Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Sunday 24th November 2019

Dave 56
First Team Sub

Nov 24, 2019, 5:56 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 4 (1652 views)
Shortcut
Sunday 24th November 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday Challenge Cup Quarter Final. KO 11:00. (F&N). Crowd 12

Moorcroft Community 8 v 4 FC Gnosall

This appealed as it was Potteries league v Stafford league. Both teams had 100% records from their 4 league games. Grange Park was the location and it had a fully railed pitch!! Presumably used at a higher level at some stage?

This was a really close and entertaining encounter with the home side taking the lead in the 3rd minute. The visitors started slowly but improved steadily and did equalise but conceded again shortly before half time.

Tremendous second half as it went 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 3-4, 4-4 and 4-5. Moorcroft just ahead ahead until a late flurry of goals starting in the 82nd minute. Really enjoyed the game.

Womens National League Cup. KO 15:00. Free Admission. Programme, 24 pages, glossy, £1. Crowd circa 120.

Stoke City 3 v 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Hadn't planned to do another game and with Full Time down early this morning, I couldn't be sure of what was on. However during half time in the above game, I saw this fixture was being played at Clayton Wood, Stoke's training ground. I had seen a game on the main pitch but as it is close to home a revisit was fine. However, after arriving for a 2pm KO, I found it had been put back to 3pm because the first team were training there in the morning and they wouldn't let anyone in. I would have thought that with their current form you might get a game if you turn up!!The other change was the match was being played on the 3G, which is railed on the nearside for spectators.

Stoke are a division above Wolves and started well, taking an early lead. As the game progressed Wolves came more into it and got a deserved first half equaliser.

It was quite late in the game, with extra time looming that Stoke scored twice to make the tie safe but in the 8th minute of stoppage time Wolves were awarded a penalty, duly converted and the final whistle blew immediately.

Stewards around but no issues with attendance,Tea/Coffee from a vending machine but at only 60p a cup. Eccentric referee who handled the game well, making his decision clearl in avery loud voice. Started 6 minutes late and finished at 17:15

(This post was edited by Dave 56 on Nov 24, 2019, 5:59 PM)

Digdagdog
First Team Star

Nov 24, 2019, 6:32 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #2 of 4 (1603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Sunday 24th November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chippenham & District Sunday League
Forest Community Centre, Melksham
New Inn Wacker 4 Westbury Railway 1
F&N Attendance: 18

I intended to go to the only Wilts Sunday Cup game scheduled but that was abandoned as Stratton couldn't raise a team, so I kept it strictly local. Basic pitch with a community hall pavilion and Division One leaders were the hosts. I played here several times in my Youth games days; it can be a bit of a bog but was firm today.
Quite a good game with the home side proving inept in front of goal on several occasions and Railway leading on 20 with a bouncing ball in the 6 yard box hooked home. HT 0-1
Second half was all New Inn and they justified their top spot with 4 goals on 56, 70, 74 and 82 to stretch their lead. Pick of their goals was the second, which was a first-time hit from 25 yards which flew into the top corner.

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 93 Goals: 366 GPG: 3.94 New Grounds: 51

(This post was edited by Digdagdog on Nov 24, 2019, 6:52 PM)

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 24, 2019, 10:26 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #3 of 4 (1359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Sunday 24th November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Southern Region Womens League
Newbury 0-8 AFC Bournemouth
Played at Donnington Rec
Headcount 18 - F + N

Just the one game for me in the end, CBA with planned morning game at Middle Wallop not knowing whether it would be on or if I could get into the army base, result still not showing on Fulltime. Despite being 3rd v 2nd at the start of play this was a mismatch with Cherries scoring two goals in the first five minutes and were 6-0 up by the 35th minute. Cherries eased up in the second half only adding two more goals against the hosts who were reduced to 10 women when one of their players went off injured early in the second half and they had no subs.

Donnington is only a mile and a half from the centre of Newbury but a separate village to the town and the recreation ground is a nice set up shared with cricket, the pitch roped off on both sides with the pavilion providing cover but facing away from from the pitch which slopes down to the corners aiding drainage. The end to the south is below pitch level while the entrance is high above pitch level on a grass bank in the north west corner and this vantage point provides picturesque views of the pitch and some grand buildings behind including a pub called The Castle behind a car park on the east side - Donnington Castle is about half a mile to the north west but not visible from the ground. Also on this side is a childrens play area at the top of a grass bank behind a couple of park benches which provides more elevated viewing. Don't know if any mens teams play at this venue, Newbury FC men play at Henwick Worthy in Thatcham and can't find reserves or any sign of a Donnington FC in the lower reaches of the Thames Valley League so Newbury Ladies looks the best bet for ticking this quaint ground.

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 25, 2019, 8:14 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #4 of 4 (1180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Sunday 24th November 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Alex Jack Cup Final
Musselburgh Athletic v Oakley United, 4-2, H.T. 0-1, Att 592, Admission £7, Programme £2, Coffee £1
At New Victoria Park, Newtongrange

Once the Mickey Mouse Trophy of the East Seniors, this is now the most keenly contested of all. It is the Cup for non SFA members and the winners play off against the winners of the South of Scotland equivalent for a place in next season’s Scottish Cup.

Musselburgh were pre-match favourites being a Premier Division side as opposed to First Division Oakley United. Musselburgh is a much bigger place and better-supported club but Oakley were not to be underestimated. The village got behind the team for this game with three coach loads of fans travelling through from West Fife. Together with a sizeable Musselburgh contingent and a fair turnout of neutrals, the game attracted a healthy figure of 592 paying customers for an overall crowd of around 650.

Musselburgh’s team is sprinkled with former Seniors and well-known names. Oakley’s team came mainly from Amateur football with the majority having been signed from Tullibody Amateurs or Valleyfield Amateurs. The first half was even with both teams scorning great chances. The only goal came for Oakley. They were awarded a penalty which was parried and the rebound deflected for a corner. From the corner Musselburgh failed defensively and the Oakley centre had a free header into goal.

The game was turned on its head within three minutes of the restart. Musselburgh got a penalty which they scored and then added a second goal straight away. Oakley fought hard and came close to equalising but two further Burgh goals midway through the half sealed the win. Oakley did a goal back with ten minutes left, then lost a man for a straight red card foul as frustration set in.

Musselburgh will meet Mid Annandale in the Play off Final in January, at Blackburn United’s ground. They have already met in the South Challenge Cup this season with Burgh winning 5-0.

Newtongrange may not have been the most geographically neutral venue (6 miles from Musselburgh, 35 from Oakley) but it us a fine venue for a Cup Final. The pitch is excellent, there is ample cover and a decent social club. The turnout of the East and West cognoscenti was impressive so it provided the usual opportunity to catch up on all the news and gossip from around the non league world.

Match Programme on sale for £2. I was responsible for some of the content with fitbadaft looking after the design and print.

Had the car so didn’t join the pre-match gathering in the magnificent Dean Tavern. Usual excellent range of pies and bridies were on sale at the Star Canteen behind the goal.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3