2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures

Digdagdog

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Lancashire CCC, Wigan Warriors
Probably not hugely significant to most but after 50+ years, Westbury Rangers of the Chippenham & District Sunday League have decided to fold. That's some innings for a Sunday side!

rebus

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Wroxham, Barnet
Anglian Combination clubs Dussindale Rovers and and Hellesdon have merged, according to DR's Twitter account. The new club will be called Dussindale and Hellesdon Rovers.

Andrew H

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Hailsham Town
In preparation of the move to their new ground, Ringmer and AFC Ringmer have officially become one club.

Club will be known as Ringmer AFC. Playing in the Mid Sussex League.

Kingsmere

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Rampant Rangers

If I'm reading this right, Bicester United of the Oxfordshire Senior League have folded. They were the mens team of Bicester Town Colts. Kingsmere United of the Banbury District & Lord Jersey League have now merged with Bicester Town Colts and will be their mens team in the Oxfordshire Senior League. They will play at Oxford Road the traditional home of Bicester Town.

Kingsmere are only 4 years old they used to play at the excellent Whitelands 4G pitch in Kingsmere. Kingsmere is a very large development calling itself a village which is joining Bicester to Chesterton. Last season they were playing at Sunderland Drive the old home of ex Oxfordshire Senior League side Highfield Old Boys.

Bicester has many football pitches as the local plan seems to cater for them but few are used for mens football, just Bicester Hallions at the ex Kings End ground use a regular venue. Ashton Folly say they play at Whitelands but on an outer pitch, but pictures seem to indicate they play at the Pingle Field which in next to Oxford Road.

The old Bicester Civil Service ground is now houses, but there are plans for a step 6 4G ground on the Gravenhill Development which is a couple of miles outside Bicester built on ex military land.

I'm not sure if the nearby Garrison Ground is still in situ, that staged Hellenic football and service football and rumours are some of the Busby Babes played on it.

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Derby County, England & Borussia Mönchengladbach
SSML1 side Milton Keynes Robins are merging with SSML2 side Unite MK. I believe the league or FA have to agree to the final name.
Spartan League clubs MK Robins & Unite MK have merged (along with MK Irish Veterans). The clubs have formed ‘Milton Keynes Irish’ & hope to play in the Spartan Division 1 (Step 6) next season. They’ll play home games at Manor Fields in Fenny Stratford.

ComradeBT

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Wycombe Wanderers
Isn't the ruling that any merger of clubs results in the new entity taking the place in the National League System of the lower-ranked club? MK Robins are in SSMFL Division One; Unite MK in SSMFL Division Two.
Or does this fall outside the ruling with SSMFL Division Two - at Step 7 - not 'officially' within the National League System? (even though in reality it actually is considering there is automatic relegation & promotion between SSMFL Div 1 & 2)

windydcfc

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Derby County, England & Borussia Mönchengladbach
Isn't the ruling that any merger of clubs results in the new entity taking the place in the National League System of the lower-ranked club? MK Robins are in SSMFL Division One; Unite MK in SSMFL Division Two.
Or does this fall outside the ruling with SSMFL Division Two - at Step 7 - not 'officially' within the National League System? (even though in reality it actually is considering there is automatic relegation & promotion between SSMFL Div 1 & 2)
I'm sure that it's been pointed out on numerous occasions on this forum. That the FA never actually follows through on this ruling. I doubt that they're going to start now.

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
The regulation states that the FA's NLS Committee "shall determine at its absolute discretion where the Merged Club is to be included in the NLS for the following Playing Season."

It goes on to mention that, in arriving at its decision, the Committee may apply various minimum criteria, one of which is that "the Merged Club will ordinarily be placed at the lower of the Steps at which the Merging Clubs ended the Playing Season in which the application is made."

I think that last bit is pretty much all the regulation used to say. So it's all now rather mealy-mouthed but bottom line is it's at the FA's discretion.

007Dale

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
The regulation states that the FA's NLS Committee "shall determine at its absolute discretion where the Merged Club is to be included in the NLS for the following Playing Season."

It goes on to mention that, in arriving at its decision, the Committee may apply various minimum criteria, one of which is that "the Merged Club will ordinarily be placed at the lower of the Steps at which the Merging Clubs ended the Playing Season in which the application is made."

I think that last bit is pretty much all the regulation used to say. So it's all now rather mealy-mouthed but bottom line is it's at the FA's discretion.
I think it’s largely designed to stop the ‘merger in name only’ - I.e. if a bigger club lower down the pyramid, effectively tried to takeover a rival purely to gain league position.

Sacristan.Revenant

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Bo'ness Utd, Yeovil Town, Dynamos (Zimbabwe).
Please, has anyone collated the list of teams in Steps 1 to 5 which will not play in their 2019-20 Step in 2020-21; for any reason?

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Please, has anyone collated the list of teams in Steps 1 to 5 which will not play in their 2019-20 Step in 2020-21; for any reason?
Don't take this as gospel but iirc it's just South Normanton and NKF Burbage at the moment.

BDA_85

Reserve Team Sub
(even though in reality it actually is considering there is automatic relegation & promotion between SSMFL Div 1 & 2)
#
Is it? Be interesting to hear Karen Browne's thoughts on this statement.

ComradeBT

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Wycombe Wanderers
#
Is it? Be interesting to hear Karen Browne's thoughts on this statement.
In essence, yes. Although promotion limited by necessary grading (floodlights), so clubs finishing mid-table in Division Two have been known to 'earn promotion' !

shimtoan

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Dunkirk
Newark Flowserve are now simply Newark FC.

This is coming from a quick see at their Twitter which just calls them Newark Football Club, and their badge no longer has Flowserve on it.

It looks like the change happened on the 15th of May

SuperKev!

Junior Team Sub
I'm sure that it's been pointed out on numerous occasions on this forum. That the FA never actually follows through on this ruling. I doubt that they're going to start now.
I had this discussion with the late Mike Appleby when Maldon Town and Tiptree United formed the current day Maldon & Tiptree FC. I pointed out that a merged club should take the Essex Senior League place of Tiptree, rather than the Isthmian place of Maldon. However, as Tiptree formally resigned from the ESL at the end of the season, the FA did not view it as a merger. As far as they were concerned, Tiptree officials found themselves without a club and joined the Maldon board and the name change simply reflected this.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks