes, the East Juniors and North Juniors are now part of the "Pyramid", both feeding into the Highland League. Marc Stanton of Lochee United is the new President of the SJFA. The draw for the Scottish Junior Cup will take place soon.

Cowden Andy

Reserve Team Sub
See Raman Bawbag from STV tweeted that the SPFL sides are meeting to discuss the old firm Colts.
Hopefully the lower league chairman still have a bigger pair than those numpties in the Lowland League.

Cowden Andy

Reserve Team Sub
Apparently the bribe is £290k per club for 5 seasons and not being able to go further than L1.
The Lowland League really sold themselves short with the £25k per club.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Apparently the bribe is £290k per club for 5 seasons and not being able to go further than L1.
The Lowland League really sold themselves short with the £25k per club.
That will be a very tempting thin edge of a wedge.
The SPFL could change to 12-12-10-10 buyng more votes due to more promotions (for one season)
Meanwhile, Hearts and Hibs eye up the Lowland League, maybe Dundee United and Aberdeen to the Highland and all in turn promoted to SPFL?

Yes, I know this is speculation on my part, but it is the very speculation that SPFL clubs need to bear in mind when voting

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
A further aspect of the bribe is no relegation from the SPFL in 2022/3 and 2023/4.

2 x Wee Bigots added to SPFL for 2022/3
Highland and Lowland League Champions promoted at end of 2022/3 and 2023/4

New structure of 4 x 12 Divisions from 2024/5.

Remains to been how much of the £290k per club is new money or how much is pared off from the existing prize pot.

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
See line 1 of my last post.

Brightside

Reserve Team Regular
No relegation for two seasons really makes things stale.

I guess finding a way for clubs to accept it is better than having a fluid pyramid.

42 clubs + 2 Colts 21/22 + HL 22/23 + LL 22/23 + HL 23/24 + LL 23/24 = 48 clubs

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Stage 2 of this new plan will be to fill the gaps in the Lowland and Highland Leagues with the Colts teams of Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts and Hibs.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
A further aspect of the bribe is no relegation from the SPFL in 2022/3 and 2023/4.

2 x Wee Bigots added to SPFL for 2022/3
Highland and Lowland League Champions promoted at end of 2022/3 and 2023/4

New structure of 4 x 12 Divisions from 2024/5.

Remains to been how much of the £290k per club is new money or how much is pared off from the existing prize pot.
Is this speculation, or is it in the proposal?

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Neither of those things.

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Here's the BBC report on the SPFL reconstruction proposal. All 42 member clubs have been asked to give an indication of whether they would be for or against before it is decided if the matter will go forward to a motion at the SPFL AGM in July.

windydcfc

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Derby County, England & Borussia Mönchengladbach
Here's the BBC report on the SPFL reconstruction proposal. All 42 member clubs have been asked to give an indication of whether they would be for or against before it is decided if the matter will go forward to a motion at the SPFL AGM in July.

Two questions I’d like to know. If this proposal gets accepted, will there be automatic relegation from SPFL2, or will club 48 face a relegation playoff? If the old firm colt sides finish up in the SPFL2 relegation zone, will they be subjected to relegation/playoffs?

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock