2021/22 Fixture releases

Manchester Warrior

Reserve Team Starter
Anyone got an approximate date when season 2021/22 Northern Premier League fixtures are likely to be announced?

Understand that opening NPL fixtures are scheduled to be played on the weekend of Saturday 14th August 2021.

ChrisHFC

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Hendon
Ignoring 2020-21 because of Covid restrictions, in recent years Steps 3 and 4 fixtures have tended to be announced towards the end of the second week or in the third week of July. Having said that, the three leagues concerned may announce on different dates.

Saturday 14th August 2021 is also scheduled as the opening day of Southern League fixtures, though someone in SLPS will start late due to there being 21 clubs in the division.

Beano

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Ashford Town (Middlesex), Prescot Cables
The Trident League fixtures are produced by the same company that prepares the Premier League and EFL fixtures and won't be prepared until the matches for the Leagues further up the pecking order have been sorted out. This is because of things like shared stewards, groundsharing and clubs wanting to be at home when a specific 'bigger' club is away.

paulh66

First Team Star
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
In which case not before June 24, which is when the EFL fixtures are released.

Meanwhile, the SWP League will likely again be the first of the NLS leagues to publish its fixtures, as they're due for release tomorrow morning.

philglossop

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Saltash United
In which case not before June 24, which is when the EFL fixtures are released.

Meanwhile, the SWP League will likely again be the first of the NLS leagues to publish its fixtures, as they're due for release tomorrow morning.
Indeed- its a strange feeling knowing SWPL is out tomorrow and not having a part of it.

Does anyone know when Western League have historically released fixtures?

Manchester Warrior

Reserve Team Starter
Similar question as regards a possible NPL fixtures announcement date got asked on another forum recently.

It was mentioned that NPL fixtures for the 2019-2020 season were released on Thursday 11th July 2019, about five weeks before the start of that season (Saturday 17th August 2019).

Probable therefore that the upcoming season's fixtures (first game = Saturday 14th August 2021) will therefore also be announced sometime in early July 2021.

Entirely possible that an NPL fixtures announcement will be on or around Thursday 8th July 2021 if the timeframe is similar to two years ago.

Wiretown.Editor

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Town, Warrington Wolves RLFC
NPL fixture release is normally around that time frame and I see no reason why this season will be any different.

Ellisref

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Wrexham and a general look out for some of the friendly teams I've been observing at around the country.
Indeed- its a strange feeling knowing SWPL is out tomorrow and not having a part of it.

Does anyone know when Western League have historically released fixtures?
I recall there being a slight complication for the Western League in the past due to the Chippenham Town/Park 'groundshare'.

philglossop

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Saltash United
SWPL fixtures are out

Some crackers in 1st weekend. Okehampton v Torpoint is on my radar

pokal02

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Barnet, Cockfosters
Wendron's early fixtures appear to be at a new location 'Cob Cottage' - I don't recall seeing anything about a temporary/permanent move?

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Interesting but not Northern Premier League or indeed one of the other Trident Leagues.

Might be worthy of a separate thread.
No worthy of changing this thread to keep fixture release information in one place.
Links are welcomed, especially if not on full time

BDA_85

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
AFC Dunstable
Southern League Friday 16th July 2021

paulh66

First Team Star
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
NWCL "expect fixtures to be released a short while after the AGM", which takes place next Saturday, 12th.

philglossop

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Saltash United
Wendron's early fixtures appear to be at a new location 'Cob Cottage' - I don't recall seeing anything about a temporary/permanent move?
Must be a simple name change, as the complex down there is substantial (3 pitches), eco friendly and all pretty new.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks