2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures

mayo

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Bradford City (lapsed)
In the West Cheshire League, Pensby and Heswall have announced that they are to merge. I would think that it's more like newcomers Pensby being taken in as part of the established Heswall set-up.

FLOYD FIRECAN

Junior Team Sub
Pensby have recently had problems fielding a side and have also been hit with a huge increase in charges for the use of their pitch at Pensby High School.

Andy D

Youth Team Sub
NKF Burbage have announced that they are folding with immediate effect.

Kirby Knitters

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
The Knitters.
I see Hinckley AFC are now moving in with Barwell
Yep, Barwell have shown an interest in putting out a reserve side next season but obviously will not be playing at Kirkby Road should they do so. NKF reserves played last season at Barlestone so a vacancy has arisen.

kivo

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Kiveton Park
Sheffield International
Sheffield Wednesday
United Worksop have called it a day.

Mike s

Junior Team Hopeful
So the first two clubs to go are clubs who groundshare or I assume for UW rent
I would hope neither pay wages but that may be wrong for the first

Neither however should have any costs if not playing and no reduction in income so unsure why they need to fold. It may I assume be that one sponsor pays all the costs

007Dale

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Given the speed in which Hinckley are taking Burbage’s place at Barwell, is it possible there has been some skullduggery?
Although groundsharing, Burbage have been progressing nicely over the last few years. Mid-table and crowds over 60, more than respectable for step 6.

Kirby Knitters

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Given the speed in which Hinckley are taking Burbage’s place at Barwell, is it possible there has been some skullduggery?
Although groundsharing, Burbage have been progressing nicely over the last few years. Mid-table and crowds over 60, more than respectable for step 6.
Reason for folding is they have no committee members left to run things and the manager was only made aware of the situation a few days ago. The club have gone as far as they can. Some highly successful seasons in Sunday football then moving into the Saturday game with the same bunch of players who were all mates, some left then the manager left so the writing has been on the wall for a while now.

007Dale

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Reason for folding is they have no committee members left to run things and the manager was only made aware of the situation a few days ago. The club have gone as far as they can. Some highly successful seasons in Sunday football then moving into the Saturday game with the same bunch of players who were all mates, some left then the manager left so the writing has been on the wall for a while now.
Shame, but I guess there is always that risk when there are no foundations (literally) of their own. Good for Hinckley to edge closer to home.

Kirby Knitters

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Shame, but I guess there is always that risk when there are no foundations (literally) of their own. Good for Hinckley to edge closer to home.
They had talks with Leicester Road before moving to Barwell but it was before the clubhouse had been built inside the stadium so NKF decided on Kirkby Road but the option for them to go to LR is still available but with the situation they are in it would have changed nothing so closure was the only option.

windydcfc

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Derby County, England & Borussia Mönchengladbach
Marlow Utd have withdrawn from the Hellenic League and requested to be placed at step 7 of NLS.

Pawn Of Prophecy

Junior Team Regular
Marlow Utd have withdrawn from the Hellenic League and requested to be placed at step 7 of NLS.
Curious. They moved into a groundshare with Isthmian side Marlow 3 or 4 seasons back with the stated intention of moving up the pyramid. Things must have gone pear shaped.

Wonder if they'll now leave the expensive groundshare and revert to a Step 7 park style pitch.

paulh66

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Curious. They moved into a groundshare with Isthmian side Marlow 3 or 4 seasons back with the stated intention of moving up the pyramid. Things must have gone pear shaped.

Wonder if they'll now leave the expensive groundshare and revert to a Step 7 park style pitch.
Their statement cites pressure on finances caused by so many Saturday home games being postponed and shifted to midweeks. But also, perhaps more tellingly, their inability to sufficiently fund raise and secure sponsorship for next season given the current climate: https://www.marlowunited.com/news/club-statement-2526675.html

No news on where they plan to play future home games.

Swindon Addick

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Charlton Athletic, Cambridge City
No news on where they plan to play future home games.
I don't have any inside knowledge of the club, but I do know that the flood relief works that have closed their traditional home at Gossmore Lane were due to finally finish on site this spring. Doubtless that will be delayed somewhat by current circumstances, but I would have thought it would be a possibility at least for the future if not immediately. The plans for the flood scheme involved the pitch being put back in the same place on ground slightly higher than it used to be.

Desselsportfan

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Dessel Sport, Oxford Utd and all North Devon Clubs
Just noticed Devon and Exeter league side Cronies have called it a day.
Quote below from the D and E website. They had been groundsharing with Topsham Tn.

Cronies call it a day
End of an era for the rocket men

Cronies football club have decided to end their short but dynamic career. The club have posted a statement on social media outlining their decision to shut up shop, and will make a big hole in the Premier division which was a gettable target but for the current crisis which has brought the season to an end.

Cronies football club stepped into the adult league as Henrys Cronies winning all 26 league matches, and literally rocketed up the ladder. A playing record almost second to none and with an equally impressive cups history they have been certainly left a mark. The club which shortened its name on the road to Cronies have also been a credit to the League in their administration, and will be sadly missed.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks