2021 - Scottish "Pyramid" Developments - Facts NOT Speculation Please

Cowden Andy

Youth Team Star
No, the Daily Record just doesn't know what it is talking about!

Confirmed that Edinburgh College will be sharing the Jack Brydson Arena with Heriot Watt University.
Shock horror a Red Top rag making things up not like them😀

Decent venue for Edinburgh College, paves the way for LTHV to move to Ainslie Park (sorry speculation).

prorege

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
West of Scotland League side Shettleston are changing their name to Glasgow United.

They plan to sell Greenfield Park and play from the Greenfield Football Centre on the other side of the railway in Durer Street.

Glasgow United should not be confused with United Glasgow, a different team entirely.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
West of Scotland League side Shettleston are changing their name to Glasgow United.

They plan to sell Greenfield Park and play from the Greenfield Football Centre on the other side of the railway in Durer Street.
Some history going there:

Chris1963

First Team Sub
Disgraceful proposal in my opinion. Did Shettleston actually bother to consult their own fans over this?

Last edited:

buncranaboy

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United

Glasgow United should not be confused with United Glasgow, a different team entirely.
How imminent is this move ? One of the old crumbly grounds that I've yet to visit..........:cautious:

prorege

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Haven't seen a definite date. I'd certainly not wait too long to visit the old ground. It's superb.

Steveb

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
I still need Shettleston, but I have done the 3G pitch at Greenfield. I fear the demise of more classic old junior grounds now Scotland has a functioning pyramid, with licensing and ground grading becoming ever more important.

The two sites are literally a just few yards apart though, so if Shettleston FC can develop a good facility at Greenfield then it makes a lot of sense.

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
There was a lot of talk ahead of the 2016/17 season of Clyde moving in to share with Shettleston. I wonder if that's to whom they're intending to sell it. (Oops - speculation! Sorry).

One of the more 'interesting' areas of Glasgow. For anybody needing to tick them on the current ground I'd recommend going by public transport rather than risk leaving your car parked around there.

prorege

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Half time at Brora, 1-0 for Kelty.

Kelty had 2 penalties in the first ten minutes, both saved by Malin in Brora goal.

wonder strike from Dylan Easton put Kelty ahead midway through half.

Pitch is like a tattie field that’s been used by someone learning to drive a Chieftain tank.

Commentaty hilarious. #rightenaff

prorege

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
FT Brora 0 Kelty 2.

Higginbotham with a penalty got Kelly’s second.

prorege

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Second leg at Central Park on Saturday.

archieb

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Pollok, Man City, Schalke04
There was a lot of talk ahead of the 2016/17 season of Clyde moving in to share with Shettleston. I wonder if that's to whom they're intending to sell it. (Oops - speculation! Sorry).

One of the more 'interesting' areas of Glasgow. For anybody needing to tick them on the current ground I'd recommend going by public transport rather than risk leaving your car parked around there.
Rubbish. A disgraceful calumny.
I've parked in the streets near the ground numerous times over many years when attending matches either as a Pollok supporter or as a neutral as have lots of others I know in similar circumstances. I have never experienced any problem, nor have I heard of any other football fan who has.

Cleyholer

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Stranraer
Disgraceful proposal in my opinion. Did Shettleston actually bother to consult their own fans over this?

I agree. And did anybody consult United Glasgow, a women's community organisation trying to provide services as well as football?

If fans can stop the European Super League from going ahead we can resist nonsense like this as well, by continuing to refer to the club as Shettleston whether the owners like it or not.

Cowden Andy

Youth Team Star

Clyde seem to get on well with council these days couldn’t see them moving out (speculation), who

Cowden Andy

Youth Team Star
After all the talk of the integrity of the Pyramid it seems that the Lowland League are about to sell their soul by allowing 2 B teams from Glasgow to jump the que.
Slap in the face for all the feeder leagues.

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks