Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Monday 25th November 2019

Hertspireite
Junior Team Star

Nov 26, 2019, 7:15 AM

Team(s): Chesterfield FC

Post #1 of 3 (1276 views)
Shortcut
Monday 25th November 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hertfordshire Senior Cup
Top Field, Fishponds Road, SG5

Hitchin Town 1 - 1 Welwyn Garden City (Step 7 v Step 8)
Hitchin win on Penalties 4 - 3
WGC x y y y x
Hitchin y y y y
Admission 6/4, Tea 1, no progs (that I saw)
Attendance 73

Not many local teams have regular Monday night football, but Hitchin do. Not a busy night so plenty of room in the club carpark, with the odd rain filled pothole. Hitchin have had a recent backlog of fixtures due to a delayed FA Trophy match and the somewhat rainy weather.....so this was a rescheduled game that went straight to penalties. The last time the 2 teams met was in the (Southern) League Cup where WGC won 5 - 0.

First half was not particularly exciting, Hitchin managed to score at 52 minutes in. WGC equalised after the goalmouth was left wide open and the ball barely had to be tapped across the line. WGC were awarded a penalty shortly after, which Charlie Horlock managed to do an impressive save. No extra time so it was ultimately decided on penalties.

2018 -19 season. 7 new grounds.
2019 -20 season 24 new grounds.
Newest ground visited The Van Elle Welfare Ground, Pinxton FC, Derbyshire, Central Midlands Football League South, Level 11

(This post was edited by Hertspireite on Nov 26, 2019, 7:22 AM)

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 26, 2019, 8:36 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #2 of 3 (1190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hertspireite] Monday 25th November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'll reply to this one as I suspect timmytabby's contribution will be locked out. I'm a free man this week as 'er indoors is at the Southern residence, so a trio of NWCL revisits are on the cards, the first being:

Maine Road 0 Stone Old Alleynians 3, North West Counties League Division 1 South, Att: 52, Admission: 5, Prog: 1.50

This was a comfortable win for the visitors who didn't really need to get out of second gear against a willing but limited Maine Road side who failed to score for the first time this season. Stone dominated possession but more often than not it was to little effect, lots of passing back and sideways just to keep the ball when I suspect a more positive approach would have resulted in more goals against a ponderous home defence. There was also a touch of niggle from the visitors which was unnecessary in a game which was well controlled by a very good referee. An early goal set the tone and although Stone were rarely in danger of losing, the points were only secured by two late goals in the second period. Some changes to Brantingham Road since my last visit in 2008, one of the two smaller stands on one side has been removed leaving just the one beyond the dugouts however the longer stand with bench seating on the opposite side remains the same. The tea bar on the ground has also been removed (probably before it collapsed) and refreshments are now dispensed from inside the main bar room. The railed pitch which backed onto the main ground, where I once saw Chorlton Town is now just an overgrown field, no sign of a rail or goalposts. Considering the small crowds here, a word of praise must go to the editor of the impressive programme, 56 pages full of info including possibly the most comprehensive club stats I've seen for a while.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 26, 2019, 9:45 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 3 (1097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Monday 25th November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'll reply to this one as I suspect timmytabby's contribution will be locked out. I'm a free man this week as 'er indoors is at the Southern residence, so a trio of NWCL revisits are on the cards, the first being:

Given the choice of two, I lock down the one with no replies!

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3