Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
FA Vase draw shambles

TC of Berks
Junior Team Star

Dec 2, 2019, 3:11 PM

Team(s): Berkshire

Post #1 of 11 (4679 views)
Shortcut
FA Vase draw shambles Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hello, I don't write on here all that often but I feel compelled to after another 'can't be bothered' effort around the FA Vase Fourth Round draw today.

As has been the case all season, there was no notification by any of the FA's social media channels when the draw would be. Usually that means 1pm on the Monday after the games, but today I received a response to a complaint I made about the 'coverage' of the Third Round draw at 11:30am, informing me the Fourth Round draw would be at 11:30am on Talksport2.

It's not exactly a surprise, this attitude that is taken, it's been at least the last two seasons that no information has been put out. I certainly have no complaints with Talksport, they did mention they had the draw on SM an hour before but you did have to go looking for it - and it didn't help that I then couldn't find the numbers that related to the teams.

The Vase (and Trophy) is incredibly important to non league clubs and I am just so frustrated with the way the FA treats its competition. I don't know how much Buildbase pay as sponsors, but they can't be happy.

Anyway, sorry. Just needed to vent. Feel free to tell me I've gone way over the top.

Co-editor of FootballinBerkshire - covering the game from Sunday League to semi-pro, Hungerford to Slough and Thatcham to Maidenhead.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

BDA_85
First Team Star

Dec 2, 2019, 7:40 PM

Post #2 of 11 (4238 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TC of Berks] FA Vase draw shambles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Still disappointing that it isn't shown on YouTube or other video sharing service.
The low volume of ticket sales will continue if they don't look to expand awareness in the earlier rounds.

footylover
Junior Team Sub

Dec 4, 2019, 3:12 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 11 (2752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TC of Berks] FA Vase draw shambles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At least the year on year on stitch up of Northern League clubs seems to have died down this year. All surviving clubs from the North east kept apart .

Grass Roots football is the only football worth watching

BDA_85
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 7:17 PM

Post #4 of 11 (2544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [footylover] FA Vase draw shambles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Would still like to see the final change venue every year. Only so many games you can see at Wembley before it loses the charm.

Bradshaw
Youth Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 7:22 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC., Black Country non-league; The F.A.Vase

Post #5 of 11 (2534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] FA Vase draw shambles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Couldn't agree more. Wembley as a place to view a football match is utterly overrated. Can't stand the place with it's over the top security. The worst seat I have ever had for any match ever was an FACup semi-final at this place - a worm's eye view long through the goal net.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 4, 2019, 7:23 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #6 of 11 (2534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] FA Vase draw shambles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For most clubs and their supporters (and associated glory hunters!) reaching Wembley for a Vase final will only ever be a one-off. Think that charm would be lost if it moved elsewhere.

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2019, 8:16 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #7 of 11 (2488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] FA Vase draw shambles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Totally agree with you Paul66, my own club has played at Villa Park and another Premiership ground in local cup finals and they were superb occasions but the dream is an appearance at Wembley!
I have been to the new Wembley for a Vase Final and agree what others say about security, price of food and drink etc but it is still the epitone of most club's ambitions.

kirby knitters

Dec 5, 2019, 8:48 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #8 of 11 (2192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] FA Vase draw shambles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

AFC Sudbury. Three FAV finals in as many years. Bad enough losing them all but at West Ham, Birmingham City and Tottenham!! Gutted must have been an understatement.

codofthenorth
First Team Regular

Dec 5, 2019, 11:45 PM

Post #9 of 11 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] FA Vase draw shambles [In reply to] Can't Post or

I'd have the Trophy winners play the Vase winners as a Charity curtain raiser for the Non League Season. Aye the Trophy winner would win it 9 times out of ten, but it may boost the profile of Non League.

kirby knitters

Dec 6, 2019, 7:50 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #10 of 11 (1475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [codofthenorth] FA Vase draw shambles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At what venue would you have such a game take place at. Wembley by any chance? I think this subject has arisen before on here and got the thumbs down big time.

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 8:38 AM

Team(s): Various

Post #11 of 11 (1432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] FA Vase draw shambles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It used to be played pre-season, cannot recall the name but recall Tiverton Town hosting Trophy winner pre-season for it.

Ended up as a ever so slightly interesting pre-season match amongst thousands of pre-season matches !

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3