2021-22 Wearside League

Claret&BluePixels

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
South Shields FC
I have seen reports that the Wearside League have had enough applicants to form a brand new 3rd division

So far i've not seen any clubs be public in their conformation of joining the Wearside League apart from Blaydon Community, there were another couple on twitter I know who submitted applications but nothing beyond that

As things stand, Im assuming there will not be any relegation from Division 1 unless there are withdrawals.

If there are no withdrawals, then this is my assumption so far using last seasons teams that completed the season as placeholders, i'll update this as it goes along

PROMOTED TO NORTHERN LEAGUE DIVISION TWO: Horden C.W.

DIVISION ONE
Annfield Plain
Boldon C.A.
Chester-Le-Street United
Coxhoe Athletic
Darlington R.A.
Darlington Town
Durham Corinthians
Farringdon Detached
Gateshead Leam Rangers
Hartlepool
Norton & Stockton Ancients
Richmond Town
? Shildon A.F.C. Reserves (Winners of Division Two)
Silksworth C.W.
Washington United
West Auckland Tunns
Windscale
Wolviston

DIVISION TWO
Cockerton
Doxford Park
Durham
Durham Corinthians Reserves
Durham United
Hetton Juniors
Hurworth Albion
Hylton C.W.
Polton
Ryhope C.W. U23's
Shotton Colliery
South Moor
Sunderland West End & University
Washington Reserves
Wheatley Hill W.M.C.
Wynyard Village

DIVISION THREE
Blaydon Community
? Durham County
? Sunderland Albion

Last edited:

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Sub
I don’t believe there’s enough new teams to form a third division of new clubs.

I kind of assumed they’d split division two (which had way too many clubs last season). So effectively demote some of the poorer clubs to join the new teams in Division Three?

SotonSats

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Southend United
Southampton and Hampshire
AFC Totton
I don’t believe there’s enough new teams to form a third division of new clubs.

I kind of assumed they’d split division two (which had way too many clubs last season). So effectively demote some of the poorer clubs to join the new teams in Division Three?
North & South would be better then no one is relegated???

Carter

Junior Team Sub
I have seen reports that the Wearside League have had enough applicants to form a brand new 3rd division

So far i've not seen any clubs be public in their conformation of joining the Wearside League apart from Blaydon Community, there were another couple on twitter I know who submitted applications but nothing beyond that

As things stand, Im assuming there will not be any relegation from Division 1 unless there are withdrawals.

If there are no withdrawals, then this is my assumption so far using last seasons teams that completed the season as placeholders, i'll update this as it goes along

PROMOTED TO NORTHERN LEAGUE DIVISION TWO: Horden C.W.

DIVISION ONE
Annfield Plain
Boldon C.A.
Chester-Le-Street United
Coxhoe Athletic
Darlington R.A.
Darlington Town
Durham Corinthians
Farringdon Detached
Gateshead Leam Rangers
Hartlepool
Norton & Stockton Ancients
Richmond Town
? Shildon A.F.C. Reserves (Winners of Division Two)
Silksworth C.W.
Washington United
West Auckland Tunns
Windscale
Wolviston

DIVISION TWO
Cockerton
Doxford Park
Durham
Durham Corinthians Reserves
Durham United
Hetton Juniors
Hurworth Albion
Hylton C.W.
Polton
Ryhope C.W. U23's
Shotton Colliery
South Moor
Sunderland West End & University
Washington Reserves
Wheatley Hill W.M.C.
Wynyard Village

DIVISION THREE
Blaydon Community
? Durham County
? Sunderland Albion
You missed off AFC Durham from 2nd division, they took the option of not carrying on for the season after the winter lockdown.

I have heard there are aorund 12 new applications for the 3rd division

SotonSats

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Southend United
Southampton and Hampshire
AFC Totton
Sounds great as long as accepting them does not jeopardize an existing league that feeds into it as that would be like cutting the roots to the tree?

Sacristan.Revenant

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Bo'ness Utd, Yeovil Town, Dynamos (Zimbabwe).
Durham Corinthians res. and Durham United listed in Div. Two?

Manorfanwill

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
FC Namdong (인천남동구민축구단), Pembroke Old Boys, Hills Hawks FC, Idrettslaget TRY

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Sub
Sounds great as long as accepting them does not jeopardize an existing league that feeds into it as that would be like cutting the roots to the tree?
The only league below the Wearside is the Crook & District League which has already declared its constitution. Three teams from last season weren’t included in said constitution so they might have applied but it’s very doubtful and more likely all three have simply folded.

Carter

Junior Team Sub
New Teams

Belmont United

Billingham Town Res

Birtley Town development

Blaydon Community F C Seniors

Darlington Deacon

Doxford Park U23’s

FC Durham County

Hartlepool Youth

Hylton C.W. U23’s

Peterlee Catholic Club

Polton U23’s

Silksworth Juniors

Spennymoor Town Youth

Sunderland Albion

Wear United

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Sub
Ok was wrong about all three Crook League missing sides folding - Darlington Deacon haven’t….

Claret&BluePixels

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
South Shields FC
They've not released the full constitution yet due to two appeals

Boldon CA have appealed to the FA and Shotton Colliery likewise to the Durham FA

In both cases, im assuming its to do with the promotion situation (Boldon to the NL 2nd Division and presumably Shotton Colliery want to join Division One), but if there are no changes (and if Simonside don't return), then that means 50 teams next season

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Sub
Are AFC Durham returning to Div One? It was mentioned they’d decided to sit out when the division resumed but no mention of them having resigned or folded?

Tyneside Groundhopper

Junior Team Sub
Are AFC Durham returning to Div One? It was mentioned they’d decided to sit out when the division resumed but no mention of them having resigned or folded?
i think so. They’ve announced friendlies.

Claret&BluePixels

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
South Shields FC
So as things stand, these are the division sizes

DIVISION ONE: 18 teams (Presuming a team is promoted from Division Two, most likely to be Shildon Reserves)

DIVISION TWO: 17 teams (18 if Simonside return, they resigned towards the end of this season)

DIVISION THREE: 15 teams

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Sub
So as things stand, these are the division sizes

DIVISION ONE: 18 teams (Presuming a team is promoted from Division Two, most likely to be Shildon Reserves)

DIVISION TWO: 17 teams (18 if Simonside return, they resigned towards the end of this season)

DIVISION THREE: 15 teams
Too large, too large, too large. Go

I’d go 16-14-10-10

Harry West

Junior Team Star
Wonder if the Wearside League will consider a name change - to the Durham County League?
It's the top of what's left of the Saturday leagues structure in the County. The Northern Alliance could follow suite and become the Northumberland Alliance?
That wouldn't matter to the remaining Tyneside leagues as their clubs are either Durham or Northumberland FA members anyway (I believe!).

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock