Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Friday 6th December 2019

barcud-coch
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 11:35 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1058 views)
Shortcut
Friday 6th December 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Goytre 7 Ton Pentre 0

Plough Road: Nathaniel Car Sales Welsh League First Division

This was my second visit of the campaign to Plough Road, which has become something of a regular hunting ground in recent seasons, having watched the home club entertain Second division visitors Chepstow Town in a League Cup tie in late September. Despite meeting the criteria to participate in the former Welsh League First Division last term, which also required the installation of two stands that complied with the minimum 250 seats regulation, Goytre suffered a disappointing campaign on the pitch and were relegated from the second tier of Welsh football following a six-season stay at that level of the pyramid. The Plough Road club find themselves playing in the re-named Welsh League First Division, which is at the third tier of Welsh football, following the introduction of the Cymru North and Cymru South at the level directly above this in the pyramid. Goytre has made a sound start to the current campaign as they held an unbeaten record following their opening seven league fixtures. The Monmouthshire outfit came into this evening’s clash on the back of a 1-1 home draw with promoted Penydarren BGC last weekend. Ton Pentre were relegated from the second tier of the pyramid at the end of last term and found themselves hovering just above the relegation zone in the Welsh League First Division this season. The Bulldogs suffered a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Caldicot Town last Saturday afternoon and only have a single league victory to their name so far during the current campaign. The attendance this evening was somewhat disappointingly but it was good to see one of the south Wales hopping cognoscenti present, Les Howells, also known as 'Caldicot's Finest'. No doubt a peerage will be bestowed on the great man one day for his services to ground hopping over many years.

The hosts headed narrowly over the target from a sixth minute corner after initially going close with an initial shot that deflected behind for the set-piece. Goytre did break the deadlock when Matt MacDonald was played in on goal and fired a low effort into the far corner of the net. The Bulldogs came close to levelling the scores three minutes later when they broke down the right flank but fired an effort narrowly over the crossbar from the edge of the penalty area. The Monmouthshire outfit saw a 22nd minute close range effort blocked for a corner before Dan MacDonald cross was deflected into the fr corner of the net by the head of Rameer Outlaw just four minutes later. Goytre extended their lead further in the 24th minute when Finlay Ryan-Phillips slotted past the Bulldogs' goalkeeper after the ball deflected into his pathway after a solid challenge just outside the Ton Pentre penalty. The visitors from the Rhondda were handed a lifeline in the 36th minute put the spot-kick was saved and so was the follow-up effort. The hosts went close with a fierce drive on the left side of the penalty area in the 45th minute that flew narrowly wide of the far post before the Bulldogs were awarded another penalty in stoppage time. However, their second spot-kick of the evening was pulled wide of the target and Goytre could enjoy a 3-0 interval advantage. The hosts added to this 10 minutes after the restart with Kris Leeks' low shot from the edge of the penalty area before a fifth goal arrived in the 75th minute. Goytre broke down the right flank and a low cross to the far post was converted by Luke Fernquest. Former Monmouth Town player Dan MacDonald attempted to lob the Bulldogs' custodian free near the halfway line in the 82nd minute before the same player netted just a minute later after his initial penalty was saved by the visiting goalkeeper. Ton Pentre saw a low deflected effort clip the outside of an upright in the 85th minute before Goytre completed the scoring four minutes later when Jason Thorn latched on to a through ball and guided the ball past the goalkeeper to give the result a slightly flattering look for the Monmouthshire men.

2019/20 Statistics
Goals: 535
Matches: 101
New Grounds: 16

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 7, 2019, 9:16 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2 of 4 (892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Friday 6th December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Regionalliga West
1. FC Koln II 0-1 Fortuna Koln
Admission €5 (oldie), No Programme. Attendance ~1000

When should one (if you are not Hoddy), go to a reserve team at home, and tick off the ground? In my book, it demands two things
1) That it is convenient to me
2) That the team does not share its facilities with a first team that I might want to visit.

The same rules, I think, work for Ladies football although it is many years since I have seen a ladies game and I have never ticked off a ground for one. Having missed Red Star's season at Jean Bouin, I might go for PSG Ladies in the Women's Champions League there next year.

So, to the Franz Kramer stadion in the Rhein Energie Sportpark. Kramer is a former president of 1. FC Koln, while Rhein Energie is the current main sponsor. I think it is also the current name of the Mungersdorfer.

This is the training complex for the team, and there are a number of pitches here, including a stadium pitch. After discovering there is no parking for general public at the ground, I was directed down the road and found a small parking area a couple of hundred yards away. There must be more around. Access was then down a dark unlit path which has not been well maintained.

The stadium itself is fine for the purpose. All along one side is a seated stand with about seven rows of seats while stepped concrete terracing is built up to a similar height on the other three sides. At least in the home areas, the fences are not so high as to obstruct views. There is no covered accomodation for the away fans, and Fortuna Koln had a fair number for this evening. [I would suspect that they had as many here as they did when I visited Sudstadion way back in 1991, even though they were two divisions higher at the time].

The away fans were in good voice despite getting drenched, while the home ultras took one end of the covered stand, closest to the beer and wurst stall. This small area within the ground, and a portakabin lavatory were the only additional spectator facilities supplied. I assume something was also available for the away fans. I think it was possible to access some of the rooms in the club building, but I did not investigate.

For the seats, it is €10 admission, halved for concessions. When I said I was over 60, they asked if I was retired. Answering "yes", I got the reduction without further ado. The security check was then unsure about my camera, but let it pass when I said I was not taking professional photographs. I have had my bag checked by many first teams at Regionalliga and none have questioned the camera.

As for the game, it was not up to much. There were few chances in the first period, and I do not think one of these was actually on target.

The second half was somewhat better, helped by a shot on target from distance by Farid Abderrahmane that beat everyone for pace and accuracy.

Overall, a good and deserved win for the visitors, I have not worked through the home side's ages, but I have seen the team listed at 1. FC Koln II, U-23 and U-21 - so they may be very young. None appeared likely to appear in the Bundesliga soon. The players that most caught the eye were on the visiting side, in particular Mike Owusu and the young right back, Nico Ochojski.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

bagman
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 7, 2019, 11:24 AM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #3 of 4 (786 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Friday 6th December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier League 2 Division 2

Fulham U/23 (0) 3 v 3 (2) West Ham United U/23 (at Motspur Park)

Admission £1 OAP , Team Sheet , Attendance 166

Nobody's Heroes
Youth Team Regular

Dec 7, 2019, 1:16 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, CPD Porthmadog, Ross County

Post #4 of 4 (732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Friday 6th December 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Primeira Liga, Portugal

Boavista FC 1 SC Benfica 4

Estadio do Bessa, Porto

Ticket (online) - 25 Euros No paperwork found

An early afternoon flight from Liverpool Airport to Porto saw me arrive in good time for this clash which kicked off at 8.30pm local time.

Estadio do Bessa lies around a 15 minute walk from the Francos metro stop although it is not easily seen initially due to the built up nature of the area, but once found was resplendent in the club colours of black and white.

I'd ordered my ticket online and printed at home via the Boavista FC website, thus was surprised when my ticket was for the away end along with the excellent Benfica supporters. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise as they created quite an atmosphere on the way to a comfortable away victory.

Very impressed with the stadium although was somewhat disappointed at the lack of home support in a stadium barely half full. Was also a little surprised to be held in for around 30 minutes after the final whistle, not sure why as there was no edge to the game. However, this allowed for an easy access back on to the metro when we were eventually let out and saw me successfully complete the 1st game of three over the weekend if all goes to plan.

Next up is a trip to Famalicao to see the early season surprise package take on mid-table Tondela.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3