2021-22 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures

Roader

Junior Team Starter
Seemingly not. Unless someone from Leicestershire has the intelligence and respect to actually bother creating a new thread of their own for this garbage. Prospects of which appear bleak, I’d say.
I think your taking ‘First Team Star’ as a reason to be rude and dismissive. How other people read those three words is that you have too much time on your hands. You’re not a censor are you? If not then stay out of the discussion if you have nothing to contribute to it.

shimtoan

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Dunkirk
The thread isn’t about the two Hinckley teams it’s about name changes.
So let's take it back to being about name changes, mergers, and closures.

Start up a new thread with opinions about the Hinckley clubs, and leave this one to it's original purpose.

Roader

Junior Team Starter

Start up a new thread with opinions about the Hinckley clubs, and leave this one to it's original purpose.
I didn’t change the thread. I never mentioned attendances until it was brought up by Griffin. Point the finger at the right place and read the thread. No-one from Hinckley AFC has posted.🐏

Brightside

Reserve Team Regular
It’s a shame and a wake up call to other Cornish clubs. Think we all expected one to go somewhere- but to be Port….whoosh.

This is why I get so darn angry at some about some members moaning that we had 2 step 6 leagues and 2 step 7 leagues. Guess they’re happy now.

With the SWP West now down to 17 and likely losing 1 team upwards each season it doesn't seem to suggest a sustainable Step 6 league longer term without including Devon teams.

It had certainly helped Cornish & Devon teams at Step 5 though.

Griffon

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Nuneaton Griff
I didn’t change the thread. I never mentioned attendances until it was brought up by Griffin. Point the finger at the right place and read the thread. No-one from Hinckley AFC has posted.🐏
I have stepped down because others don't want it but of course you had to have the last word and start slinging the insults when you have nothing else to say. I had my book marked about you some time ago.
. You would be surprised how close I have been to the Hinckley clubs over the years but I keep it all to myself. I was in the church choir for many years with your Secretary as well., that's my last word.

Hoddy1.

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
. You would be surprised how close I have been to the Hinckley clubs over the years but I keep it all to myself. I was in the church choir for many years with your Secretary as well., that's my last word.
Forget the Hinckley spat , that was a disclosure too far Griffon.

Roader

Junior Team Starter

I have stepped down because others don't want it but of course you had to have the last word and start slinging the insults when you have nothing else to say. I had my book marked about you some time ago.
Yes I know who you are too. If you don’t want bites, don’t cast. I know that ‘***’ from Barwell frequents the Griff. He had the audacity to try and have a conversation with me a couple of seasons back and funnily enough, there he was chatting to you later. Church choir? Yep. I would have guessed as much.😎😎😂 I assume that’s the last word too.😳😉

pitch 63

Reserve Team Starter
Yes I know who you are too. If you don’t want bites, don’t cast. I know that ‘***’ from Barwell frequents the Griff. He had the audacity to try and have a conversation with me a couple of seasons back and funnily enough, there he was chatting to you later. Church choir? Yep. I would have guessed as much.😎😎😂 I assume that’s the last word too.😳😉
I hope that this is your last word as well on this matter.

Cherryhopper

First Team Regular
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Wow

Porthleven have gone from SWPL W

That’s a real shocker. They were a top team 20 years ago. A sad day for Cornish Soccer.
I guess the rise in recent years of Helston Athletic has had a detrimental effect on Porthleven's fortunes. Being the nearest town, I'd imagine a large bulk of Porthleven's support would have come from Helston during their golden era of the late 90's/early 00's. I remember passing Helston Athletic's ground on the coach during the Easter Hop in 2002, at the time they were a struggling Cornwall Combination club and the only furniture was an overhang of the clubhouse, their subsequent rise giving the locals a team to watch at the same level (now higher) in their own town rather than make the 4 mile trek to Porthleven.

Brightside

Reserve Team Regular
Wow

Porthleven have gone from SWPL W

That’s a real shocker. They were a top team 20 years ago. A sad day for Cornish Soccer.
I don't believe that I have seen whether they have folder or will continue at a lower level.

Anybody know for sure?

Nervous Rec

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Aldershot Town
Southwold Town not showing on FA Full Time Suffolk and Ipswich League Division 1, and all results expunged from the table. Anyone know if they have folded?

andy smith

Junior Team Regular
Southwold Town not showing on FA Full Time Suffolk and Ipswich League Division 1, and all results expunged from the table. Anyone know if they have f the SIL
From silhq.co.uk yesterday....

Today we have learned that Southwold Town have withdrawn their SIL team that were in Division One. They will continue to have a side playing in the Lowestoft and District League.

Now we will only have ten teams in Division One and the Southwold Town fixtures, previous games and table will be adjusted to show their withdrawal.

Nervous Rec

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Aldershot Town
From silhq.co.uk yesterday....

Today we have learned that Southwold Town have withdrawn their SIL team that were in Division One. They will continue to have a side playing in the Lowestoft and District League.

Now we will only have ten teams in Division One and the Southwold Town fixtures, previous games and table will be adjusted to show their withdrawal.
Apparently Southwold will be fielding a team in the Lowestoft League

Dribble!

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Ipswich Town
Clare Town - have folded their first team, but will keep their reserve side running- Cambridgeshire League

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks